Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well at least we now have our answer
Regression in some left turns at traffic lights found by internal QA in 10.3. Fix in work, probably releasing tomorrow
Internal QA?! Who knew they had such a thing! Well, at least he didn't ghost us completely and provided some info (and another promise with the qualifier "probably").

Reactions: impastu
By the time this super computer comes on line, won't much of the back logged data, not previously digested, be too old to eat? In other words, future software versions may have addressed the situations that make the a lot of old, unprocessed data irrelavent
Or, perhaps, that won't matter to a computer, so hungry, that it will quickly gobble up everthing, fed it, healthy or not.
Such a computer is beyond my imagination.
I am a bit confused. Tesla has a super computer that is not digesting the driving data yet? How are they doing upgrades now? When will this new super computer start operating?

Reactions: impastu
I am a bit confused. Tesla has a super computer that is not digesting the driving data yet? How are they doing upgrades now? When will this new super computer start operating?
Wow... those questions are way too much to handle in a forum post. Might I suggest watching some of Tesla's AI day coverage? Your questions will not only be answered, but will be answered to a level much greater than what can be done in a forum post... at least, not without spending the day typing. Unless you want really short answers:
1. Yes
2. Some manual and some automatic data labeling, but there are more to updates than just data labeling, though.
3. "Soon" (tm)
Thats not what most of the old youtubers are saying. Besides, most of the QA is automated. So, very unlikely those get missed.
Depends not only on the YouTuber you're watching, but also the situation. Some 'tubers are saying 10.2 handles left turns better, others worse. One in particular was a guy that said the left he was about to take was handled in 10.1, but not in 10.2. I'd provide links, but I watch so many of these vids that it's just impossible to keep track of them all.

I find myself watching even more FSD vids now that i have the beta, as it's interesting to compare/contrast my experiences with the popular YouTuber's. I'm convinced that some of them cherry pick their edits in an attempt to make FSD out better than it is.

Tesla has a supercomputer (apparently #5 in the world) built using Nvidia Tensor Core GPUs but they're building a super-duper computer in house (Dojo).

I find myself watching even more FSD vids now that i have the beta, as it's interesting to compare/contrast my experiences with the popular YouTuber's. I'm convinced that some of them cherry pick their edits in an attempt to make FSD out better than it is.
Yes - but now I'm watching some particular things. Also, no longer interested in sped up videos. Those definitely give wrong impression.

Reactions: jebinc