Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t experienced it yet but sounds aggressive. I mean, when you beta test with the same ~1000 for a year that’s bound to happen. They got to experience the cautious and slow versions. When you just throw people in of course it’s going to feel janky and aggressive.

Reactions: Wlagrange
Why can you enable both FSD Beta and Stoplight Beta? What happens when you turn off stoplight Beta with FSD Beta on?

So far so good for me ... A bit aggressive with lots of traffic around .. less confident on wide resedential streets with unclear markings but well established local "culture". Wanted to stay in center if wide lane when people stay to the left to turn left and stay to the right to turn right.

I haven’t experienced it yet but sounds aggressive. I mean, when you beta test with the same ~1000 for a year that’s bound to happen. They got to experience the cautious and slow versions. When you just throw people in of course it’s going to feel janky and aggressive.
Well, there was also the change from Radar to Vision only for some of us so the behavior of the car also have changed. Behavior is mostly the same on multi-lane high speed roads so far but the its the neighborhood streets and the left and right turns at stop sign and traffic signals that you really have to pay attention to what the car is attempting to do.

Reactions: ahoen117
I think those of us who were under 100 miles as of the initial release time are out of luck today. I was at 94 miles and drove 8 to get to 102 miles about 3 hours ago. Nothing yet and have been connected to Wi-Fi.
I was at 150 miles on Thursday with a 99 rating. On Friday I got it back to 100, and a total of over 300 miles. I still haven’t gotten the download or the email. The only other factor I can think of for me is that we have two cars, and the second car has a 90 rating.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff N
I drove a bit with FSD and found it very faulty, especially through construction coned lanes that twisted. It wanted to run through the cones.

I don't see the expanded visualization with FSD, where a larger portion of the screen is supposed to be taken up with the driving visualization, even though I have that option turned on within the Autopilot menu. I've rebooted the car and still no expanded view. Anybody else with this lroblem?

I drove a bit with FSD and found it very faulty, especially through construction coned lanes that twisted. It wanted to run through the cones.

I don't see the expanded visualization with FSD, where a larger portion of the screen is supposed to be taken up with the driving visualization, even though I have that option turned on within the Autopilot menu. I've rebooted the car and still no expanded view. Anybody else with this lroblem?
Close the music window. If it's showing, even just along the bottom of the screen, it wont go to the expanded view.

Just did my first drive with beta, wasn't nearly as jerky as others were saying, there was a phantom brake once.

Some other notes, it didn't turn right on red at with not a soul in sight, looked like the car just wasn't going to do it.
It also stopped at a green light -- the light is only a few months old and used to be a stop sign so I wonder if the map is not updated and it stops because it is programmed to.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff N
Got it this morning. It's impressive, but also not very good. I like the new visualizations. It seems to have lost the ability to see (or maybe just to display) lane markings (bike lane, turning markers, railroad crossing, etc). Also, twice on my drive to work, two vehicles were blue, instead of gray. Not sure what that was supposed to indicate. It was definitely more jerky than what I'm used to. It tried to run me through the gate, leaving my community. I guess it can't see those? There are large orange reflectors on the top and bottom of our gate. Had to hit the brake to prevent that. Then the second left, it tried to pull out in front of a car and I had to disengage. It didn't get me in the turn lane at another intersection even though it knew it was supposed to be turning, so I had to disengage for that. And then when I told it to get over into the right lane because my work was coming up, it decided it wanted to get in front of the car that I wanted to get behind and started speeding up. I would have had to brake right in front of that guy and had more than enough room to get over behind him. Had to disengage for that also. So, honestly not impressed, but I understand its a Beta. Its nice that there's a toggle switch so we can turn it off and on. Hopefully it will improve quickly with more data coming in.

Was surprised to see that we got the beta this morning. Havent tried it, wasnt expecting it so have no driving plans. We only had a 99 score after a weekend trip from Chicago to Grand Rapids Michigan. Now I drive nearly the whole way on NAP and the only ding we got was a hard braking incident that NAP detection did at a stop light. That took us from 100 to 99. Maybe I will take a run to get lunch today and give it a try.

Got it this morning. It's impressive, but also not very good. I like the new visualizations. It seems to have lost the ability to see (or maybe just to display) lane markings (bike lane, turning markers, railroad crossing, etc). Also, twice on my drive to work, two vehicles were blue, instead of gray. Not sure what that was supposed to indicate. It was definitely more jerky than what I'm used to. It tried to run me through the gate, leaving my community. I guess it can't see those? There are large orange reflectors on the top and bottom of our gate. Had to hit the brake to prevent that. Then the second left, it tried to pull out in front of a car and I had to disengage. It didn't get me in the turn lane at another intersection even though it knew it was supposed to be turning, so I had to disengage for that. And then when I told it to get over into the right lane because my work was coming up, it decided it wanted to get in front of the car that I wanted to get behind and started speeding up. I would have had to brake right in front of that guy and had more than enough room to get over behind him. Had to disengage for that also. So, honestly not impressed, but I understand its a Beta. Its nice that there's a toggle switch so we can turn it off and on.
Is the toggle switch a user profile setting as well. My wife will not be as adventurous and would get angry if she thought she was engaging AP on when she was engaging FSD.

I actually got the email and the FSD download this morning with a score of 99. I had a 100 going into yesterday, screwed up with braking at a yellow light and had my overall drop to 99. Was kind of bummed but accepting, and then surprised to see that I got the download this morning.

Going to try it out dropping the kids off at school this morning. Let's see what this baby can do in the kiss-n-go line! (KIDDING! I'M KIDDING. TESLA, IF YOU READ THAT, I'M ONLY KIDDING!).

For those of you concerned about the aggressiveness has anyone tried changing the settings like Driving>>Acceleration to CHILL or Autopilot>>Customize NOA>> speed based Lane changes to Average or Mild? Not sure either will make a difference. I'll try to test later today.

Mine is set to "mild" and the car was still aggressive in a couple cases (turning onto a street and changing lanes).

Let's be real guys, FSD Beta is a turd. We've all mentally moved the goalposts so that it's "impressive" and yet it tries to drive the car through solid objects at least once per drive. I dropped $6k on it two years ago and basically the only useful thing out of it is the driver initiated auto lane change. I consider it money lit on fire at this point. I haven't driven the Beta yet due to my 92 driver score but at this rate the government will force the rollout to stop before I get access to it.

I think those of us who were under 100 miles as of the initial release time are out of luck today. I was at 94 miles and drove 8 to get to 102 miles about 3 hours ago. Nothing yet and have been connected to Wi-Fi.
Keep us updated if it shows up today. I should hit over 100 miles on the drive home from the service center today or tomorrow. It’s super frustrating, don’t know why Elon couldnt have said minimum 100 miles weeks ago. My car was supposed to be at Service Center for a day and coming up on a week now, and when they realized there would be a delay they offered to let me have my car back or to take a loaner - thought I was in the clear! Had I known about the mileage limitation I wouldn’t have taken the loaner.