Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, if they don’t make the RWD anymore then it’s kinda irrelevant.

I’m at a loss for these pricing and lineup changes, so I offer the following in jest... :p
783EDC82-F82F-47D5-89FB-C9BDB14D929B.jpeg

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I was able to place my order for a LR RWD

For anyone that got their order in last week... will Tesla honor those orders? or most likely cancel or try to have us upgrade to LR AWD? I know nobody really has the answer... but the anxiety until tomorrow when I can reach out to my advisor.

Used prices should drop accordingly as well. New owners just took a huge trade in/resale valuation hit.

Let's not forget that those owners got a $3750 tax credit that will likely be entirely gone by the time they sell their cars. I still see good prices on LR RWD cars- technically they still have the most range and can charge at the highest speed.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm about a month from placing an order. So either I'll go AWD or used RWD.

Man, I knew I should have stopped watching the prices after I got my car.. If I was to get a car today, I would in the end be paying $1k more after tax incentives but shave off a couple seconds with the 2nd motor. Oh well, love my car!

To all those that missed out on the LR RWD, sorry =( The LR AWD if you have a bit extra looks like a fantastic deal with the price update. If you were looking to get white hopefully they keep it as the multi-coat and it's an amazing price!

Last edited:
The base price is irrelevant. I was just told (at least on East coast) that you can no longer order LR RWD. I have my order in from two weeks ago, but now I don't know what to do and whether to wait for it or change to AWD and wait longer.
This is what happened to the MR, TESLA gave us wheels or paint waiver to upgrade to the LR. They may do the same for an upgrade to the AWD. I would wait for them to contact you.

Reactions: IronQQQ
why don't you cancel and reorder AWD? I'm a bit confused as the deal is now so good that AWD is the way to go. You get much better car.
Shame I can't stretch/justify the AWD for myself and need to settle for SR+

Partner and I hate white cars and that is a dealbreaker for default.. So have to opt for the extra $ for paint.
If there was one in stock somewhere, I'd get it today. Unfortunately my last model 3 has been totaled and the order was from a few weeks ago.
So all options are less than ideal. I can put in an order for awd and wait another 4-5 weeks and 3k, plus dealing with no car for that long.
Or I can get a car that is 3k less but isn't a great deal in 1-2 weeks..

Partner and I hate white cars and that is a dealbreaker for default.. So have to opt for the extra $ for paint.
If there was one in stock somewhere, I'd get it today. Unfortunately my last model 3 has been totaled and the order was from a few weeks ago.
So all options are less than ideal. I can put in an order for awd and wait another 4-5 weeks and 3k, plus dealing with no car for that long.

Are they really stating 4-5 week wait right now on new AWD?
There are some Inventory New AWD cars showing online (27 of them at last count) so in AWD most every color is available to buy for fast delivery.

I think you will regret it later. LR RWD really makes no sense now as it did 2 days ago. Its of course your call but the price difference is so minimal and the difference in car is massive. Think about it and see. I would go for AWD