Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up this morning with a VM from my sales advisor (original person i sat with when i ordered it from Tesla store). He's been out of town on vacation hence he hasn't been returning my calls. My original VM to him this past Monday, indicated that i was willing to upgrade to an AWD, if there's a price adjustment of up to $2K, since i'm going on vacation starting 6/18 for 9 days and i want the car before i leave. His response on the VM this morning was, "don't bother looking at the AWD. June 15 is the scheduled release of LR RWD batch from Fremont plant and someone should be calling you this weekend."

Again, everyone in this forum already know that we get different feedback from different Tesla folks. That VM definitely perked me up this morning, but of course, i have to be cautious as well.

My disclaimer: I already apologize in advance if this doesn't happen. I'm in the dark as all of you guys are too...

Woke up this morning with a VM from my sales advisor (original person i sat with when i ordered it from Tesla store). He's been out of town on vacation hence he hasn't been returning my calls. My original VM to him this past Monday, indicated that i was willing to upgrade to an AWD, if there's a price adjustment of up to $2K, since i'm going on vacation starting 6/18 for 9 days and i want the car before i leave. His response on the VM this morning was, "don't bother looking at the AWD. June 15 is the scheduled release of LR RWD batch from Fremont plant and someone should be calling you this weekend."

Again, everyone in this forum already know that we get different feedback from different Tesla folks. That VM definitely perked me up this morning, but of course, i have to be cautious as well.

My disclaimer: I already apologize in advance if this doesn't happen. I'm in the dark as all of you guys are too...
I got a automated text to submit my credit app yesterday. Emailed my Sales person and they said no news but go ahead and do the credit app “so that perhaps you are prioritized”. Would think ordering a car would prioritize one but whatever. Going to do the app today. It’s been over 3 weeks since I ordered and if they decide to make me one or make a deal on something else before months end then I guess I’ll be ready.

Thanks for the bit of seemingly good news. I think we all need it right now. I'm trying to be patient and positive and I'm really looking forward to owning this car!

Reactions: James88

That's bad ass news! What configuration did you get?

Looking forward to the weekend then :)

Reactions: darin_n

Let’s hope. That’s great news. More inclined to believe this one because of off duty, brash honesty it seems from this. Plus that lines up with other people have said so maybe we can at least hear things before Monday. I’m going to try to move my tentative delivery date to Sunday so hopefully everything works out!

Let’s hope. That’s great news. More inclined to believe this one because of off duty, brash honesty it seems from this. Plus that lines up with other people have said so maybe we can at least hear things before Monday. I’m going to try to move my tentative delivery date to Sunday so hopefully everything works out!

Yeah, was thinking of the same thing, for if he is in Sales, someone would think he will upsell me to an AWD so he gets bigger commision, but he said, don't bother.. maybe this is real guys!! (again, don't hate me if it doesn't. If it doesn't, i'll be thinking about this car during my vacation. adding stress on supposedly a relaxing vacation. sheesh!)

Reactions: lax1mxb
When you're in Tesla's position with crazy internal pressure on the one hand to max out on sales this quarter and crazy external pressure with thousands of custormers anxious about meeting the July 1 deadlline, I will tell you what, I wouldn't want to work there these next couple of weeks.

There has been alot of good info on this board, mixed in with the speculation, but one thing has remained unclear which is how long it takes to get a car from California, to, say Saesian in North Carolina.

I would imagine at least a week, I mean, they can't fly them there.

So now its about to be one situation for those of us on the West Coast, and a whole different ballgame for those on the east coast.

Incidentally, my law partner snagged one of the last LR RWD's out in California about three weeks ago. So I have been driving it off and on. No one will be dissapointed, I assure you. The self driving is farther along than the critics who throw rocks at Tesla and the short sellers say. And the big touch screen is frankly the easiest interface of any car I have ever had, because people forget how much time you spend with the owners manual figuring out which button does what on a regular car. Its really easy when there is a big icon of a fan, or of music, or whatever. To take just one example, the adjustment to personalize your seat position is far and away the most simple of any car, without question. And that's just one example of many.

Reactions: darin_n and lax1mxb
When you're in Tesla's position with crazy internal pressure on the one hand to max out on sales this quarter and crazy external pressure with thousands of custormers anxious about meeting the July 1 deadlline, I will tell you what, I wouldn't want to work there these next couple of weeks.

There has been alot of good info on this board, mixed in with the speculation, but one thing has remained unclear which is how long it takes to get a car from California, to, say Saesian in North Carolina.

I would imagine at least a week, I mean, they can't fly them there.

So now its about to be one situation for those of us on the West Coast, and a whole different ballgame for those on the east coast.

Incidentally, my law partner snagged one of the last LR RWD's out in California about three weeks ago. So I have been driving it off and on. No one will be dissapointed, I assure you. The self driving is farther along than the critics who throw rocks at Tesla and the short sellers say. And the big touch screen is frankly the easiest interface of any car I have ever had, because people forget how much time you spend with the owners manual figuring out which button does what on a regular car. Its really easy when there is a big icon of a fan, or of music, or whatever. To take just one example, the adjustment to personalize your seat position is far and away the most simple of any car, without question. And that's just one example of many.
Oh man what if in the future the cars will drive themselves to their owners from the factory

So my sales person just found a LR RWD with exactly my build but has 400 miles on it. Going Saturday to take a look, probably a demo car and who knows how old. Beyond any physical issues or paint, probably will take it. Can anyone think of a reason to not take it? They are offering a $1000 discount.

If there was nothing wrong with it and it was my configuration, I'd take it! Thousand bucks is a thousand bucks! Good luck!

So my sales person just found a LR RWD with exactly my build but has 400 miles on it. Going Saturday to take a look, probably a demo car and who knows how old. Beyond any physical issues or paint, probably will take it. Can anyone think of a reason to not take it? They are offering a $1000 discount.
Nice! Crazy because I have the same configuration and my adviser searched yesterday and didn't find anything. Always glad to hear someone getting theirs!

Nice! Crazy because I have the same configuration and my adviser searched yesterday and didn't find anything. Always glad to hear someone getting theirs![/QUOTEThey found it in a different Sales Store, I'm lucky to have 2 within 20 miles of me.
I would assume that if it was a demo car, then it would be in great shape. I'm in NJ and they found it at another Store that I have not been dealing with at all. Fingers crossed.

UPDATE: Raleigh, NC. Delivery pushed back again to 06/20. Car is apparently still in transit. Have had a VIN and vehicle match since 05/25 (Canadian inventory that was probably sent back to the US).

If my experience has proven anything...even if the cars are being built and they get loaded up on a truck today, they probably won’t get to the east coast by June 30.