Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 - Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People - there is no armv7 binary for Chromium so our MCU1 units will not ever have Chromium because it's simply not compiled to run on our old Tegra-based platform, thus never have any browser based features such as what v10 is offering.

The only things v10 could offer to mcu1 cars would be improved IC displays, Caraoke, Sentry Mode Improvements, Autopilot improvements, and other non-web based items.

Didn't old tegra tablets run chrome

People - there is no armv7 binary for Chromium so our MCU1 units will not ever have Chromium because it's simply not compiled to run on our old Tegra-based platform, thus never have any browser based features such as what v10 is offering.

The only things v10 could offer to mcu1 cars would be improved IC displays, Caraoke, Sentry Mode Improvements, Autopilot improvements, and other non-web based items.
I have MCU1/AP2 and I do not have the ability to write Sentry Mode to a SD card. When our cars get updated to AP3, will this give us the ability to record Sentry Mode to a SD card?

I have MCU1/AP2 and I do not have the ability to write Sentry Mode to a SD card. When our cars get updated to AP3, will this give us the ability to record Sentry Mode to a SD card?

We don't know. If the AP computer was the limitation then I would think yes. If the limitation is that Tesla doesn't want to because the cameras are different and don't support color the same way as the newer ones, then no.

Reactions: KyleDay

Are armv7 binaries available for non-Chromium browsers that suck less than the 1990's dial-up era browser we currently have in there?

All us MCU1 owners outside Elon's window...
9968a1c3450e219423e061e4709d44afc725b26b.jpg

Now this. The Scheduler decides if the browser lands on the big or the LITTLE. Isn’t the LITTLE still fully armv7a backwards compatible?
No, big and little share the same instruction set which is how they can be used as an AMP pair in the same system but V7-A itself has gone through many revisions since it was originally released.

If the A9 and A15 were fully backwards compatible I would’ve been unemployed from 2010 to 2013.

MCU1 is not powerful for games, but for video, should be good enough, no?
I mean it can but not in the way Tesla is currently doing it. Tesla Theater is simply a Chromium based web portal that links to desktop class websites for those services.

Considering their ancient build of WebKit for like iOS 8 no longer even reliably renders release notes HTML on MCU1 there is no way it'll render Tesla Theater. I mean, try going to Hulu.com from your car and see how well that works out, totally ignoring the video playback aspect.

• Love
Reactions: selfbp