Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cabin camera seems decent at detecting eyes through my glasses so far, based on a sample size of one. I was at a red light and noted the car ahead of the car directly in front of me popping in and out of existence on the screen while its brake lights would persist for some reason, so I took my phone out to record just as the light turned green and the car immediately chimed and told me to pay attention to the road. Pretty impressive as a one off since that was the only time today I had my phone out when it wasn’t a solid red ahead of me.
No, the cabin camera is tracking your phone well.
Nope, unless the slighted opted out within 30 days of delivery, it’s arbitration they will face.
Like most arbitration clauses, IIRC, Tesla's does allow for small claims court, which may be a viable option in some states.

despite all the acrimony, i'd have to say the effort to get beta was worth the effort. today i conducted 3 short 20 minute drives in a urban neighborhood on narrow streets full of cars and fsd beta did very well. i'm impressed.
Looks like your from San Francisco which likely explains why your drives are better then many of the new FSD beta testers who are in other parts of the country. Still great to see such positive results.

Thanks for sharing, but even more damming, if you ask me (I know, you didn’t!). If true, those with refreshed yoke cars, at the very least, were misled, while their safety scoring data is collected for much longer periods than anyone else. Also Doesn’t explain the exclusion from yoke improvements released in 2021.36. I’m sorry, the reasoning provided in the chat room “just doesn’t hunt”. Seems more like a BS PR CYA line than anything else.
Unless your 100 by Friday will still be used to get you the beta.

They did do a cutoff sometime before 7pm Friday and those with 100 got the beta.

There can't be that many Plaids on the road given the cost. I bet that they give the Beta to any Plaid that requested it just due to the size of your investment.

Tango. Fsd is waiting behind the stop line at a green, unprotected left. Six lanes of traffic, 55 mph, so has to cross three. One car is approaching in the third lane over with a big gap behind it. As the car gets close to the intersection, FSD starts rolling early in anticipation of turning behind it. Suddenly, the oncoming car decides to come to an abrupt stop just before it gets to the intersection. FSD then come to a stop, because the timing to turn behind the other car in now off. The other car is proceeding so slowly that now FSD thinks it can turn in front of it and begins the turn. Now the other car starts to speed up, and since FSD can no longer make the turn in front of it, it stops. FSD is now stopped in the first lane of oncoming traffic, and the other car slows down again just in front of my car. FSD can't proceed, so I had to intervene and drive around the back of the other car.

Finally; I've been asking this same question all day without an answer!
Looks like those that upgraded from AP2.0 did not get the beta. Which is really BS. Just like the Plaid, why give the button and safety score if the car doesn't qualify.
THAT IS SO UPSETTING!!!
I think @panjouser is saying that with the non-upgraded AP2.0, they are not getting the FSD Beta. I don’t think there are service center upgraded AP2.0 to AP2.5 cars, rather there are only a few DIY AP2.0 to AP2.5 cameras and no AP2.0 to AP2.5 redundant steering servo setups nor redundant steering wiring setups.

Yes there are many MCU1 to MCU2 service center upgraded cars (and a few DIY upgraded), just not AP2.0 upgraded. Some of the not upgraded, still MCU1 cars have the HW3 self driving computer upgrade.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
So I turned on FSD beta autopilot with no destination in my gps and it literally started going and took a turn I have no clue where it was about to take me 😂😂😂😂 has anyone else tries this?
Me and a friend have joked about this for a few months now after seeing someone try that in a video. It'd be hilarious if you engage it with no destination it auto-navigates back to the Fremont factory 😂

was coming from a road with a 45mph speed limit and turned into a residential neighborhood where the speed limit is 25. The right turn into the neighborhood was kind of weird, very wide, without breaking into the dotted bike lane. But what was scary was the car didn't recognize the speed limit change right away,
A couple of comments. I’ve also noticed these issues. On making a left turn from a highway posted attached 55 mph to a residential street with a 30 mph limit, 10.2 began accelerating rapidly (attempting to achieve 55 mph again) until it reached the 30 mph sign, which was displaced about 20 feet from the intersection. This whole transition was unnerving to say the least.

Also in a local residential street network with no speed limit signs, 10.2 assumed a speed limit of 25 mph. This may be a residual behavior from when FSD beta used OSM speed limit tags. Nodes without this tag must default to 25 mph which IMO is still too fast considering that these streets potentially may have obstacles and pedestrians.

• Informative
Reactions: Nakk and impastu
So I turned on FSD beta autopilot with no destination in my gps and it literally started going and took a turn
The neural network keeps making multiple path predictions (e.g., the multiple ways to go through an intersection) and usually the most likely predicted path is to continue straight except of course at intersections where you can't go straight. But sometimes it can decide a side road looks like the most likely path. FSD Beta also still uses turn signals when it believes it's approaching a turn, so that seems to be an indication of the signals not reliant on navigation.

I've been cancelling navigation to trick FSD Beta to go straight (where before Autosteer naturally would only go straight anyway) so that it "misses" a turn to then re-navigate on a more desired route. Doing this also avoids / isolates behaviors that are specific to navigation routing that involves longer term planning, e.g., getting into a certain lane for an upcoming maneuver.

What's Next?​

I continue to think it would be a classy move to just give it to everyone who asks. They did a fine job of ramping up the anticipation, but enough: we all paid for it, we all want it, so please, please can we have it? Just like the owner of any car, I take responsibility for my own safe use of the vehicle. I want my FSD!
It wouldn't be a classy move or a smart move to give early beta software to everyone who asked (and paid) for non-beta software. Also, the issue has nothing to do with whether you take responsibility for your safe use of the car.

I understand the frustration of those who have not received the beta, but I'm sure everyone will get it in due time. And, most importantly, it will be a MUCH better experience for those WHO are trying it for the first time in 6 months versus now.

Reactions: namikun and Yuri_G
And can you @Venom point those raised canes to this thread for more “air time”?

@MarcG Has your patience finally expired on this BS?
Wouldn't this issue have more get more attention in a separate thread?

(And I DO think the yokers/Sers got screwed. It just seems that this FSD beta experience thread is more about the legitimate griipes of a subset than about the specific experiences people are having with the software and the download experience.)

Wouldn't this issue have more get more attention in a separate thread?

(And I DO think the yokers/Sers got screwed. It just seems that this FSD beta experience thread is more about the legitimate griipes of a subset than about the specific experiences people are having with the software and the download experience.)
@dcesq06 As the creator/OP of this thread, I say it’s fine. I’m largely done whining about this issue anyway. The refreshed model S population is so small, no one gives a shite anyway; especially at Tesla. “Cater to the masses (3/Y),” must be their mantra.
@Venom @MarcG @Ryan27

@dcesq06 As the creator/OP of this thread, I say it’s fine. I’m largely done whining about this issue anyway. The refreshed model S population is so small, no one gives a shite anyway; especially at Tesla. “Cater to the masses (3/Y),” must be their mantra.
@Venom @MarcG @Ryan27
Think of it this way, in 2-3 years when new features are released, we'll get it and they won't have compatible hardware lol.

Q for all the people who got beta: did you get an email notifying you? Did you sign anything (NDA, etc.)? Or did the push update just show up early Monday morning and you saw the notification your mobile app?
I got one email. I signed nothing unless you count checkboxes in the car. I don't recall an NDA there. Just that it's my responsibility yada yada yada.

Hello,

We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.2 (2021.32.25) to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle has automatically opted into VIN associated telemetry sharing with Tesla, including Autopilot usage data, images and/or video. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button on the top bar UI to send an Autopilot Snapshot video clip.
    • Clips are automatically sent to the engineering team. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected].
    • In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thank,

The Tesla Team

Reactions: coselectric