Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car is here, in San Diego, on the day after it was produced! WTF I'm so excited right now.

The advisor texted to let me know that its actually been delivered early. Additionally he confirmed hw3. Pickup appointment scheduled Thursday! All this but still no vin assignment on the account page itself if it helps anyone stressing out about it.

Again white/black/aero ordered 6/4

Been lurking this thread since order date of 5/30. White/black, FSD, Aero's located in the bay area. Just got an email from my owner advisor and a schedule delivery text. No change to the account login but confirmed a vin via source code. Hang in there everybody, seems like we're getting there.

Reactions: jvmoore1
Good to hear people are still getting notifications and VINs. I still haven't heard anything. I've called Tesla and they just say, "keep waiting..."

It really does look like they are assigning VINs from East coast to West. Some CA people have seen a VIN already, but it appears the vast majority of VINs assigned so far have been long delivery orders. Being in Louisiana, I just got my VIN this morning. So it looks like they are moving West.

And one person said that they are still fulfilling orders and some may not see VINs till Wednesday. With my VIN being new this morning they are obviously still making the cars. So everyone left just needs to hold on a little longer. This weekend almost felt a little torturous seeing others get VINs. But it truly does appear that everyone will get the car they ordered.

Heck, there's a good chance that CA people who get a VIN on Wednesday will probably get their car well before they East Coast people who got a VIN on Friday.

Hang in there everyone, the finish line is just ahead.

Reactions: Appleaday
Hey guys,
I have an issue I need isight. My advisor forgot to add my configuration in time of the last rwd order deadline. Which was last week. I wanted a blue , black interior and 18 tires. Since he didn't order it. I'd be stuck losing 1,875 tax credit.
Fortunately due to my persistence I found an inventory model 3 rwd coming to Florida already (I'm located in FL lol). I scooped it up. To find out. This
... Alot of expensive upgrades. White , white seats, 19rims. Also I'd be paying full price for all the upgrades. It will arrive on the 26th before the tax deadline. It's 2.5K over my absolute max budget. I don't know if it has hw3 but it does have homelink....... Do I keep this all white car when I just want a blue one. Or lose the tax credit and probably just not buy a Tesla due to pride depression and pure frustration.

This car is 49,900 and is the same price as an all black all wheel drive. I could consider getting an all-wheel drive at the same price.

Hey guys,
I have an issue I need isight. My advisor forgot to add my configuration in time of the last rwd order deadline. Which was last week. I wanted a blue , black interior and 18 tires. Since he didn't order it. I'd be stuck losing 1,875 tax credit.
Fortunately due to my persistence I found an inventory model 3 rwd coming to Florida already (I'm located in FL lol). I scooped it up. To find out. This
... Alot of expensive upgrades. White , white seats, 19rims. Also I'd be paying full price for all the upgrades. It will arrive on the 26th before the tax deadline. It's 2.5K over my absolute max budget. I don't know if it has hw3 but it does have homelink....... Do I keep this all white car when I just want a blue one. Or lose the tax credit and probably just not buy a Tesla due to pride depression and pure frustration.

This car is 49,900 and is the same price as an all black all wheel drive. I could consider getting an all-wheel drive at the same price.
Just get the rwd. You won't be using the AWD in FL. The white car will remain cooler than the black.

• Love
Reactions: 3Sweet
Hey guys,

to add to SoManyM3s's point,

The RWD with 19" wheels has comparable efficiency to 18" AWD as per Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com. AWD has slightly different drive and handling dynamics, and of course more power. But, LR RWD remains the efficiency leader.

The options (color and wheels) match the car on the front page of the model 3 manual. Its cool looking...

Reactions: SoManyM3s
Most of the ones inside has me in it but here is one last shot before we drove off!!

Attachments

• 8B45EA08-0012-4ECD-A419-4E361A97D169.jpeg
    8B45EA08-0012-4ECD-A419-4E361A97D169.jpeg
    536.7 KB · Views: 77