Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I agree with this (actual two weeks). I mean I’d love to be right about my prediction of a couple months, but I think it is quite likely l will be wrong. Need to go about 5-6 weeks more for that.

And as expected, Elon’s Tweet about five days prior to release was accurate. I think his track record on extremely short timeframes (where decisions have already been made) is probably not that bad.

Seems going according to the short-term plan and most likely we’ll see another “point point” release or two (and maybe merge to 2023) before final expansion.

I thought they would try to fix up more stuff but that general thought has tripped me up in the past too!
See

There's talk/videos of software crashes and MCUs resetting, losing visualizations for several seconds on some vehicles. I don't mind the pause to investigate potential issues and update to a .3 or .4 before continuing the rollout.

I know I get flack for it every time, but I encourage everyone to wash and thoroughly dry their cars, then recalibrate their cameras, set back up their settings (which are reset after a calibration), and then reboot their cars after a major update. This is especially important for those that have major regressions after the update. Don't be afraid to have service reinstall the firmware either if you have very poor performance after the update.

Looking forward to the new version!

On a branch nearly six months old. It’s not like we want the new features or improvements also, right?! 🤣
You mean like the NHTSA can't windows up unless you are in sight recall? o_O 🤣

I suspect that after 11.3.x we will see a 11.4.x pretty soon bringing the container firmware more up to date. Since that is the only way new people can get it.

I plan to intermittently subscribe to FSD (and request beta at the moment I first subscribe). The car is currently on a non-FSD branch and I am waiting for beta to catch up so I can subscribe.

Question: Once I subscribe to FSD, get beta, and if I allow the subscription to lapse, will the next update be back to the non-FSD beta branch? Or, is there a certain period of time where the FSD branch will continue to update (with FSD features disabled, of course)? If that is the case, it would be nice to know the period, and I could just subscribe, say, every few months to stay on the beta branch.

Thanks.
I subscribed in early March and have not received any beta updates. With the FSD subscription, the current non-beta software only adds stopping at traffic lignts. The FSD Beta button is greyed out and it says it will be enabled on the next load. However, since there hasn't been a wide FSD beta release recently, I'm not optimistic anything will change. It's kinda a chicken and egg situation. I don't have FSD beta enabled in my car, so I won't receive any FSD beta updates. But if I don't receive FSD beta sw, the FSD Beta button may not get enabled!

In the past, when the subscription lapsed, FSD beta stayed active for a few weeks before reverting. This was during the days of safety score for FSD beta.

Reactions: snovvman
Maybe, but not “wide,” by anyone’s definition of the word, “wide,” except perhaps TGC’s secret definition that he keeps to himself!
He never said anything about it being wide! Literally zero reference to that state of being (he said it would start to go wide, which is not even close to the same).

He says a lot of things that are lies, so no need to lump in the statements that were clearly exactly on the money (so far).

I subscribed in early March and have not received any beta updates. With the FSD subscription, the current non-beta software only adds stopping at traffic lignts. The FSD Beta button is greyed out and it says it will be enabled on the next load.
That’s because of the NHTSA FSD Beta recall. Tesla has stopped sending FSD Beta to any new customers. The upcoming v11 is supposed to address all recall requirements, so hopefully it will start going out to new customers too.

That’s because of the NHTSA FSD Beta recall. Tesla has stopped sending FSD Beta to any new customers. The upcoming v11 is supposed to address all recall requirements, so hopefully it will start going out to new customers too.
Not if it’s on a five month old 2022 branch and you have accepted a more current firmware sometime over the last five months. No roll backs. 💥

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Still some bugs for me but plenty to be impressed about. Still has awkward lane choices. Also just tried to hop on the interstate with a very simple right turn lane to get on the ramp. It waited until last second to get in that on ramp lane and hesitated multiple times with awkward braking and on/off turn signals. That should have been extremely simple lol. Also still doing things like making a right turn on a 3+ lane street and navigation knows you need to be in the far left lane to make a left turn in a short distance. Instead of immediately and easily getting in that left lane it makes the right turn and stays in the right most lane then awkwardly tries to get over multiple lanes way too late.

Still some bugs for me but plenty to be impressed about. Still has awkward lane choices. Also just tried to hop on the interstate with a very simple right turn lane to get on the ramp. It waited until last second to get in that on ramp lane and hesitated multiple times with awkward braking and on/off turn signals. That should have been extremely simple lol. Also still doing things like making a right turn on a 3+ lane street and navigation knows you need to be in the far left lane to make a left turn in a short distance. Instead of immediately and easily getting in that left lane it makes the right turn and stays in the right most lane then awkwardly tries to get over multiple lanes way too late.
Does it still swing too wide when making right turns; scaring oncoming drivers?