Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello GlmnAlyAirCar (GAAC), and also MarcG. I found this comment to be very interesting. Indeed, if we look at the individual scores as shown in MarcG's screenshot:

FCW: 0.9
HB: 0.2
AT: 0.8
UFT: 2.0
FAD: 0

Plugging these into the formula gives 99.125, which ought not to round to 100. With your scores, GAAC, the calculation gives 99.128: as you suspected, your score ought to be close to MarcG's.

But wait! The actual score is a mileage-weighted average of your daily (total) scores, and since the scoring function is nonlinear, it's not the case that the score based on the average of the parameters is equal to the average of the scores based on the daily parameters! Isn't that interesting? So in fact you cannot go from the five overall parameters to calculate your overall score. You actually have to do the mileage-weighted average (although often the two results are close). I've verified this on my numbers as well. So the overall individual scores are just guidelines.

Michael
Yes I’ve actually built a spreadsheet and come up with my number precisely. The big mistake is not correcting a mistake the day that it is made. Once it’s in there it sticks around like herpes. I projected I need another 950 miles as of this morning to get back to the 99.5.
math…..

Yes I’ve actually built a spreadsheet and come up with my number precisely. The big mistake is not correcting a mistake the day that it is made. Once it’s in there it sticks around like herpes. I projected I need another 950 miles as of this morning to get back to the 99.5.
math…..
This is information we all could’ve used earlier. I have a single hard braking event on the second day after pressing the button. Now that we’ve come up with all these tricks to fix the score it sucks having that on your permanent record.

So maybe Tuesday (Monday midnight PST)
I believe he had just returned to Texas (from his trip to Europe), when he tweeted this. Given the time (2 a.m.), it would be odd for him to say "tomorrow night" (meaning Monday night) when he hadnt gone to sleep yet on Saturday night. In other words, if he meant Monday night, then he would have said "Monday night."

Plus, he usually refers to late night (after midnight but before sunrise) on day X as being day X (as opposed to day Y).

With that all being said, I do find it humorous (and sad) that we are all so anxious that we are attempting to parse the words of a tweet that Elon probably didn't give a second thought to - in terms of all of the different iterations of what it could mean.

With that all being said, I do find it humorous (and sad) that we are all so anxious that we are attempting to parse the words of a tweet that Elon probably didn't give a second thought to - in terms of all of the different iterations of what it could mean.
Yeah, this is what I mean when I say Elon doesn’t seem to care about the FSD enthusiasts (we’re a fraction of the Tesla customer base).

He could be more specific/accurate with an iota of extra effort and thought when he tweets this stuff, but he doesn’t do it.

And he would probably find very funny if he ever got to know about this ...

I believe he had just returned to Texas (from his trip to Europe), when he tweeted this. Given the time (2 a.m.), it would be odd for him to say "tomorrow night" (meaning Monday night) when he hadnt gone to sleep yet on Saturday night. In other words, if he meant Monday night, then he would have said "Monday night."

Plus, he usually refers to late night (after midnight but before sunrise) on day X as being day X (as opposed to day Y).

I like where your heads at. Similarly, if you take the 1st, 5th and 9th word in his tweet, add them together, that gives you 14. (14 - 5) - 9 = 1, which is the first day of the week (Monday).

Secondly (most important point), you’re able to spell out Mon from his tweet by ALSO using the 1st, 5th and 9th word of his tweet, but NOT Tue. Therefore, using a similar science, I can conclude that Beta will be available at 00:01 Mon Oct 11th, 2021.

C8817133-281E-4927-AB06-E2E731276799.jpeg