Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the flurry of SR+ vin assignments, it sounds like Tesla is producing and assigning vehicles in batches based on trim level. So, for this past week, I think Tesla focused almost exclusively on manufacturing SR+s. If that is the case, it doesn't seem like any LR RWDs have been mass produced yet. Unclear whether they will turn to these next week or few weeks from now :(

That they pushed the SR delivery dates on the website to 6-8 weeks but left the LR RWD at "within two weeks" would lead me to believe they plan to hit those next, although I've also heard there is a number of LR RWD inventory cars around the country but I'm not sure I buy that based on no one saying they've gotten an LR RWD VIN yet

That they pushed the SR delivery dates on the website to 6-8 weeks but left the LR RWD at "within two weeks" would lead me to believe they plan to hit those next, although I've also heard there is a number of LR RWD inventory cars around the country but I'm not sure I buy that based on no one saying they've gotten an LR RWD VIN yet

I also think that if Tesla was really relying on their inventory to fulfill LR RWD models, they would be quoting shorter time frames than 2 weeks, no? It seems that people who have been receiving inventory models have been picking up their models in under a week, barring any unforeseen personal and/or logistical issues. All that is to say, I am cautiously optimistic that the 2 week delivery estimate is for newly built LR RWDs

I also think that if Tesla was really relying on their inventory to fulfill LR RWD models, they would be quoting shorter time frames than 2 weeks, no? It seems that people who have been receiving inventory models have been picking up their models in under a week, barring any unforeseen personal and/or logistical issues. All that is to say, I am cautiously optimistic that the 2 week delivery estimate is for newly built LR RWDs

I'm guessing "within 2 weeks" is the lowest they will go with the timing estimate so even if they have the exact car in your city you're probably getting quoted that when you first order

The MR model that I rejected yesterday was built in 2019. It had some pretty visible gaps in the panels. The front and rear door were not aligned properly.

I asked the delivery coordinator what will happen to the car now that I’ve rejected it. He said they will just put it back in the pool and reassign it to someone else waiting for a MR. At least he was being honest.

The MR model that I rejected yesterday was built in 2019. It had some pretty visible gaps in the panels. The front and rear door were not aligned properly.

I asked the delivery coordinator what will happen to the car now that I’ve rejected it. He said they will just put it back in the pool and reassign it to someone else waiting for a MR. At least he was being honest.

I am surprised and disappointed to hear that even recently built cars still have quality control issues. One would think after building over 200k units and no longer having a strict deadline, production quality would be up to industry average.

To be honest, I’m not sure if most people would have rejected the car due to the panel gaps. When I pointed them out to the delivery coordinator he didn’t even argue about them. But at the same time he didn’t notice them until I showed them to him, and he delivers cars all day long.

Panel gap inconsistencies are not unique to Tesla. I’ve never paid any attention to them in all of the years that I’ve purchased cars. No company can build a perfect car with no gaps. But Tesla got a bad rap early on because their 2017 Model 3 builds were much worse than other luxury cars and the word spread quickly over the internet.

There is no way to know if the gaps would have led to reliability issues down the road. Consumer reports did have issues with body hardware reliability when they did their survey, but again they were looking at mostly the early models.

I would definitely take a close look at the panels when you go to pick up your car, but no car is going to be perfect.

I turned down the 2018 that I was offered on Thursday, on Friday they had a 2019 for me in transit. Instead of a March 12th delivery of a 2018, I have to wait 2 more days for a 2019..... I think its worth the wait......lol

Ordered LR RWD 03/03 in Montreal:
Red multi-coat / black int / 18" wheels / AP+FSD

Website was showing 2 weeks on the Canadian website (still does), let's hope it's real...

Wuc5Egl.png

Ordered at the Tesla Store on 2/28 at 2 PM PST. Got the LR RWD/Metallic Silver/Black/Std Wheels

Have not received a VIN or anything about delivery yet, assuming there will be some traction this week.

Is anyone located in Las Vegas? Have you received anything?