Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thing that always killed me about the N line was that the “boost” feature only allows that peak hp for like 10 seconds. So those 3.3 0-60 quoted times are always with the Ngrin boost activated. I’ll be curious if their quoted 4600lb curb weight is correct. If that’s the case it’s basically model S curb weight. An estimated 11.2 isn’t exactly impressive if it’s pushing 640hp either. I’m curious to see some peoples actual 1/4mi once it’s out

Realistically, for people not tracking the car, 10s max power is all they need. I don't think I've ever gone WOT for more than 10s continuous on the road. Other performance cars have similarly duration-limited boosts.

The only question is how damaging it is to dip into this boost

If you look closely they appear to be plastic and can be removed.
The centre circles you screw or clip into, yeah but the surrounds look like part of the wheel. Will have to see of course, just mention it as some don't like the looks with the covers on but might not look great with the covers removed either if these are left behind.

Wonder why they've gone with this approach vs just clipping in? Is it because when people unclip them they can damage / mark the rims and this is how they get around that and still have a secure grip?

Standard big ol gap above the wheels. I guess that red one was lowered for photo/video purposes. Doubtful it has height adjusted suspension. I hope it doesn’t. Hopefully MPP makes some sport coilovers asap.
I wouldn’t mind air…lets you manipulate it for low low looks and raise it with a screen tap. Plaid/MSLR suspension tech isn’t bad at all…although I do have KW V3’s on the car now and they feel great too.

Skeptical. What proof is there that this isn’t a modified LR?

Tires rims…easy to get an AMarket and badge it tesla.
Spoiler…thousands available.
Ludicrous badge…Ali baba. $10.
A market rear diffuser? Easy.
Revamped bumper? Plenty of AMarket options even for current 3.

I have a 22’ LR ABoost and you tell me if it looks like a P or not.
(20” P rims, wider tires, CF spiller, tiny, AMarket diffuser, calipers painted black (could be red w/decals for $200).

Everything can be modified easily. Especially in China being the Mecca of available parts.

I’ll believe it when Tesla puts out an official statement. Until then, mods are mods.

IMG_1852.jpeg
IMG_1856.jpeg
IMG_1284.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind air…lets you manipulate it for low low looks and raise it with a screen tap. Plaid/MSLR suspension tech isn’t bad at all…although I do have KW V3’s on the car now and they feel great too.
Very doubtful the Model 3 P will ever have air suspension. It's not that type of car.

Skeptical. What proof is there that this isn’t a modified LR?

Tires rims…easy to get an AMarket and badge it tesla.
Spoiler…thousands available.
Ludicrous badge…Ali baba. $10.
A market rear diffuser? Easy.
Revamped bumper? Plenty of AMarket options even for current 3.

I have a 22’ LR ABoost and you tell me if it looks like a P or not.
(20” P rims, wider tires, CF spiller, tiny, AMarket diffuser, calipers painted black (could be red w/decals for $200).

Everything can be modified easily. Especially in China being the Mecca of available parts.

I’ll believe it when Tesla puts out an official statement. Until then, mods are mods.

View attachment 1024453View attachment 1024454View attachment 1024455
IMO the body parts that differentiate the LR to Ludicrous E.G the rear spoiler and diffuser, front lip, look to be OEM quality with good fitment. We know most the aftermarket stuff fits like doo doo

IMO the body parts that differentiate the LR to Ludicrous E.G the rear spoiler and diffuser, front lip, look to be OEM quality with good fitment. We know most the aftermarket stuff fits like doo doo
Mine doesn’t. 🤷🏽‍♂️ if you want to manufacture something to fit, you make a few starter pieces and perfect it. Mass produce…sure starts to mess up.

For this one off model, it’s easy to create a perfect piece to start. ‘ Looks to be’ is subjective and again all conjecture lol. We all want to see a P so badly that sometimes we ignore logical probability.

Other than a line underneath my dual motor, it ‘seems to be’ a Perf. 😏

• Funny
Reactions: Jeremy3292
No red line under Dual Motor badge
🤦🏽‍♂️ you get the point. That’s a $5 red line item.

One can make a rwd look like a P. Takes rims, badge, spoiler. Voila. The spoiler shown is not even a Tesla standard for the last 12 yrs since the 2012 MS P. All spoilers have taken a cue from the original CF MS.

Anyway…nice to see someone mod their M3 and try to pass it off :)

🤦🏽‍♂️ you get the point. That’s a $5 red line item.

One can make a rwd look like a P. Takes rims, badge, spoiler. Voila. The spoiler shown is not even a Tesla standard for the last 12 yrs since the 2012 MS P. All spoilers have taken a cue from the original CF MS.

Anyway…nice to see someone mod their M3 and try to pass it off :)
New front end
New rear end
New seats
New rims
New spoiler
Ludicrous badge (not Plaid)
EU QR code sticker
Black tape everywhere

Your premise is fine but your application to this scenario makes no logical sense. No one is manufacturing aftermarket parts for an unreleased car. Everything you did has been around for 7 years and is easily findable. Why would anyone stick black tape everywhere? 😂

New front end
New rear end
New seats
New rims
New spoiler
Ludicrous badge (not Plaid)
EU QR code sticker
Black tape everywhere

Your premise is fine but your application to this scenario makes no logical sense. No one is manufacturing aftermarket parts for an unreleased car. Everything you did has been around for 7 years and is easily findable. Why would anyone stick black tape everywhere? 😂
Why? Have you ever modded a car?
It’s fun and it’s a challenge.

I’m going with click bait until tesla announces. A highly successful click bait. Black tape means nothing. If you’re trying to pass it off, good job.

I’m not saying for an unreleased. I’m saying it’s possibly an LR designed to pass off as an incoming P. No one can substantiate other than Tesla when they are ready to.

Time will tell. 🤷🏽‍♂️ you guys can keep conjecturing and I’ll keep watching :)