Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think 10.2 will ship tonight, and here's my entirely-speculation-based explanation why:

Based on a tweet shared by dckiwi on the Safety Score thread, it appears Elon landed in Texas around 12:30am Texas time, and sent that nebulous tweet roughly 1.5 hours later. I'm guessing he had scheduled an update from the FSD development team for right after he landed, because 1.5 hours feels about right for having a 30-60 minute meeting plus logistics of going wherever he went immediately after landing. The FSD team (in California) could have told him something like "we'll be ready to deploy by the end of the day tomorrow", and for those CA-based developers, it would be 11pm or so on Saturday as they said this. So, it's possible Elon sent the Tweet right after the end of that meeting, and he was more or less quoting the timeline given to him, which would mean he was saying it would be deployed California's tomorrow as of a few minutes earlier, meaning Sunday night.
Yes... although what he was told and what will happen may not end up matching. Lol

If they've run their final checks on 10.2 and they are sure it's ready, then why haven't they already released it? And, if they haven't run their final checks yet, then how do they know they won't hit any last-minute snags?

Also maybe they were wrong, but over the years, the 'experts' have said NOT to grip the wheel tightly as it promotes fatigue. So keep the torque need if you want. Just make it work.
Gripping tightly anyway will not work for the nags. I've got used to the nags - just pull on the wheel a bit and it goes away. Also when the wheel turns, you can provide some couner-force and it won't nag as much.

We are talking about city driving, right ?

Yes... although what he was told and what will happen may not end up matching. Lol

If they've run their final checks on 10.2 and they are sure it's ready, then why haven't they already released it? And, if they haven't run their final checks yet, then how do they know they won't hit any last-minute snags?
There are no guarantees. My reading is - they found and addressed whatever bug / concerns they had. Ofcourse, they could still run into trouble when they run full simulation testing. But they know from experience, usually they won't.

So according to Tesla I have a 100 score. But on Teslascope I am at 99.31. In the past 8 days I only had one incident and I’m not even sure where it happened. But I had aggressive turning that went all the way in the red but I have since been driving like a 90 year old to keep it up to 100. The day I had that ”aggressive turning“ it went down immediately to 99 but I drove it a couple more times that day and got it back up to 100. Do you guys think it would be a good idea for me to go drive the car for a while and put some miles on it to try and bump that score back up higher before tonight? Thanks just didn’t realize the score should be between 99 and 100. To me 100 is 100 but it doesn’t seem like that’s the case of Tesla of course. I will be furious if I don’t get it. I’ve been driving so slow and careful for the past two weeks and have not went to the dragstrip which is closing this next weekend just so I can get this. And if I don’t get it all because of one nag that my faith in Tesla has went down the crapper even more. Then if I don’t get it what I have to continually drive worse than my grandpa and potentially miss out on the last track day next weekend. No this is ridiculous. But I guess we’ll see you tonight. I’m probably going to take the car out and just drive the saying all day very carefully to get that score up at least to 99.5

02B084EC-CB43-41ED-9C95-489BA2683C49.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
So according to Tesla I have a 100 score. But on Teslascope I am at 99.31. In the past 8 days I only had one incident and I’m not even sure where it happened. But I had aggressive turning that went all the way in the red but I have since been driving like a 90 year old to keep it up to 100. The day I had that ”aggressive turning“ it went down immediately to 99 but I drove it a couple more times that day and got it back up to 100. Do you guys think it would be a good idea for me to go drive the car for a while and put some miles on it to try and bump that score back up higher before tonight? Thanks just didn’t realize the score should be between 99 and 100. To me 100 is 100 but it doesn’t seem like that’s the case of Tesla of course. I will be furious if I don’t get it. I’ve been driving so slow and careful for the past two weeks and have not went to the dragstrip which is closing this next weekend just so I can get this. And if I don’t get it all because of one nag that my faith in Tesla has went down the crapper even more. Then if I don’t get it what I have to continually drive worse than my grandpa and potentially miss out on the last track day next weekend. No this is ridiculous. But I guess we’ll see you tonight. I’m probably going to take the car out and just drive the saying all day very carefully to get that score up at least to 99.5

View attachment 719912
If you'd like please enter your daily activities in my spreadsheet to see what score it shows. It would be really interesting to compare Tesla, Teslascope, and my sheet. Since you only have one bad event it would just be entering that as well as the daily miles.

1633894810914.png

Last edited:
Gripping tightly anyway will not work for the nags. I've got used to the nags - just pull on the wheel a bit and it goes away. Also when the wheel turns, you can provide some couner-force and it won't nag as much.

We are talking about city driving, right ?
not really. 'burbs I guess. Farms around. speed is generally 35-50. Occasional stops & lights. about an hour from NYC

I think they haven't yet released it for the same reason they didn't release other FSD updates until the time that Elon announces days ahead of time. Although I'm not exactly sure why that is....

Maybe there's a QA process to run it in a sim or real world with their internal testers for x hours before release (and if it fails something there that's what "a few last minute concerns" are)?

Maybe it takes hours to compile code modules that were tested separately into one complete deployable build?

Maybe they have a team that monitors data from the first drives on a new release to look for obvious disasters, and they have to schedule that team to show up on the right sleep schedule to do so effectively? Or maybe that team is the same developers that just worked through the weekend so they need a break?

Reactions: dcesq06
I wouldn't mind the nag if it worked well. I keep at least one, usually two hands on the wheel at all times. Sometimes I get nagged every 30 seconds.

So others have said keep your hands down in the 5(?) or 7(?) o'clock position. I admit that does work better but not a lot better. And in my opinion that is a worse place to keep your hands from an effective use/safety position. Also maybe they were wrong, but over the years, the 'experts' have said NOT to grip the wheel tightly as it promotes fatigue. So keep the torque nag if you want. Just make it work.
Interesting. I'm not doubting your experience, but mine is different. if I keep my left hand on the wheel I never get a nag. Maybe it's easier in a Y, the door has a nice place to rest your arm while your hand is on the wheel. Our 3 does not.

If you'd like please enter your daily activities in my spreadsheet to see what score it shows. It would be really interesting to compare Tesla, Teslascope, and my sheet. Since you only have one bad event it would just be entering that as well as the daily miles.

Might still be a bug here - I'm having trouble reconciling my numbers. Just take one line with the below - the raw score is 96.9, rounded is 97 (correct), but Cumulative Score and Cumulative Rounded should be 96.9 and 97 respectively - no?

1633896084953.png

Might still be a bug here - I'm having trouble reconciling my numbers. Just take one line with the below - the raw score is 96.9, rounded is 97 (correct), but Cumulative Score and Cumulative Rounded should be 96.9 and 97 respectively - no?

View attachment 719928
I just entered the numbers you did and everything seems correct including cumulative. Perhaps it would be good to download the sheet again and please let me know if you continue to have issues. Also, a note of caution for you or anyone using this, please make sure you create your own copy by going to the file menu and 'Make a Copy' (don't copy the cells and paste into your own sheet).

1633896491696.png

Last edited:

View attachment 719920
OK I will do that. I’m currently out driving the car on the safest roads I know. I am getting on the highway and taking every exit and then getting right back on using a combination of NOA (Getting on freeways and if there’s even any remote chance of danger I quickly put it on) and then mainly driving it myself obviously to count the miles. I’m just gonna drive for a couple hours and then when I get back I will punch it into the computer. Thanks for the response