Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU fails for the second time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best I can recommend is to take video with your cell phone every time it happens. This gives you both proof and an easy way of keeping track of the timestamps for the issues.

That's what I did with about 1/3 of the instances. Not every one since much of the time it wasn't safe to do so, but when it was safe, I took videos which is how I got the time stamps:

3/10 2:22 PM Spontaneous reboot
3/15 11:49 PM Spontaneous reboot
3/20 9:31 AM Spontaneous reboot
3/20 9:57 AM Navigation Needs Service message
3/20 10:07 AM Load error over and over on any slacker channel. Rebooted manually. Reboot loop 3 times in a row.
3/22 7:38 AM Reboot when trying to navigate
3/22 5:28 PM Slacker won't pause. Just plays even though showing paused.
3/22 5:33 PM Reboot when trying to navigate
3/23 7:56 AM Screen frozen
3/28 8:46 AM Spontaneous reboot. No navigation
3/28 8:54 AM Backup Camera has split image.
3/28 8:57 AM No backup camera.
4/1 10:03 AM No backup camera.
4/2 3:27 AM Spontaneous reboot.
4/3 6:39 PM Spontaneous reboot
4/4 4:27 PM Spontaneous reboot
4/8 5:07 PM Spontaneous reboot
4/8 9:01 PM MCU frozen. Won't respond to touch.

I have a 2013 S 85 CPO that i bought in October of 2017 and my MCU shut off multiple times after the latest updates. I brought it into the SC and they said there were some bugs in the hardware and it would eventually go away. I call BS but wondering what happens just before the MCU dies if it shuts of a lot more or what. Just need to know so I bring it in under warranty again before it goes out. I apologize ahead of time if someone already answered this in prior posts I read most of them.
Mine began getting a frequent ‘loading error’ while streaming audio and began freezing frequently. One week after the new MCU my audio froze on 8. I tried everything but ultimately had to reboot. At times I really do feel like a Tesla beta tester. New drive unit next week so hopefully that’s the end of my string of bad luck with the car. I’ve grown tired of the frequent SC visits.

I feel for you Booner I have been in several times and since the last visit they said my MCU freezes would be fixed with the next software update. Has not froze since last visit a week ago but if it does it again I will be asking for a new MCU.

1458829-00-B MCU
26520127-FB2A-4152-A833-B8BB47177D18.jpeg

OK, so we had our center display and MCU changed and have had a problem where the driver display is MUCH brighter than the center display at night. In order to be able to easily read the center display, I have to turn up the brightness and the drivers display is practically in torch mode and very hard on the eyes.

Anyone have this problem? Is tesla able to adjust the relative brightness? Or, is this a reason to ask for a new drivers to get that replaced?

thanks.

I just had my MCU replaced for multiple reasons, and this is the part number written on the invoice:
MCU,MDLSX,EU/JPN/HK/MC/TW/SK,LTE RMN (1098050-00-D)

(Model S 90D, AP2, 2017 with Premium Package and Premium Sound)
I just had my MCU replaced for multiple reasons, and this is the part number written on the invoice:
MCU,MDLSX,EU/JPN/HK/MC/TW/SK,LTE RMN (1098050-00-D)

(Model S 90D, AP2, 2017 with Premium Package and Premium Sound)

Old MCU