Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not far off at this point, but I'm skeptical of anything an employee tells us. I just don't think they're in the know. Where did you reserve? I was in Devon around 11am. No invite yet.
I reserved at the KOP store. I’m also a skeptic but I do try to stick by my orignal hope that I’d be in my car by my 48th bday in May. My sales rep thought that should be a real possibility as well.

Attachments

• F51615F3-E0DF-4CED-9B26-A6AF8026CE4E.jpeg
    F51615F3-E0DF-4CED-9B26-A6AF8026CE4E.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 125
A bit surprised, but I think the goal here was to get a few more orders in that they could delivery by the end of the quarter, and this depended on relative proximity to the factory and adequate delivery center capacity to actually deliver the vehicles. Once we get past the whole end of quarter rigmarole they'll go back to a more sensible order again until June.
I concur. Seems those online reservations that are gettting invites, VINs or even deliveries are all west coasters. Still I am seeing fellow line waiters in non-west coast states like MD and NY... c’mon PA!

Last edited:
I know there was a big open invite starting Feb 22 for non-tesla owners and employees. Are they still inviting people to configure daily or do they seem to do it in big batches?

They've been in weekly batches, although with their production rates at the moment they sometimes go 1 or 2 weeks without any invites going out. Expect the pace of invites to increase in April.

• Informative
Reactions: pmich80
They've been in weekly batches, although with their production rates at the moment they sometimes go 1 or 2 weeks without any invites going out. Expect the pace of invites to increase in April.
There was no batch last week, so I'm expecting another tomorrow or Thursday. Especially given that they just registered another 2k VINs yesterday.

Reactions: pmich80 and RTPEV
Here is my situation. I ordered the model 3 on the first day, I am also a current Tesla owner. I got my config email on January 4th of this year. I ran into some finance problems and was told to cancel my model 3 order and pre-order again with the back date of 4/1/16. So as of last week I still have the pre order on my account. I thought I would have been able to order the car again but it looks like I have to wait for the next wave of emails to get out? My Tesla.com estimator is showing 2019 but I don't think I will have to wait that long right?

Cross posting here for some data:

I just got an invite yesterday (April 6, 2018) at 6:24 PM ET (Virginia) for long range option, to be delivered in 3-6 weeks. I'm a non-owner, line waiter on March 31, 2016 at Tyson's Corner Mall in Northern VA. Unfortunately, I'm going to wait for at least dual motor all wheel drive, but also wanted to see what's the pricing on performance version. I would've selected the expected month of this year, but I see that they don't have an option for performance version to check off on.

I checked with @Troy estimator and so far, his estimator isn't far off. This was what I got from the estimator:
Configuration 12 Mar 2018
Production 3 Apr 2018
Delivery 21 Apr 2018
Time until delivery 15 days

On the side note, I finally took the time to figure out where Troy has gone to and for what reason (if some people like me do not know or bother to find out)... Sad to see this happen all from internet bullying. I'm not entirely sure this thread will have much use for data collection if he doesn't visit TMC that much often anymore...

Last edited:

I just got an invite yesterday (April 6, 2018) at 6:24 PM ET (Virginia) for long range option, to be delivered in 3-6 weeks. I'm a non-owner, line waiter on March 31, 2016 at Tyson's Corner Mall in Northern VA. Unfortunately, I'm going to wait for at least dual motor all wheel drive, but also wanted to see what's the pricing on performance version. I would've selected the expected month of this year, but I see that they don't have an option for performance version to check off on.

I checked with @Troy estimator and so far, his estimator isn't far off. This was what I got from the estimator:
Configuration 12 Mar 2018
Production 3 Apr 2018
Delivery 21 Apr 2018
Time until delivery 15 days

On the side note, I finally took the time to figure out where Troy has gone to and for what reason (if some people like me do not know or bother to find out)... Sad to see this happen all from internet bullying. I'm not entirely sure this thread will have much use for data collection if he doesn't visit TMC that much often anymore...
Internet bullying? Dude honestly I think Troy's a little too sensitive if he was offended by people 'disagreeing' with his posts. Like seriously? This is the internet - if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

Thanks for posting why Troy departed and where he went. Model 3 Delivery Estimator ♞
TMC lost a valuable contributor ... :cool:

TMC lost a valuable contributor ... :cool:
If we're going to mourn the loss, let's not forget that he was a maniacal ratings extortionist the likes of which I've never seen before. Let's not rehash the events, as they're captured in the history and it is not necessary to replow that ground, but I and others had issues with how he attempted to use forum ratings to mould discussions toward his opinions. I value multiple perspectives and participate in TMC to get those. Troy provided insightful analysis but also blatantly sidelined those that disagreed with him.

The delivery estimator is still up and working on google docs for those that want to try it out. I find it entertaining, but don't forget it's just one person's opinion of what the future will bring.

If we're going to mourn the loss, let's not forget that he was a maniacal ratings extortionist the likes of which I've never seen before. Let's not rehash the events, as they're captured in the history and it is not necessary to replow that ground, but I and others had issues with how he attempted to use forum ratings to mould discussions toward his opinions. I value multiple perspectives and participate in TMC to get those. Troy provided insightful analysis but also blatantly sidelined those that disagreed with him.

The delivery estimator is still up and working on google docs for those that want to try it out. I find it entertaining, but don't forget it's just one person's opinion of what the future will bring.
We couldn't provide Troy with a safe space online

This could get interesting ... Tesla Model 3 with dual motor now planned for July, says Elon Musk
:cool:
Tesla officially planned to release the Model 3 with dual motor all-wheel-drive in “mid-2018” and we have recently seen several signs that the new version of the vehicle is coming. Now CEO Elon Musk linked the release of the new Model 3 powertrain with the automaker achieving a production rate of 5,000 Model 3 vehicles per week, which he now expects to hit in July.

Earlier this year, we reported on Tesla registering 19 Model 3 VINs with dual motor powertrain with NHTSA in the latest batch of new VINs. It happened right after the Tesla Model 3 dual motor powertrain design (pictured above) leaked in the latest design studio update.

upload_2018-4-7_23-39-32.png

This could get interesting ... Tesla Model 3 with dual motor now planned for July, says Elon Musk
:cool:
Tesla officially planned to release the Model 3 with dual motor all-wheel-drive in “mid-2018” and we have recently seen several signs that the new version of the vehicle is coming. Now CEO Elon Musk linked the release of the new Model 3 powertrain with the automaker achieving a production rate of 5,000 Model 3 vehicles per week, which he now expects to hit in July.

Earlier this year, we reported on Tesla registering 19 Model 3 VINs with dual motor powertrain with NHTSA in the latest batch of new VINs. It happened right after the Tesla Model 3 dual motor powertrain design (pictured above) leaked in the latest design studio update.

View attachment 292581

Great news on AWD, @FlatSix911 .

So I went to recheck my delivery estimate. I don't understand: I'm late to reserve (2018-01-16), so how come both Tesla and the Delivery Estimator project I should get my car at end of 2018 or early 2019 (in Canada). If they only max 5k/week this year, it's estimated they'll produce maybe 150k vehicles this year. If I'm 480,000th on the list, how can I get my car any time near 2018?

In other words, what trajectory do people see production going above 5k/week? Will it be months or years before they get through the reservation backlog?

A lot of those on the list before you will wait for a $39,000 no option AWD. You will likely get a chance to order sooner to see if you will buy a highly optioned, higher margin AWD before them.

Some will wait even for the $35,000 RWD, likely even longer.

Last edited: