Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of those on the list before you will wait for a $39,000 no option AWD. You will likely get a chance to order sooner to see if you will buy a highly optioned, higher margin AWD before them.

Some will wait even for the $35,000 RWD, likely even longer.

You think Tesla takes that into account? Even my SR estimate is "early 2019". Again, that doesn't add up unless 80% of reservists are waiting for SR RWD, and I don't think that's right.

Still confused.

There is nearly universal agreement that Tesla prioritizes high margin car configurations. But not the same agreement that they should. Personally I think Tesla does a good job balancing the early deposit interests with profitability.

First SR models will be almost certainly be highly optioned, high margin cars.

You think Tesla takes that into account? Even my SR estimate is "early 2019". Again, that doesn't add up unless 80% of reservists are waiting for SR RWD, and I don't think that's right.

Still confused.
There are plenty of other configurations not yet available for which people have deferred, made up of various combinations of LR, RWD/AWD, white interior, non-PUP, etc. Most of which we don't have price information for. And we don't precisely know the US tax credit phase-out schedule. So it's a waiting/guessing game.

So- stood in line at a California dealership on 3/31/16, placed my order about noon, and am still waiting for an invitation to configure. Estimate says "March to May 2018." I have an email in to Tesla to see what's up- only thing I can figure is that I initially chose standard range, then when my estimated delivery leaped from "early 2018" to "late 2018," decided to go for long range and entered that preference. Maybe that put me behind a lot of people who committed to long range early on?

Maybe that put me behind a lot of people who committed to long range early on?
Your preference selection on the Tesla Delivery Estimate page has no influence on when you are invited to configure. Per the Tesla Model 3 FAQ: "Invitations will be sent based on the date and time you placed your reservation, whether you are an employee, if you own a Tesla, and if we have started production in your country."

Reactions: McFlurri
So- stood in line at a California dealership on 3/31/16, placed my order about noon, and am still waiting for an invitation to configure. Estimate says "March to May 2018." I have an email in to Tesla to see what's up- only thing I can figure is that I initially chose standard range, then when my estimated delivery leaped from "early 2018" to "late 2018," decided to go for long range and entered that preference. Maybe that put me behind a lot of people who committed to long range early on?
Maybe it's because you went to a dealership..... ;)

Tesla is about to hit the sales of 200,000 vehicles sold. After this Q1, where are we at? How many Tesla vehicles sold at this point? Are the $7,500 Fed tax incentive is still predicted to be over at end of Q3 2018?
If Tesla doesn't do anything to manipulate US deliveries, they will likely hit 200,000 US deliveries well before the end of Q2, which would result in the in tax credit being halved October 1st.

They are estimated to be slightly over 180,000 US deliveries at the end of Q1.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Tesla is about to hit the sales of 200,000 vehicles sold. After this Q1, where are we at? How many Tesla vehicles sold at this point? Are the $7,500 Fed tax incentive is still predicted to be over at end of Q3 2018?

Tesla was somewhere around 178k US deliveries after Q1. It's a bit up in the air whether they can/will ship more to foreign markets in order to push 200k to July 1st. If I had to bet, I'd say Tesla just focusses on ramping Model 3 as fast as possible. That would mean the Fed tax credit would go down to $3,750 on Oct. 1.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
It seems to vary widely. Sometimes there is a car that matches your configuration ready to go and you get to schedule pick-up right away. Others seem to be getting past the 6 week estimate due to maybe logistics with their delivery center or some shortage of certain configs. (For instance, I heard 18" Aero wheel orders were behind 19" wheel cars for a while.)
People started to trade notes on which body colors were getting delivered in particular weeks. I think they may do a "run" of cars in a certain color for a while before they reset the paint shop to start on the next color.

It seems to vary widely. Sometimes there is a car that matches your configuration ready to go and you get to schedule pick-up right away. Others seem to be getting past the 6 week estimate due to maybe logistics with their delivery center or some shortage of certain configs. (For instance, I heard 18" Aero wheel orders were behind 19" wheel cars for a while.)
People started to trade notes on which body colors were getting delivered in particular weeks. I think they may do a "run" of cars in a certain color for a while before they reset the paint shop to start on the next color.
Thank you for your response. It would be awesome if they had a delivery estimate progress bar, like Domino's pizza. They already give us the VIN number, they know exactly what they are going to do with it. This way I can line up the trade-in and the funds to be right on time.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Hello! My first post here. What is the current wait time between configuration and delivery? I configured 3 weeks back, my delivery location is San Diego.
Hi,
From the crowdsourced spreadsheet (from @Troy) this picture is available:
Model 3 Invites #2 (There are two identical files to avoid the 100 users limit)
upload_2018-4-14_6-17-35.png