Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@EVNow I think that might have been me, last night. For less than $6, and you can add or remove it at will, how can you go wrong (unless, perhaps, if you get into an accident)...

View attachment 722241

For less than $6, plus shipping, I went with this magnet. Once received, I can decide how much, or not, to use it.

self driving car.JPG

Reactions: impastu and Phlier
The magnet thing will get sand behind it and start sanding the paint off your car.
Clean/wipe before application, use paper towel in between, if overly concerned
Just another way to screw us early Model S owners, how am I supposed to use magnets on my aluminum car! ;)
Yes, Model S is aluminum, but MY and others are steel (I checked first). I plan to try mine out on the rear hatch glass. Worst case, using a bit of Track tape.

Reactions: qdeathstar
BTW, does anyone know whether Tesla took a new snapshot of safety scores or used the one from last week for the Yorker Beta rollout yesterday ?

If they took a new snapshot - that’s probably what they will do for 99 scorers next week.
Looks like there are a few 3, Y owners who got in on 15th, instead of 11th. Wonder why ...

@McMoo , @Ruffles , @Performante , @mlatman

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Looks like there are a few 3, Y owners who got in on 15th, instead of 11th. Wonder why ...

@McMoo , @Ruffles , @Performante , @mlatman
@EVNow Perhaps they were 100 scores that were passed over initially, based on when the snapshot was taken? Perhaps these people got to 100 after the 2:30pm Friday snapshot, but before midnight that same day? We will only know if we hear more from these peeps!

Last edited:
@EVNow Perhaps they were 100 scores that were passed over initially, based on when the snapshot was taken? Perhaps these people got to 100 after the 2:30pm Friday snapshot, but before midnight that same day? We will only know if we hear more from these perps!
In my case, I had a score of 100 by the first snapshot but didn’t have the 100 mile minimum until the next day after they explicitly stated that.

PS I think you mean “peeps”, not “perps” :oops:

@EVNow What's a "Yorker," is that a derogatory term for "yoker"? 🤣
Either autocorrect or I’m watching too much cricket.

In cricket, a yorker is a ball bowled (a delivery) which hits the cricket pitch around the batsman's feet. When a batsman assumes a normal stance, this generally means that the cricket ball bounces on the cricket pitch on or near the batsman's popping crease.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier and jebinc
Okay peeps, you asked for it (well, you really didn’t, but you will get it anyway)!

Being inspired by @qdeathstar videos from last night, I decided to make my first ever set - featuring “Mr. Yoke”. Overall, not to shabby for an early beta release. I was expecting something more like the cheap parlor trick, aka Smart Summon, when it was first released.

So, we have dark rural roads, busy urban roads, with traffic and people potentially in the line of danger, roundabouts, herky-jerky yokes, purple lit trees (end of second shorter vid) and a shout out to an inspirational member! Comments?

@qdeathstar @EVNow @MarcG @WilliamG @Ryan27 @Lowchrg @Phlier @spokey @lbowroom
@Ramphex

Great videos!

Hey, just an observation... at 6:51 in the top video, when FSD disengages, I notice that all of your visuals disappeared, too. Is that normal to have the visualizations disappear when FSD isn't driving? Visualizations are always on in the Model 3, regardless if FSD is driving the car or not.

Also, I noticed that they updated the text for you yokers, "Apply Slight Pressure to Yoke."

Only certain routers would easily give you a data usage report for any connected device.

So far I found 1:

here's an idea. Get a cheap maybe used router. Plug it in to an ethernet port of your existing router (or use WISP if supported) and create a separate wifi connection for the car. Then all traffic coming via the new router is monitored. You probably want to play with channels in case of interference. This assume the new router can give you at least a total throughput number.

If you put a 'want' on one of the free exchanges like freecycle.org you stand a good chance of getting some older one for free.

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
Great videos!

Hey, just an observation... at 6:51 in the top video, when FSD disengages, I notice that all of your visuals disappeared, too. Is that normal to have the visualizations disappear when FSD isn't driving? Visualizations are always on in the Model 3, regardless if FSD is driving the car or not.

Also, I noticed that they updated the text for you yokers, "Apply Slight Pressure to Yoke."
@Phlier I'm not sure, re the visualizations. I now when I'm not on FSD at all, I have them when I'm just driving around, manually. Will need to pay more attention to the screen, as I was more focused on the road and the choke collar camera mount I was wearing at the time! 🤣

Would love to see more people here post some yoke or other videos of their experience, in various Tesla Models.

I personally wouldn't use any "FSD driver" bumper stickers or plates. I don't want people around me to change their habits lol
Definitely wouldn't want anything semi-permanent, like a plate frame! But, for those times when I want to go out specifically to train the NN in broad daylight, with lots of traffic, I might want to slap the sign on for a bit; just like you would if one took their teen out for a short learner's permit drive....