Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if they’re “upgrading” people to 19” wheels and if / when deliveries occur after June, this will be their way of making up for the federal tax credit difference. Sorry you missed the credit, but here are some upgraded wheels?

Just a thought.

Urgh, that is frighteningly plausible. What would they do for people like me who already sprung for the wheels? There isn't any other upgrades comparable in price for us.

Reactions: lax1mxb
LR RWD with just autopilot and no FSD. Blue ext./White Int.
I ordered around 5/28 and did a change to white interior on 5/29. No VIN.
I think the other user Joe and QQQ had white interior as well. Could it be this?

Edit: Tesla previously limited availibility of white interior to Japan I think due to smaller market and wanting to increase production effiency for those areas. This could be similar that they might be changing certain configurations with white interior to 19" wheels to reduce the amount of different configurations they need to make for the small batch of LR RWD

Last edited:
My order was on 5/22 LR RWD of course, Pearl White, premium interior, FSD.

Being in Southern California, I doubt I will hear anything until its built. What appears to be going on is that its a full on inventory search in the US and canada to match orders or match orders closely but not exactly.

Since there has been no new inventory in SoCal for a week or more, I think they either get around to building mine or not.

Ordered 6/4 in Los Angeles (LR RWD white ext/black int, no other upgrades). Just got a heads up that my car is unlikely to arrive by the end of the month. Bummer.

Have they given anyone a discount on AWD upgrades? If they knocked, I dunno, 2K off of the price I'd consider it. I go skiing/winter hiking often, so AWD actually has some value to me. I'm just cheap AF

Ordered 6/4 in Los Angeles (LR RWD white ext/black int, no other upgrades). Just got a heads up that my car is unlikely to arrive by the end of the month. Bummer.

Have they given anyone a discount on AWD upgrades? If they knocked, I dunno, 2K off of the price I'd consider it. I go skiing/winter hiking often, so AWD actually has some value to me. I'm just cheap AF

I agree. There are two AWD LR sitting nearby that I would take if they’d discount 2-3k off them.

Maybe I should ask.

• Disagree
Reactions: GGTK and lax1mxb
Okay. So Tesla called me about the 19" wheels. They said that they made more of that configuration than the 18" aero versions so they will do a free upgrade to 19" wheels and get my car before the end of the month didn't really do a solid guarantee but they mentioned that there was a very slim chance if I changed to 18" aero now that I would get it before the end of the month.

They said the discount will be reflected during the final paperwork.

• Informative
Reactions: jnnaka
Okay. So Tesla called me about the 19" wheels. They said that they made more of that configuration than the 18" aero versions so they will do a free upgrade to 19" wheels and get my car before the end of the month didn't really do a solid guarantee but they mentioned that there was a very slim chance if I changed to 18" aero now that I would get it before the end of the month.

Noting that you're in Georgia, it makes sense. All parts of the US not equal. They could get a car down to SoCal in a day, but if they are going to fill orders from farther away its pretty much now to put things in motion.

Reactions: lax1mxb
Noting that you're in Georgia, it makes sense. All parts of the US not equal. They could get a car down to SoCal in a day, but if they are going to fill orders from farther away its pretty much now to put things in motion.

Yea. That is a good point. I reached out to see if it was possible to apply that discount to an AWD version instead of 19" wheels. I might possibly take that jump and just go AWD. If not, I am probably going to stick with the free 19" wheel upgrade.

I would try to get that in writing and have them update your purchase agreement / order right now. Imagine getting to the store on delivery date and them feigning ignorance. From my experience so far with the sales team / Tesla in general, I would get EVERYTHING in writing and get as much stuff in order prior to delivery. It seems like the sales staff will say anything (i.e. your car will be delivered in 2 weeks) without actually following through.