Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I've believe gone through all the superstitious rituals that I think will get me FSD beta overnight:
  • Score showing 100 in the app? Check.
  • 1467 miles driven updated in OP's S/S? Check.
  • Exact score of 99.50511247% updated in S/S? Check.
  • Shiny wheels installed & torqued at 129 ft-lbs? Check.
  • Shiny tires installed & pressurized at 42 psi cold? Check.
  • New shiny Plaid badge installed? Check.
  • Car washed inside and out? Check.
  • Car sitting in cozy garage? Check.
  • Car connected to WiFi? Check.
Ok Elon, I'm ready now - please don't make me wait a day longer 😁

IMG_0779.jpeg

Not sure if this is the right thread, but just wanted to post my experience.

Prior to this weekend we had a score of 94. We live in Seattle and decided to take a trip to Canada (Vancouver) for the weekend. Once we crosssed the border into Canada, the safety score feature in my phone app completely disappeared. This makes sense given this beta program is only being offered to US-based cars.

When we came back into the US the car’s screen offered the “button” again as if we had never pushed it before. It appears all the data from our 94 score was lost and we are starting over with a new score.

This may be beneficial for us since our previous score of 94 pretty much made it prohibitive to get back to 100. Now thanks to this quirk it looks like we’ll be given a second chance to start over. Could be a warning however that if anyone crosses an international border their status will likely get reset, good or bad.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but just wanted to post my experience.

Prior to this weekend we had a score of 94. We live in Seattle and decided to take a trip to Canada (Vancouver) for the weekend. Once we crosssed the border into Canada, the safety score feature in my phone app completely disappeared. This makes sense given this beta program is only being offered to US-based cars.

When we came back into the US the car’s screen offered the “button” again as if we had never pushed it before. It appears all the data from our 94 score was lost and we are starting over with a new score.

This may be beneficial for us since our previous score of 94 pretty much made it prohibitive to get back to 100. Now thanks to this quirk it looks like we’ll be given a second chance to start over. Could be a warning however that if anyone crosses an international border their status will likely get reset, good or bad.
Interesting, so moral of the story is hop the border to Mexico or Canada if you need a fresh start?

Shiny wheels installed & torqued at 129 ft-lbs? Check.
I was thinking about swapping out my RE-71Rs on 18-inch cheap wheels and putting back on my OEM 20” (since I just had the foam removed from one of them so it would balance again (it was loose and flopping around - took me a few months to get around to having it addressed)).

Then I realized that would be insanity with all the curbs FSD is probably going to hit.

• Funny
Reactions: Phlier