Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they need to clear out a ton of older 3Perf before they intro a new model and have to heavily discount the old one?
Dude, you're the one that posted the above, and you were shown factually there are 12 M3P's in inventory across the whole USA a week after Tesla announced the Highland was for sale in the USA yet we still have no M3P announcement. It was valid speculation on your part, but now you can see that isn't a logical reason for them to have not rolled out the M3P Highland yet. Where are you going with your other comments? Nobody is saying it wasn't a good question, but facts don't support it now that they are known.

• Disagree
Reactions: buckets0fun
Dude, you're the one that posted the above, and you were shown factually there are 12 M3P's in inventory across the whole USA a week after Tesla announced the Highland was for sale in the USA yet we still have no M3P announcement. It was valid speculation on your part, but now you can see that isn't a logical reason for them to have not rolled out the M3P Highland yet. Where are you going with your other comments? Nobody is saying it wasn't a good question, but facts don't support it now that they are known.
Wut?😂😂

I called out the ‘gone by end of week’, since crystal balls aren’t avail yet.

The motors are the same. The battery is the same. You claim the tires are the same.
What "mechanical" part is limiting it? I don't think most people would call "suspension" or "aero" to be "mechanical" limitations when discussing a car.
Yes, I believe it is the suspension and Aero changes. I believe the combination of those two things were the reason they decided to limit it to 125 mph.

Let me clear that I believe they could have solved those issues easily. They just chose not to because they have data that shows people with the RWD and LR cars almost never exceed 125 mph.

I believe the next Model 3 Performance will have no such limitation.

Wut?😂😂

It wasn’t clear what you were referring to from your post. However, yes my prediction appears to be premature at the very least. Somehow they found another 3 cars just today alone. It is up to 15 in inventory now.

I doubt they are still making the Performance Models so I am not sure where these new inventory cars are coming from.

IMG_1410.jpeg

Are you actually proposing that Tesla has delayed introducing the M3P highland because 15 cars is a "ton" of M3P's they need to clear out, and once those sell we'll see the M3P released? And that could be the end of the week?

Despite in every other country them being completely out of M3P's for months and you just can't get one? They have the car ready but are waiting for the USA to be cleared out? Even though they didn't wait for the RWD and LR versions in other countries and kept selling pre-highland in USA?

FYI, Tesla sould about 200K M3's in Q4 2023. Let's say 10% are M3P's. That's 222 M3P's per DAY for 90 days straight. 15 M3P's in inventory is not "a ton." It's literally 97 minutes of sales. Even if "a ton" was a week of sales, that would be 1500+ cars. Where are these cars hiding and when will Tesla start selling them?

Next time you throw out an idea and then someone points out some data that contradicts it, say "good point, thanks" not "How dare you bring up some facts! I said MAYBE and any further discussion on this is a personal attack!"

Are you actually proposing that Tesla has delayed introducing the M3P highland because 15 cars is a "ton" of M3P's they need to clear out, and once those sell we'll see the M3P released? And that could be the end of the week?

Despite in every other country them being completely out of M3P's for months and you just can't get one? They have the car ready but are waiting for the USA to be cleared out? Even though they didn't wait for the RWD and LR versions in other countries and kept selling pre-highland in USA?

FYI, Tesla sould about 200K M3's in Q4 2023. Let's say 10% are M3P's. That's 222 M3P's per DAY for 90 days straight. 15 M3P's in inventory is not "a ton." It's literally 97 minutes of sales. Even if "a ton" was a week of sales, that would be 1500+ cars. Where are these cars hiding and when will Tesla start selling them?

Next time you throw out an idea and then someone points out some data that contradicts it, say "good point, thanks" not "How dare you bring up some facts! I said MAYBE and any further discussion on this is a personal attack!"
Haha jeeeeebus I ain’t reading all that. You’re taking a single sentence with the quote above it and writing a novel.

Have a good night duder

Highland has no significant changes to the suspension or aero. It's the same chassis so the suspension is identical other than some claimed tweak to the length of a control arm here or there, and the slightly different shock valving. And it's the same body other than the slight change to the front bumper. Aero stability is mostly about the rear window and trunk lip, and somewhat affected by underbody panels, but regardless the difference between a car that's aerodynamically safe at 162mph vs 125mph is like the difference between a Ferrari and a pickup truck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gasaraki
No, they sell about 2,200 Model 3P's per day, so 15 cars is only 10 minutes of inventory.
2200 M3P's per day would be 200K M3P's per quarter. Yet Tesla sold only 485K total 3 and Y cars in Q4 2023.
Nobody has ever broken out the various trim and 3 vs X sales for Tesla, so we have to estimate how may were M3P's. But it for sure ain't 2200 per day.

Reactions: Gauss Guzzler
No, they sell about 2,200 Model 3P's per day, so 15 cars is only 10 minutes of inventory.

Also Highland has no significant changes to the suspension or aero. It's the same chassis so the suspension is identical other than some claimed tweak to the length of a control arm here or there, and the slightly different shock valving. And it's the same body other than the slight change to the front bumper. Aero stability is mostly about the rear window and trunk lip, and somewhat affected by underbody panels, but regardless the difference between a car that's aerodynamically safe at 162mph vs 125mph is like the difference between a Ferrari and a pickup truck.

Interesting discussion on the new M3 LR/SR suspension.

Reactions: Yelobird
I doubt they are still making the Performance Models so I am not sure where these new inventory cars are coming from.
At least in CA they are all "demo" cars so my guess is that they are just the last of the demos they were using that they had lying around and have zero use for given nobody can buy a M3P right now and anything they test drive will not be what they can eventually order.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
At least in CA they are all "demo" cars so my guess is that they are just the last of the demos they were using that they had lying around and have zero use for given nobody can buy a M3P right now and anything they test drive will not be what they can eventually order.
It is down to 10 cars now. However, I think almost all of them are California cars with close to zero miles on them. They appear to be brand new according to the listings. It could be wrong though.

The bottom line is that there aren’t many brand new Model 3 Performance cars left to buy.

IMG_1442.png

If you go to tesla.com and search on a Los Angeles area zip code like 90210, it returns 15 Model 3 Performances. It shows 8 of them as demo vehicles and 7 as new vehicles. Fremont, CA returned 4 Model 3 Performances, and the other zip codes I tried around the country returned 0. I guess if you want a Model 3 Performance right now, Los Angeles is the place to be.