Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The inventory car they found for me was at a service center 1 hour away and the car at the point of deposit had 8 miles and I was ok with that. I requested for it to be transported to my local service center for delivery. I got the final MVPA docs to sign and the odometer is at 50 miles now so it seems like the car was driven quite a bit more and then transported or just driven from original service center to my local one. I'm not happy nor excited about this and considering canceling the purchase and placing a new one. What do you guys think?

• Informative
Reactions: jbrady3324
The inventory car they found for me was at a service center 1 hour away and the car at the point of deposit had 8 miles and I was ok with that. I requested for it to be transported to my local service center for delivery. I got the final MVPA docs to sign and the odometer is at 50 miles now so it seems like the car was driven quite a bit more and then transported or just driven from original service center to my local one. I'm not happy nor excited about this and considering canceling the purchase and placing a new one. What do you guys think?
Do you know if it has HW3?

Reactions: wcfree
Inspect the car, if it meets your standards besides the miles, take it. There is no engine break-in period. You could get a 3 mile car with bad paint.

Were you expecting them to flat bed the car between service centers? They don’t normally do that. So if the car was an hour away it doesn’t seem unreasonable to me that it may have 50 miles on it. But as others have stated, all paperwork shows 50 miles as standard protocol. You won’t know how many miles it actually has until you show up to inspect it. If it has more than 50 miles they need to adjust the paperwork to show the actual number. If under 50 miles they just leave it as 50 on the paperwork.

All MVPA will say 50 unless it’s already over. Mines said 50 and was delivered to me at 17.

Ask your SA for the exact mileage they can pull it up. On the day of delivery, you can also see it in your Tesla app.

They did not know and I don't know how to check. Mine is built 4/19 per sticker.

4/19 refers to April 2019, not April 19th. But I know they had no white cars in stock last week in Costa Mesa so I can’t imagine how it could have been built prior to April 12th. If you contact Tesla via chat and give them your VIN they can look it up and tell you which version you have, in case you are curious.

Ordered my White LR RWD in White/Black/18’/Autopilot on 5/13 and was hoping to see my date available and VIN. No luck yet but ny old car is going out the door today a it sold in 3 hours and I have been holding onto it for over a week hoping for a delivery date before Memorial Day....Fingers crossed I will see a VIN pop up soon as I figured this was an ash configuration to be building. Is there an option to go to the factory to pick up the vehicle and save the destination fee? Had not pondered the option, but driving back from No Cal could easily be done for $1125.

Ordered LR RWD 5/14 in MSM/Black interior/18"/AP. Delivery time reported as "within 2 weeks" but no VIN yet.

Would like to confirm AP3 hardware prior to delivery once VIN assigned - have searched forums without a clear answer - can someone provide some input on how to confirm AP3 hardware installed prior to delivery?

Go FFC, in response to above, my understanding is that even if you pick up from the factory, you will still have the same dest/doc fee.

Ordered LR RWD 5/14 in MSM/Black interior/18"/AP. Delivery time reported as "within 2 weeks" but no VIN yet.

Would like to confirm AP3 hardware prior to delivery once VIN assigned - have searched forums without a clear answer - can someone provide some input on how to confirm AP3 hardware installed prior to delivery?

Go FFC, in response to above, my understanding is that even if you pick up from the factory, you will still have the same dest/doc fee.

My exact same configuration, ordered 5/15 but no word yet. From what I have seen here, only people on west coast are getting faster VIN assignments (about 1 week), but I have not seen any recent example of how long is taking for LR WRD vin assignments on the east coast.