Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reboot what? Just the screen (using the two-button-hold) or the entire car (by going in the menu system and shutting down the car, etc)?

It has just dawned on me... those that may win the FSD Beta lottery, may not be the winners, after all - but rather the losers... Why?

It seems like those currently with FSD, running the beta button request firmware (2021.32.22) are not receiving other feature improvements/additions like the improved yoke functions and cold weather efficiency improvements, that come with 2021.36.x - or any others that may come to the fleet down the road, until Tesla merges FSD beta and fleet firmware branches.

I have yet to find a refreshed MS owner (LR or Plaid) with FSD, running 2021.32.22 (and who pressed the button) that has received 2021.36.x, for instance. So, once we win the Lotto, and download the FSD beta firmware, I suspect this condition will only get worse, as the current beta is running on the 2021.24.x branch, currently.....

If this is the case, I may just bail (even though I have a 100 score and over 830 miles logged), as I'd prefer these other improvements (2021.36.x+) over; 1) being monitored, 2) driving like a granny, and 3) getting half-baked alpha FSD software next week and no other improvements for the foreseeable future. YMMV....

@2021plaid @Phlier @WilliamG @diplomat33

It has just dawned on me... those that may win the FSD Beta lottery, may not be the winners, after all - but rather the losers... Why?

It seems like those currently with FSD, running the beta button request firmware (2021.32.22) are not receiving other feature improvements/additions like the improved yoke functions and cold weather efficiency improvements, that come with 2021.36.x - or any others that my come to the fleet down the road, until them merge FSD beta and fleet firmware branches.

I have yet to find a refreshed MS owner (LR or Plaid) with FSD, running 2021.32.22 (and who pressed the button) that has received 2021.36.x, for instance. So, once we win the Lotto, and download the FSD beta firmware, I suspect this condition will only get worse, as the current beta is running on the 2021.24.x branch, currently.....

If this is the case, I may just bail (even though I have a 100 score and over 830 miles logged), as I'd prefer these other improvements (2021.36.x+) over; 1) being monitored, 2) driving like a granny, and 3) getting half-baked alpha FSD software next week and no other improvements for the foreseeable future. YMMV....

This has been true for the current FSD Beta testers. They are on a separate software branch where they get the latest FSD Beta build early but don't get the other features until later. So it will be true for future FSD Beta testers. So yes, it depends how much you want to experience and test the latest FSD Beta software early. If that matters to you, get the button and try to get in to FSD beta. If not, then it might be better to pass on the button. You will still get FSD Beta later when it is more mature and is released wide. Personally, I like testing the cutting edge so I want FSD beta.

So it will be true for future FSD Beta testers.
It seems like those currently with FSD, running the beta button request firmware (2021.32.22) are not receiving other feature improvements/additions like the improved yoke functions and cold weather efficiency improvements, that come with 2021.36.x - or any others that may come to the fleet down the road, until Tesla merges FSD beta and fleet firmware branches.

Well - if the fsd beta group becomes large enough - then they may add the features in both branches. Retrofitting code changes to other branches isn't uncommon.

Well - if the fsd beta group becomes large enough - then they may add the features in both branches. Retrofitting code changes to other branches isn't uncommon.
Hmmmm, cold weather improvements, or……experience my car trying to drive itself.

(Checks with 10 year old self who grew up watching Knight Rider) - I’ll take the beta!

Oh they will, over time, but getting new features will be delayed every time - worse than not having your software setting on "Advanced"! Is getting this beta load worth it over the other items? What happens when the world gets v11 and beta testers are stuck on v10.2? Since I have a refreshed MS Plaid, I really need the improved yoke safety features.

Reactions: Phlier and impastu
Oh they will, over time, but getting new features will be delayed every time - worse than not having your software setting on "Advanced"! Is getting this beta load worth it over the other items? What happens when the world gets v11 and beta testers are stuck on v10.2? Since I have a refreshed MS Plaid, I really need the improved yoke safety features.
Can't think of any normal feature that I might use over fsd beta ...

Reactions: impastu

I’m still on 2021.32.5. I’ve been pestered to updated to 2021.32.22 (The Button update) but haven’t yet - for the last few weeks. Interestingly in my app at least (not home) the update is now missing as of today, and there is no update available to my car. Not sure if that means anything…

1. When did you "push the button," to start your safety score rating?
I pushed the button as soon as he came out, I guess around 1pm PST that day

2. How many miles have you driven since "pushing 'da button"?
36 miles

3. What is your safety score?

4. Did you receive the beta software? If so, when?
I'm on 2021.32.22... the beta build isn't out yet... right?

5. Location
Burbank, CA

• Informative
Well, we have a new low mileage winner ;)

😥 I don't really drive my car very much. I work from home as a software engineer because of COVID. I'm actually trying to make an effort to drive more to increase my milage right now, so the 36 miles I drove is me trying!

I wonder if low milage will hurt me or help me. On the one hand, Tesla might weight my 100% score less due to my low milage. On the other hand, driving too many miles might be bad in Tesla's eyes, because more miles means more opportunity for crashes and things to go wrong when all eyes are on them as they roll the FSD beta out to folks.

😥 I don't really drive my car very much. I work from home as a software engineer because of COVID. I'm actually trying to make an effort to drive more to increase my milage right now!

I wonder if low milage will hurt me or help me. On the one hand, Tesla might weight my 100% score less due to my low milage. On the other hand, driving too many miles might be bad in Tesla's eyes, because more miles means more opportunity for crashes and things to go wrong when all eyes are on them as they roll the FSD beta out to folks.
Same here - I've been driving extra, trying to do about 10 miles a day.

ps : BTW, there is a link in the first post to a spreadsheet where you can enter your numbers and also see others.

possible to bail?

Hopefully it is easy to adjust this thread’s title when Oct 8 passes with no FSD beta sightings. But just in case I have stopped driving my 3 after finally getting it up to 100. My S is barely a 98 with 100 a pipe dream — and I blame the inferior regenerative braking relative to my 3.

Hopefully it is easy to adjust this thread’s title when Oct 8 passes with no FSD beta sightings. But just in case I have stopped driving my 3 after finally getting it up to 100. My S is barely a 98 with 100 a pipe dream — and I blame the inferior regenerative braking relative to my 3.
Yes, @EVNow and I made this a wiki thread. We both can edit the main post.