Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was running MPP Page Mill disks in standard M3P sizes (355mm) + M3P calipers and Bonoss 15mm spacers on mine with Aero wheels for every day use absolutely no problem. No grinding necessary at all. I know that the MPP disks are slightly different than the standard ones (and way better heat management + lighter) vs offset.
I was thinking that running 18s would be nice for the winter and I like the idea of the Aeros to try and optimize the range as much as possible. So, the MPP rotors are 4mm thicker plus 15mm spacers minus 5mm for the more poitive offset of the Aeros, and you moved the wheels 14mm to the outside of the car. Any idea what impact that had on the range?

Curious if the real reason Tesla chose the summer tires for the M3P is because Elon thought it was necessary to have a 0-60 time starting with a 2 and if he had gone with an all season tire it would have been just over the 3 mark. With the MYP it was already at 3.5 anyway so there was no benefit to selecting a summer tire. Aside from the 0-60 time how could the inconvenience of summer only tires out weigh any perceives deficiencies with going with something like the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4?

I was thinking that running 18s would be nice for the winter and I like the idea of the Aeros to try and optimize the range as much as possible. So, the MPP rotors are 4mm thicker plus 15mm spacers minus 5mm for the more poitive offset of the Aeros, and you moved the wheels 14mm to the outside of the car. Any idea what impact that had on the range?
I was doing 235wh/mi average last summer with PS4S. 227wh/mi on a 230miles trip. Car lowered and running -3deg of camber front though.

Curious if the real reason Tesla chose the summer tires for the M3P is because Elon thought it was necessary to have a 0-60 time starting with a 2 and if he had gone with an all season tire it would have been just over the 3 mark. With the MYP it was already at 3.5 anyway so there was no benefit to selecting a summer tire. Aside from the 0-60 time how could the inconvenience of summer only tires out weigh any perceives deficiencies with going with something like the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4?
Well then why wouldn’t he go with a 19” lighter rim/tire combo and take off even more weight regardless of AS or summer?
Maybe 19’s high Perf AS would get 2.9 as well 🤷🏽‍♂️

My fastest 0-60 times with the current M3P have been with winter tyres on a cold damp road. Traction isn't an issue as many of us keep pointing out.

Oh yeah, i definitely made the right choice picking black
There no bad color for this shape I reckon, black always looks great, only trouble is keeping the little devils clean. haha. Red looks great, grey is subtle but nice, the blue is different, white always looks good.

Quicksilver would be amazing too but that wont be happening for a while.

It's a performance car. The long range exists for your needs