Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like 10.7 is starting to roll out, probably these are just employees. Great news, looks like we're moving up to the 2021.40 build! I REALLY wanted waypoints. :) 2021.40.7 has rolled out to 18 Teslas on TeslaScope, most of which were on FSD Beta 10.5 previously. Given that it's a small roll out to cars on 10.5, I think it's likely this is Beta 10.7
It sounds like nothing until Tuesday when 10.8 comes out:

For those who haven't seen this - here is a great thread listing various production and FSD Beta releases and main features.

Got to test on about 1-2" snow this evening. Car has no awareness that there's snow on the ground in terms of reducing speed for downhills and turns. It just treats the roads as unmarked, and in that regard, it does a bit worse than a clear unmarked road. More steering wheel jitter, likely due to all the tire tracks in the snow. Not sure if it's worth testing during snow, since there's so much improvement needed when there isn't snow :)

Got to test on about 1-2" snow this evening. Car has no awareness that there's snow on the ground in terms of reducing speed for downhills and turns. It just treats the roads as unmarked, and in that regard, it does a bit worse than a clear unmarked road. More steering wheel jitter, likely due to all the tire tracks in the snow. Not sure if it's worth testing during snow, since there's so much improvement needed when there isn't snow :)
I have the same question. Is it worth it to test FSD in the snow? Today I found I dialed down the speed constantly to avoid sliding and the potential to spin out of control so it was just easier to drive myself. I cannot imagine relying on FSD during significant snow storms or during an ice/freezing rain event. I think back to some of the incredibly bad storms I've driven in over the past few decades when getting to work was required or you didn't get paid and wouldn't ever expect FSD to handle those edge cases. I can guarantee if I had to rely on FSD no matter how good it drove I wouldn't have my destination on many occasions. Just stay home if possible or drive yourself.

Reactions: nvx1977
OK, I have had this message come up twice so I do know that the interior camera is definitely watching for attentiveness. I got one warning because I was trying to get a snapshot and kept missing the button. Apparently, I was looking at the screen too long and got the warning. Totally appropriate. But still no voice activated snapshot which I am still going to comment on until I get one.
OK, I did a little more testing on looking at the screen. If you move your head several inches to right and kind of lean in toward the screen, you can still move just your eyes to see the road. But, after 10 seconds, you will get an alert to watch the road. I would only try this on a straight road with little traffic just to be safe.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Awesome! Looks like Tesla is starting to allow fsd beta to squeeze into right turns with 10.7.

PNG image.png

The release notes do seem to be generally sorted by importance, and if the "photon-to-control" is getting at the overall latency response time from camera seeing something to changing driving behavior, 20% improvement seems pretty significant as that could suggest instead of taking say 40ms (25fps) to process a "frame of photons," it could be 32ms (31fps) instead? Although they didn't report it as frames-per-second improvement, so anyone know what distinction they're making?

Looks like the official name is "trajectory line" for the now solid blue line (that fades when waiting). I wonder if this means the predicted path will be more stable now as there's more formal trajectory modeling perhaps similar to what was shown at AI Day vs the previous behavior that seemed to be more directly from neural network predictions that could be very jumpy when uncertain.