Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a bit more info. My sales adviser promised that the car is not software limited to 145 and that it is physically different than AWD (at least past ones). It will need sport wheels (tesla or otherwise) to actually reach past 145, but it has the same top speed.

I would make a bet that the only difference between a AWD and a AWD P- is a software switch. Do you really think a sales advisor is that knowledgeable about the vehicle? They are glorified Apple store cashiers.

• Funny
Reactions: raptor5244
My Friend and fellow club member here just ordered one.
Will have it in 2-3 days. All they are doing is uncorking a LR awd and charging $2000 bucks for it.
What a killer deal. Good way to clear inventory and give people a great deal.

Confirmed there is already a car on a truck to his delivery location which is why he is going to get it in 3-4 days. Currently spec'd as a LR Awd.
He was told they are simply going to flip the switch when it get there in a P3D- and put a badge on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott7
So a bit more info. My sales adviser promised that the car is not software limited to 145 and that it is physically different than AWD (at least past ones). It will need sport wheels (tesla or otherwise) to actually reach past 145, but it has the same top speed.

Yeah by the time you get to the last sentence it's pretty clear your SA has no idea WTF he's talking about

• Funny
Reactions: raptor5244
I find it hard to believe there are 0 traction limitations. Not every road is pristine. There isn't any 0-60 benefit from the summer tires on the 20" wheels?

Traction control will kick in if the road is wet/snow and will obviously be slower as a result but the system will prevent spinning the tires. On the dry pavement I thought we would get a performance improvement for 0-60 launches but evidently the AWD, lack of low end gearing and state of the art traction control system that can adjust torque in milliseconds makes for a situation where they can get much more performance out of a Primacy ECO tire and you don't spin. In fact, folks are getting better times on lighter weight wheel setups. Now start throwing the car into turns and doing some hard braking and yes the performance tires will begin to show their value.

This is a matter of preference but the larger wheels and low profile tires make the car look much better. I just wish they were a little wider, like 255 or 265 wide.

Reactions: VikH