Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well 11.3.2 has hardly dropped at all with only ~ 600 (TeslaFi) so far and has been basically stalled for 3 days now.

What's the consensus on the next drop or complete rollout? Week, two weeks?
Teslascope is still taking the position that 11.3.2 will continue to rollout because no employees have received any builds past that such as 11.3.3
No one really knows but Elon and Tesla, and neither are saying anything.

Teslascope is still taking the position that 11.3.2 will continue to rollout because no employees have received any builds past that such as 11.3.3
No one really knows but Elon and Tesla, and neither are saying anything.

Good to know. But it’s basically been 500-600 for days now between installed and pending so no extra cars have been added lately.

Reactions: Acisplat
First outing with 11.3 (2022.45.11) today. A few observations, by no means extensive, some of them documented in the release notes.
  • It slows down reasonably now when the speed limit drops instead of rolling on inappropriately fast as it did. Yay!
  • The yellow line visualization is more of a dirty yellow than the bright one it was.
  • The red lines for the edge of the roadway are gone.
  • The blue line indicating your path is now really fat.
  • I still had to take over several times when it did dumb or scary things, like edging in towards approaching traffic. Who knows what the other driver thinks?
  • Approaching a right turn where several cars were lined up waiting their turns, our car tried to pass them all on the left. Very rude.
  • Now that FSD instead of old AP is in charge on the freeway, the blue button to turn Navigate on Autopilot on and off is gone. This concerns me. In crazy traffic on a 3- or 4-lane freeway, I often turn it off since I don't want the car lane hunting, whereas in open freeway traffic I'm happy to let it change lanes. Maybe there's some new way to turn this on and off that I haven't found yet.
  • Still some random lane change indications that come and go all by themselves, like it's vacillating.
  • When you do take over, it asks for a voice report of why.
  • Still some "Changing lanes to follow route" when no such change is in fact necessary.
  • I had the sense (unconfirmed) that the frame rate of the repeater cameras when signaling and the rear camera were much improved. It didn't feel jerky as it used to.
  • My car is still filthy. I thought V11 had an auto-clean feature.
Thanks for that. Sounds like you really got the dirt on 11.3.2..........

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I plan to intermittently subscribe to FSD (and request beta at the moment I first subscribe). The car is currently on a non-FSD branch and I am waiting for beta to catch up so I can subscribe.

Question: Once I subscribe to FSD, get beta, and if I allow the subscription to lapse, will the next update be back to the non-FSD beta branch? Or, is there a certain period of time where the FSD branch will continue to update (with FSD features disabled, of course)? If that is the case, it would be nice to know the period, and I could just subscribe, say, every few months to stay on the beta branch.

Thanks.

Question: Once I subscribe to FSD, get beta, and if I allow the subscription to lapse, will the next update be back to the non-FSD beta branch? Or, is there a certain period of time where the FSD branch will continue to update (with FSD features disabled, of course)? If that is the case, it would be nice to know the period, and I could just subscribe, say, every few months to stay on the beta branch.
You will likely stay on the Beta version for a short (random) period of time, perhaps a month or two, but all FSD features will be disabled. Then at some point you will get a non-Beta version update.

Reactions: snovvman
Well 11.3.2 has hardly dropped at all with only ~ 600 (TeslaFi) so far and has been basically stalled for 3 days now.

What's the consensus on the next drop or complete rollout? Week, two weeks?
I know, it’s so frustrating! We’re on a road trip & we’re excited to try out V11, especially on the highway, but our car was not selected for the roll out so far…

You will likely stay on the Beta version for a short (random) period of time, perhaps a month or two, but all FSD features will be disabled. Then at some point you will get a non-Beta version update.

Thanks. Once, the next update arrives after a random time and it is not the FSD BETA branch, what if I defer the update and subscribe to FSD again (enable BETA again if needed), will this cause the update process to push the FSD BETA branch instead?

Few were.... the "wide" rollout was around 500 cars of 400,000 - many shills, influencers and YT'ers.... And a few regular people so they can say it went wide... TGC, "Strikes again!"
Defiantly a LOT more than 500 since TeslaFi has more than 500 listed and this is only a small percentage of people. Probably well north of 5000 going by that. I suspect we will get an uptick tomorrow. This is the BIGEST (First whole Version) Beta update ever. Tesla just wants to watch a lot more cars and insure there is no "10.3" problems for a few days before proceeding.🤣🤣🤣

I know we are all inpatient, me included BUT V11 is only a 14 months behind Elon original date. 🤔 That is a lot better than his Robotaxies dates.

I'm betting doughnuts to dollars that most of us have it in less than "2 weeks or so". 🙃

Last edited:
Defiantly a LOT more than 500 since TeslaFi has more than 500 listed and this is only a small percentage of people. Probably well north of 5000 going by that. I suspect we will get an uptick tomorrow. This is the BIGEST (First whole Version) Beta update ever. Tesla just wants to watch a lot more cars and insure there is no "10.3" problems for a few days before proceeding.🤣🤣🤣

I know we are all inpatient, me included BUT V11 is only a 14 months behind Elon original date. 🤔 That is a lot better than his Robotaxies dates.

I'm betting doughnuts to dollars that most of us have it in less than "2 weeks or so". 🙃
On a branch nearly six months old. It’s not like we want the new features or improvements also, right?! 🤣

I'm betting doughnuts to dollars that most of us have it in less than "2 weeks or so".
Yeah, I agree with this (actual two weeks). I mean I’d love to be right about my prediction of a couple months, but I think it is quite likely l will be wrong. Need to go about 5-6 weeks more for that.

And as expected, Elon’s Tweet about five days prior to release was accurate. I think his track record on extremely short timeframes (where decisions have already been made) is probably not that bad.

Seems going according to the short-term plan and most likely we’ll see another “point point” release or two (and maybe merge to 2023) before final expansion.

I thought they would try to fix up more stuff but that general thought has tripped me up in the past too!