Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Auto wipers on when in Autopilot normal? [yes]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! My experience exactly. And yet the Tesla service people just tell me it’s because it’s in “Beta”. I mean, it was in Beta BEFORE you changed my windshield and I had comparatively few issues. Now it’s a mess. Frustrated as hell.
I hope you keep after them to fix it. Don't be afraid to contact the Bureau of Automotive Repair or your state's equivalent and file a complaint if they refuse to fix it.

Hi There!

MY 2021 US.
Software 2023.32.7

The last time I can't use Cruise Control during the evening and night, each time wipers work and I can't disable them in ACC . Even in dry weather wipers turns on and works incessantly.
The glass is clear. When I choose the camera preview from there service menu, everything looks good.
Does it make sense to disassemble the camera and clean it from the inside?

I'm desperate... please help.

It's probably not your camera lens, unless you've replaced the windshield.

Is it a single swipe of the wiper, or continued swiping? You should be able to turn it off, using the left turn stalk button.

All of us are hoping that Tesla software updates will improve AutoWipers...

I'm on 2023.7.30 and although not as continuous as you are experiencing Auto Wipers are wiping a lot too frequently in recent versions. I presume eventually they will fix this. The only thing I can recommend is to clean the windshield right over the camera. That seems to help. I also while moving sometimes use the windshield wiper fluid when it is doing a bad auto wipe. I've also taken to going around the entire car and cleaning the lenses of each camera (two near front wheels, two on the pillars between front/rear doors and backup camera) but I don't know if that does anything at all.

Since late last year (2022) one can't disable the horrible auto wiper functionality while in TACC or AutoSteer. Perhaps cleaning the windscreen in front of the cameras may help a little. I still get dry wiping, mostly in the evening, but usually just a swipe or two.

Yes it's awful.

Hi!
It's a continuos swiping. What you mean by that it's possible to turn it off? How i can disable auto wipers during ACC?
You cannot turn off the auto wipers when autopilot is engaged in any way. They painted themselves into a corner with Tesla Vision before it was ready for prime time. Since they disabled/removed radar and stopped putting USS in new cars the only way for the car to sense its surroundings is the camera. If it senses that the forward camera is obscured it must be able to activate the wipers immediately instead of waiting for you to do it, otherwise the car is driving blind and wouldn't be able to avoid obstacles.

You cannot turn off the auto wipers when autopilot is engaged in any way. They painted themselves into a corner with Tesla Vision before it was ready for prime time. Since they disabled/removed radar and stopped putting USS in new cars the only way for the car to sense its surroundings is the camera. If it senses that the forward camera is obscured it must be able to activate the wipers immediately instead of waiting for you to do it, otherwise the car is driving blind and wouldn't be able to avoid obstacles.
Check again. The holiday update gave the ability to switch the wipers off while autopilot is engaged back to the driver.