Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made in China Model 3: Build Quality / Hardware Differences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Q3 doesn’t have two reverse lights! 😭
DD02DD97-0C65-42C4-915C-A4A00A266A2C.jpeg

The brake lights have changed as well.

I don't think they are simply exchangeable with the previous taillights, the wiring harness is likely different. There are some 3rd party replacement taillights that are similar, they needed a wiring modification to install.

Also before I spam this post anymore. If mine doesn’t have 2 reverse lights I might have to buy the eagle eye tail light kit 😉
I am a bit gutted I haven’t hot the new lights, but this is the thing buying a Tesla, whenever you buy there’ll always be something new just around the corner!

Nowhere near as gutted as I would have been if some 71 plates had the new larger battery pack that they’re already getting in Europe!

Reactions: couplands
First I’d heard of new rear lights as well. Unfortunately (?) Tesla are always innovating, so there’s always going to be things like this happening.

I'm not sure that I would use the inclusion of two reversing lights as an example of Tesla always innovating. Whilst there are plenty of examples of Tesla innovating, I've had cars dating back to early 70's (and earlier models from 60's had them too) with 2 reversing lights so not really sure that this one is an example of innovation ;)

But yes, Tesla are constantly tweaking the spec of their vehicles (for better or worse) so the whole idea of model year/refresh cars is much looser than other car manufacturers as these changes can occur at any point without notice.

Reactions: Durzel
So is there confirmation of the newer models having two reversing lights? And if so, are they effective? The single reversing light on my M3 is pretty useless as it doesn’t light up anything. It’ll still be useful to indicate to those behind me that I’m reversing, but it certainly doesn’t help light up where I’m going. Fortunately, the reversing camera night vision is actually pretty good!