Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the text yesterday with 12/16 delivery at a time that would not work. Called the 888 number this AM. Was told wait time was over 1 hour. Ended up only being 38 mins.

Was initially told that it appeared that my appointment was one of the accidental ones because I had no VIN assigned. Then he looked a little more and said that I was part of a new program "Direct from Factory Delivery" and that for that program I would not get a VIN until 48 hours ahead of delivery. He said the for this program my car is delivered directly off the production line without going to an intermediary hub.

Very interesting. Wonder if this part of the new Trucking system they are using. I'm going to call as well, because I am in the same situation and I'm curious if I get a similar answer.

Got the text yesterday with 12/16 delivery at a time that would not work. Called the 888 number this AM. Was told wait time was over 1 hour. Ended up only being 38 mins.

Was initially told that it appeared that my appointment was one of the accidental ones because I had no VIN assigned. Then he looked a little more and said that I was part of a new program "Direct from Factory Delivery" and that for that program I would not get a VIN until 48 hours ahead of delivery. He said the for this program my car is delivered directly off the production line without going to an intermediary hub.

Thanks for the info. I have a delivery this weekend but no VIN yet. But makes sense.

I'm preparing for my wall charger to be installed. Does anyone know if you can pick up in one their show rooms or service centers?

If you ordered your wall charger online how long did it take to get to you?

If I don't have it installed by the time I get the car I can use an adapter and charge on a normal 120 outlet right?

I'm preparing for my wall charger to be installed. Does anyone know if you can pick up in one their show rooms or service centers?

If I don't have it installed by the time I get the car I can use an adapter and charge on a normal 120 outlet right?
I ordered mine online and it arrived in 2 days.

If it is not installed in time your better bet is to find a local charger and charge there. The 120v outlet takes forever.
Checkout ChargePoint for a charger near you.

Didn't receive any texts or e-mails, but a delivery date showed up on my account page this morning.

Called my DA to confirm delivery for 12/14 in Costa Mesa, CA
Ordered 10/28
MSM, Black Interior, Aero Wheels, EAP
No reservation, no previous Tesla ownership

Anyone know when I should expect an MVPA to show up on my Tesla profile?

For me it showed up as soon as I completed the financial portion. Originally I selected both having a trade in and using Tesla financing but then the price they offered for my Volt was way low and a local credit union beet them by 1.1% (I have excellent credit so 4.19% from Tesla was kind of high). Got the option to apply for credit and submit trading info at the same time, submitted both before anyone reach to me, got financing info rather quickly and trade in offer in 2 days. Rejected trade in then started seeing my VIN in some document (not sure if it was a purchase agreement maybe or something else, was the last page of the document). Then was able to edit payment and select my own financing and then the first wrong MVPA showed up with the Harris Bank info (Tesla finance). A call and 1h later on hold got a nice guy on the line fixed the MVPA and moved me a day sooner for delivery.

I was told you can pick up in service center but was worried about them having it in stock when I got there, so i ordered online hoping for faster shipping.

It is set to take 8 days to ship to Ohio. Ordered wall charger from Tesla online on 12/5 and FedEx delivery is scheduled for 12/13. I pickup car tomorrow but fortunately have a supercharger in my city. I already roughed in electrical.

I read you can charge with 120V but very slowly (like almost 24 hours to reach full charge as I recall, but dont quote me).

For folks asking about a wall charger, keep in mind the car comes with a mobile charger that plugs not only into a traditional 120v socket, but a 240v Nema 14-50 socket. Thus, I would honestly plan on using that if your wall charger doesn't get here sooner (or if you even need to get one). The mobile connector thought rated for outdoor use because the socket you plug into is typically not weather shielded.