Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they really stating 4-5 week wait right now on new AWD?
There are some Inventory New AWD cars showing online (27 of them at last count) so in AWD most every color is available to buy for fast delivery.

When I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, they said 2 week wait. Now they are saying that was only end of quarter and I missed it by a couple days. Now they said for new orders closer to a month.

All existing inventory in the area is Performance.

Its an extra $16000CAD (pre-tax) (11000 extra for AWD + 5000 federal incentive lost)
With taxes I think its about $19000CAD more which is about 30% extra.
I wish I could keep the federal as that would make me stretch it but this way its just way too much for what I'm getting.
Such a shame though :(
Difference is actually $66,000*1.13 - ($55000*1.13-$5000)=$17,430!!
Get the AWD!

CNET reported this morning that the LR RWD model has been formally cancelled. I haven’t found a second source yet to confirm this. Regardless, it makes little sense to pay $45,900 for a LR RWD when a LR AWD is $47,990. If you were previously ordering a white paint upgrade it’s now virtually the same price to get the AWD in white as it previously was to get the RWD in white.

Tesla discontinues Standard Range Model S and X, further tweaks Model 3 range

CNET reported this morning that the LR RWD model has been formally cancelled. I haven’t found a second source yet to confirm this. Regardless, it makes little sense to pay $45,900 for a LR RWD when a LR AWD is $47,990. If you were previously ordering a white paint upgrade it’s now virtually the same price to get the AWD in white as it previously was to get the RWD in white.

Tesla discontinues Standard Range Model S and X, further tweaks Model 3 range
Elektrek said Tesla confirmed RWD was officially discontinued. I’m thinking they will try to fulfill what they can with inventory and start offering possible incentives to those to soften the upgrade to AWD.

This thread will probably be sunsetting soon, too!

Upgrade to the LR AWD if you can. As for having owned the LR RWD for 3 weeks and over 2k miles on it from commuting, a 700 mile mile trip, and sprited driving in mountains and canyons, I'd say I could use a faster car. My coworker who is an avid S2000 owner and gear head, sat in my car today and said "your car is freaking fast." I told him, "I'm used to it already. I could use a faster one."

For those who didn't make the 6/30 tax date and had wanted white, your basically looking at $47400 old price vs $47990 new price a whopping difference of + $590 bucks. The incentive doesn't factor in at all since it's past it date (sorry.. that sucks for you guys).... But still... This is freaking awesome upgrade for $590 bucks post incentive apocalypse.

For my situation, since I had $47400-$3750 tax incentive = $43650 (white paint delivered) vs $47990 - 1875= $46115. Effective ~+$2500 price difference.. a bit more than I can stomach. This would raise my monthly payment by $40. Too much for me and I wouldn't be able to have those free comped 19s which I like so much.

Again from my experience, the LR RWD is fast but it could be faster. Good luck everybody!

Last edited:
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Man the confusion... So I got a email couple hours ago from the "Lead Tesla Adviser" and he was able to change my SR+ (due for delivery next Monday) to a LR RWD. The two people I spoke to were "owner adviser" and a "sales adviser" said they were 100% not make RWD anymore, but somehow my rerservation got changed. I don't know if this unicorn RWD will be delivered to me, but my reservation is now changed to it. If you want his information DM me.

They need to dump any existing LR RWDs now cause the LR AWD is a much better buy! Go for the LR AWD.

are there any inventory LR RWD left? looking at EV-CPO it is showing 0

Still holding out hope for you brother!

I feel like I'm back in your shoes...... Took delivery of my car on 6/18..... had an issue at a supercharger on 6/24 where my GPS would not update and rear camera went black. Took it to the local SC on 6/30 and they still have it........ :mad: Supposed to get it back before the weekend but we will see......