Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @MattD. Thanks for sharing your story and for the delivery details. On the invites spreadsheet, there is a 17 March 2016 reservation by a former employee by the username Sckego. His estimate also shows Feb 2018 - Apr 2018, Late 2018, Late 2018 but he hasn't received an invite yet. I think everybody is eagerly waiting for the first non-owner invites. Let us know if something changes. Cheers

Hi Troy,
My current status is mid 2018 for AWD and I have a choice between LR & SR. I plan to purchase SR AWD. Purchasing the SR alone would be late 2018. So I assume when the AWD is available the SR would be available as well. It also ask me when I would like the SR AWD configuration and had a drop down menu for me to select. The earliest time is March 2018, so that is what I selected & submitted to Tesla.

I am an model S owner located in California & reserved on 4/8/16.

I see AWD and Standard Range as two separate options that will become selectable in the design studio. Imagine a checkbox that says AWD. They will add that in Mid-2018. What does this say about short range vs long range? Nothing. That's a different checkbox that will be added later. Therefore, the way I read it, Mid-2018 for AWD means only LRD.

In this scenario, SRD would be a selectable option as soon as SR becomes available. You would just select the SR checkbox and the AWD checkbox and there you have your SRD. However, they might make the SRD available before SR because of higher gross margins. They need to show that the Model 3 situation looks good before raising more money for the Model Y. Tesla seems to be more focused on the Model Y than I would've thought they would be at this stage.

Hi Troy,
My current status is mid 2018 for AWD and I have a choice between LR & SR. I plan to purchase SR AWD. Purchasing the SR alone would be late 2018. So I assume when the AWD is available the SR would be available as well. It also ask me when I would like the SR AWD configuration and had a drop down menu for me to select. The earliest time is March 2018, so that is what I selected & submitted to Tesla.

I am an model S owner located in California & reserved on 4/8/16.

I don't think most people share your assumptions. You should at least be prepared for the possibility that when AWD comes out it will be LR only and that SR AWD will come later.

I don't think most people share your assumptions. You should at least be prepared for the possibility that when AWD comes out it will be LR only and that SR AWD will come later.

From reading my Tesla account, it makes one think SR AWD may come as soon as March 2018 but it also states mid -2018 which is around May-August. My assumption is base on information from my Tesla account and they can always change it. So I'm just sharing and itsIt'sestimated time frame. I appreciate all the time Troy put into this and he should be ahead of the line :D

It also ask me when I would like the SR AWD configuration and had a drop down menu for me to select. The earliest time is March 2018, so that is what I selected & submitted to Tesla.

If you look at the video here from Nov 2017, you can see that selecting next month was always possible. By selecting all 3 checkboxes, you are indicating 3 different preferences that are not connected. Each checkbox is separate.

Fellow Oregonian, congrats! Did you line up at Washington Square? I did, and haven't received my invite yet. Excited for you!
Thanks! I would have if I was home, but since I'm active duty military I'm all over the place. I actually reserved in Atlanta (was living in Pensacola at the time). My situation was unique, see my explanation in this post: Model 3 delivery estimator

Reactions: lupend88