Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We chickened out. On Friday of this week we found a LR RWD,with wheels and white interior, that we did not originally order, and decided to take it. We were afraid the M# we ordered would not arrive in Orlando, FL before the end of the month. On day we committed to the car in stock, there were about 16 cars available with 3 or 4 being LR RWD. Two days later there were only 4 cars left. VIN 345xxx. Hope to pick it up this week, but no delivery date set.

Reactions: Coderre
I received my delivery date (6/22/19) text this morning as well.
Per the request of my advisor, I ordered the AWD on 5/30/19 and the order was changed to LR RWD on 5/31/19. My advisor informed me today that Homelink is not included. I emailed him a copy of my email from Tesla dated 5/30/2019. Anyone ordered on 5/30/2019 or after received Homelink?

No vin on the website yet but I just got a call from my advisor and he said I've been matched to a car made this morning at 7:30am! They've put in a delivery request and the car should be in town tomorrow. So stoked!!! I got caught off guard since I thought I'd have at least a week to get my financing in order lol

Hang in there everyone...it sounds like they are in production around the clock to get these orders filled. This the same advisor who informed me of this batch earlier in the month so I'm trusting him with the information.

White/black/aero ordered 6/4

No vin on the website yet but I just got a call from my advisor and he said I've been matched to a car made this morning at 7:30am! They've put in a delivery request and the car should be in town tomorrow. So stoked!!! I got caught off guard since I thought I'd have at least a week to get my financing in order lol

Hang in there everyone...it sounds like they are in production around the clock to get these orders filled. This the same advisor who informed me of this batch earlier in the month so I'm trusting him with the information.

Congrats! Where are you located ?

Can you PM/provide the name and location of this advisor? He seemed more informed than others I spoke to.

I am curious the process as I'm seeing people who have ordered later then me get their VIN's for their car already. (Not that I'm not happy you're finally getting your car! That's super exciting!)

I've ordered mine on 5/18/2019 and I still don't have a VIN. Called the store and they said they had no update other then to wait 1-2 more weeks. And my advisor told me the same thing as well through e-mail.

I ordered a LR RWD with FSD Black Interior with Areo Wheels 18". I do live in Sacramento, CA.

Costa Mesa delivery center, still insisting just now that NO LR RWD are in production, all are older production and all come with HW 2.5. They are insisting my VIN to pickup will be the same as all the others, and be HW 2.5 for all others.

People with first "new production" non-FSD LR RWD, please post your build date off door sticker, and physical inspection confirms HW 3 is installed:
(make sure to go past credits at end, to see printout of what to look for)

FYI, the "birthday" of my car as reported by several Tesla advisors, is 5/23/19 (which would indicate a HW3 car). However, the actual "build date" per another advisor is 3/24/19, and he shows it as having APH3 (which is HW2.5).

So frikken confusing all this misinformation....

Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jnnaka
I am curious the process as I'm seeing people who have ordered later then me get their VIN's for their car already. (Not that I'm not happy you're finally getting your car! That's super exciting!)

I've ordered mine on 5/18/2019 and I still don't have a VIN. Called the store and they said they had no update other then to wait 1-2 more weeks. And my advisor told me the same thing as well through e-mail.

I ordered a LR RWD with FSD Black Interior with Areo Wheels 18". I do live in Sacramento, CA.

I'm in the SF bay area and ordered 5/22. I don't have a VIN yet either. My theory is that people who are close to the Fremont factory may get cars from the latter part of the production run as it won't take long to deliver them by the end of Q2.

Quick update. I ordered LR RWD Red 18 inch on 5/19. Saw the VIN yesterday afternoon. Today I got an automated message to schedule my delivery. I called up Fremont today to see if I can pick it up today and few hours later, I have my car :).

One important note - my car DID NOT come installed with homelink. The delivery advisor had no idea whether I am entitled to it or not. After some back and forth, they agreed to do a due bill for me.

same here..and being a reservation holder thought would put me a little more to the front (first world tesla problem)