Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a voicemail from Tesla today! But...it was to sell me a home charger or a solar system. Oh well.
Ordered 11/1, white, 19", EAP, black int. Silence so far.

Got the same phone call today for solar from Tesla, was hoping for my car update but didn't happen. Ordered that exact same car on 11-5... No word or update yet. I'm sure I'll here something in a week or 2.

11/4 order here too, but the only call I received was from the Tesla sales guy asking if I'd like to buy an LR RWD for 3k more. Depending on your configuration, if you're willing to upgrade, they apparently have a limited number of vehicles right here in SoCal.

Interesting, since I live a couple miles from Fremont factory you think there is a MSM Aero config ready? Ordered a MR on 11/11 but could be an enticing option to upgrade for $3k and get the car sooner.

Interesting, since I live a couple miles from Fremont factory you think there is a MSM Aero config ready? Ordered a MR on 11/11 but could be an enticing option to upgrade for $3k and get the car sooner.
I asked my OA to keep an eye out for an MSM LR RWD Aero EAP for me. This was over a week ago. Either he gave up, or there are none left. My OA works at the Dublin, CA service center/showroom.

As a day one reservation holder and day one MR orderer with a white interior, some of you need to chill out. You're still in the initial timeframe proclaimed when you ordered. Even after Elon recently guaranteed orders by November 30, which still hasn't come, would qualify for the full tax credit, you're still stressed.

Chill out. This thread isn't for anxiety mongering. It's to discuss personal developments and excitement.

tax credit may be missed (important point already made is that if you don't take delivery this year, the 3750 goes on the tax return you will prepare in 2020

Keep in mind you may be able to mitigate this based on your circumstances and discipline. I’m a W2 employee and can turn off tax withholding for a couple paychecks to bank the $7,500 that would have gone to Uncle Sam. It does require you though to not let lifestyle creep happen while getting those funds because you will have to turn withholding on. Plus you need to be a traditional employee. Though if you file quarterly estimated tax payments, you could deduct $7,500 from the first payment too.

As a day one reservation holder and day one MR orderer with a white interior, some of you need to chill out. You're still in the initial timeframe proclaimed when you ordered. Even after Elon recently guaranteed orders by November 30, which still hasn't come, would qualify for the full tax credit, you're still stressed.

Chill out. This thread isn't for anxiety mongering. It's to discuss personal developments and excitement.

First, you can just stop reading the thread if it bothers you so much. You can start a new one. Second, for me at least, its not that I don't have the car, its that I have ZERO status about the car, when its going to be produced, etc. Holiday's are coming up and actually knowing what is going on is important to many of us. Third, as someone that works for a customer service company, this service is terrible. While delivering what a customer paid for is the most important, a close second is being able to provide status of what you ordered from said company. Yes, they said 6-10 weeks, and then some people started getting cars in as little as two weeks. And more and more every day are getting notices. That would be great IF White Interior cars would be on that list. But its not. And there must be some reason for that. Some are probably fine giving over 2500-3500 dollars and just sitting back and patiently waiting for Tesla to deem them worthy of a car. Others would prefer to know what is actually going on. And the MAJORITY of people are in the latter category. And its why they read forums for any clue as to what is going on.

First, you can just stop reading the thread if it bothers you so much. You can start a new one. Second, for me at least, its not that I don't have the car, its that I have ZERO status about the car, when its going to be produced, etc. Holiday's are coming up and actually knowing what is going on is important to many of us. Third, as someone that works for a customer service company, this service is terrible. While delivering what a customer paid for is the most important, a close second is being able to provide status of what you ordered from said company. Yes, they said 6-10 weeks, and then some people started getting cars in as little as two weeks. And more and more every day are getting notices. That would be great IF White Interior cars would be on that list. But its not. And there must be some reason for that. Some are probably fine giving over 2500-3500 dollars and just sitting back and patiently waiting for Tesla to deem them worthy of a car. Others would prefer to know what is actually going on. And the MAJORITY of people are in the latter category. And its why they read forums for any clue as to what is going on.
I made this thread and I'm also in the white interior group as a reservation holder. You're welcome to make an anxiety room thread.

I made this thread and I'm also in the white interior group as a reservation holder. You're welcome to make an anxiety room thread.

Good for you. You should have set some rules. Though, I'm not sure what would be happening in a thread such as yours. "Hey, nothings happening again today, but Elon Musk is the best ever! Boy is he great". And just repeated, over and over.

Good for you. You should have set some rules. Though, I'm not sure what would be happening in a thread such as yours. "Hey, nothings happening again today, but Elon Musk is the best ever! Boy is he great". And just repeated, over and over.
I did provide rules: "Let's wait and provide status updates together." Most people have abided by the request and have been helpful with updates.

I did provide rules: "Let's wait and provide status updates together." Most people have abided by the request and have been helpful with updates.

And what should we do while we "wait"? some of us have chosen to talk about what could be happening. Some have not. Both are legitimate options. Some have decided to switch to black interior based off the knowledge gained here. I'll probably do the same early next week if we still have no traction or status updates, which at this point, seems likely.

And what should we do while we "wait"? some of us have chosen to talk about what could be happening. Some have not. Both are legitimate options. Some have decided to switch to black interior based off the knowledge gained here. I'll probably do the same early next week if we still have no traction or status updates, which at this point, seems likely.

I'd recommend 'Netflix & chill.' Or looking out a window, or something.

Tesla orders sometimes come quickly but usually take awhile, and generally include poor communication. News at 11. As has been stated many times, there are zero MR vehicles that are late at this point. Relaxify. The black/white thing is total conjecture. For all any of you know, Tesla has a build scheduled next week for every white interior that's been ordered.

Reactions: sunhelm and Babs89
One thing I think we can all agree on is that Tesla has a long way to go in regards to communication and it usually leaves us guessing and pricing together information.
Bingo.

Nobody here is upset because its been 4 weeks out of a 6-10 week delivery window.

They are upset because Tesla lacks the basics of good communication that they should excel at.

If white interiors were going to be built 4 weeks after black interiors, all they had to do was push out a message to everyone who ordered a white interior letting them know that. It would take 5 minutes of one persons day.

But instead they opt for 100% silence until you get a delivery text. It's bad business and it's not hard to resolve.

White
EAP
18" aero
Los Angeles
4/1 reservation
10/22 order/configuration

No delivery date

Looks like my order summary page changed near the "payment" method, The content has not really changed, just the way the numbers are shown. (theres now a drop down and "+" to show the breakdown)