Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmm, cold weather improvements, or……experience my car trying to drive itself.

(Checks with 10 year old self who grew up watching Knight Rider) - I’ll take the beta!
Well, if you had a Plaid, or refreshed MS LR, you would need the yoke improvements found in 2021.36.x, as what was released initially was/is trash. I’m taking about the yoke buttons, aka stalk replacements.

Reactions: impastu and dckiwi
It seems that there are about 1000 people with perfect scores:

Currently sporting a 100 score, with over 800 miles logged, but I have a 160 mile trip that I have to make tomorrow.... hoping my score doesn't get blown as a result of other driver's actions.... I guess all we can do is hope for the best! 😵‍💫
100 score.png

It has just dawned on me... those that may win the FSD Beta lottery, may not be the winners, after all - but rather the losers... Why?

It seems like those currently with FSD, running the beta button request firmware (2021.32.22) are not receiving other feature improvements/additions like the improved yoke functions and cold weather efficiency improvements, that come with 2021.36.x - or any others that may come to the fleet down the road, until Tesla merges FSD beta and fleet firmware branches.

I have yet to find a refreshed MS owner (LR or Plaid) with FSD, running 2021.32.22 (and who pressed the button) that has received 2021.36.x, for instance. So, once we win the Lotto, and download the FSD beta firmware, I suspect this condition will only get worse, as the current beta is running on the 2021.24.x branch, currently.....

If this is the case, I may just bail (even though I have a 100 score and over 830 miles logged), as I'd prefer these other improvements (2021.36.x+) over; 1) being monitored, 2) driving like a granny, and 3) getting half-baked alpha FSD software next week and no other improvements for the foreseeable future. YMMV....

@2021plaid @Phlier @WilliamG @diplomat33
Looks like we have confirmation that those of us yokers who have FSD, will have to wait for these improvements as suspected. Thanks, @omarsultan !

green.JPG

Reactions: impastu
Those of you with scores of 100, turn your wifi on on Oct 8. The rest of us will have to wait a bit longer for the elusive FSD Beta. Kinda bummed that my score is 97. Just a couple bad "follow times" destroyed my score of 100.

Soooo, if someone is sitting at a score of 100 right now, would it be good advice to just park your Tesla (if possible) for today & tomorrow to not take a chance of getting a lower score?

Soooo, if someone is sitting at a score of 100 right now, would it be good advice to just park your Tesla (if possible) for today & tomorrow to not take a chance of getting a lower score?

No one can say FOR SURE what the right thing to do is, but that's what I would do. I have a 100 currently, and have one 15 mile trip I HAVE to take tomorrow. That will be my only drive before Friday at midnight.

EDIT: And I've calculated that I just need a 96 or above on that drive to keep 100 lol

I'm not driving today & tomorrow. I shouldn't have driven yesterday ... when I got 99. Still 100 overall - so, we'll see if when Elon says "perfect" whether he means no infractions whatsoever or rounded to 100 is fine. I've one day of "hard braking" of 0.4%. It was so hard braking that I overran the stop line after gently stopping the car from 20 mph over several dozen feet ... but downhill.

so, we'll see if when Elon says "perfect" whether he means no infractions whatsoever or rounded to 100 is fine.
I can't *imagine* there are 1,000+ drivers who have had an absolutely perfect score every day over the last 14 days (not only 100 every day, but no dings in any of the categories).

Then again, I never cease to be disappointed by assuming things about Elon's proclamations.......

I guess another wild alternative is that 'perfect' means only people who have a daily score of 100 every single day. I have 100 overall, but several 99 days (and one day not driving)......

LOL. The problem is (the way twitter works) - all his tweets are subject to so much interpretation / misinterpretation.

They need someone to expand on Elon tweets and post as blog entries on Tesla website (and have it approved by Musk).
Yeah. I mean ANY reasonable person who read this tweet:

"FSD Beta 10.2 rolls out Friday midnight to ~1000 owners with perfect 100/100 safety scores."

Would assume it refers to the SINGLE GIANT NUMBER you see when you open Safety Score in the app. But again, I'm not counting my chickens yet......

If he's saying that by Friday there will be more ppl hitting 100, that would imply people clawing their way up from 99.

So "perfect" 100 just means 100 showing up as your overall score.
^^^^ I concur with this logic as well. ^^^^

Elon said about 1000 at the time of his tweet, but also forecasted that could end up being 1100-1200. The only way that can occur is if folks not currently at a 100 (at least the last 7 day average) could get there before the cutoff sometime before Midnight on Friday.

I can't *imagine* there are 1,000+ drivers who have had an absolutely perfect score every day over the last 14 days (not only 100 every day, but no dings in any of the categories).

Then again, I never cease to be disappointed by assuming things about Elon's proclamations.......

I guess another wild alternative is that 'perfect' means only people who have a daily score of 100 every single day. I have 100 overall, but several 99 days (and one day not driving)......

I had held a 100 score every day since the morning of 9/25 when I pressed the button. I have driven ~10 miles a day across two different navigational loops. All of my drives have been at 6am before rush hour traffic.

No dings, but I hold a 5.9% Unsafe Follow percentage; that category still shows green in my app.

I am not sure if I will be held back for the Unsafe Follow percentage. I am concerned as much as anyone else.

Edit: I do plan on driving a loop tomorrow morning.

5330C02E-45B5-4F07-9453-17DA749F2101_1_105_c.jpeg

C17209F4-5C4C-47AB-966E-E8F4D386D6CF_1_105_c.jpeg

I had held a 100 score every day since the morning of 9/25 when I pressed the button. I have driven ~10 miles a day across two different navigational loops. All of my drives have been at 6am before rush hour traffic.

No dings, but I hold a 5.9% Unsafe Follow percentage; that category still shows green in my app.

I am not sure if I will be held back for the Unsafe Follow percentage. I am concerned as much as anyone else.

View attachment 718793

View attachment 718792
Elon's tweet stated about 1000 folks would get in at the time of his tweet, but also forecasted that could end up being 1100-1200. The only way that can occur is if folks not currently at a 100 (at least the last 7 day average) could get there before the cutoff sometime before Midnight on Friday.

Reactions: edseloh
Elon's tweet stated about 1000 folks would get in at the time of his tweet, but also forecasted that could end up being 1100-1200. The only way that can occur is if folks not currently at a 100 (at least the last 7 day average) could get there before the cutoff sometime before Midnight on Friday.
I hear what you are saying. His tweet implies that I don't have to drive tomorrow. I just don't know if I should trust what he is saying and risk getting skipped on a technicality.