Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tires are definitely Pirelli Pzero tires but I couldn’t tell what size they are.
1709370075669.gif

Will Tesla remove the "1-foot roll-out" and rate the new 3 (and Y for that matter) the same as the current S/X? The 1-foot roll-out does REDUCE a vehicle's 0 to 60 times. And that means nothing on the street. Not that I'm condoning street racing.

Last edited:
Will Tesla remove the "1-foot roll-out" and rate the new 3 (and Y for that matter) the same as the current S/X? The 1-foot roll-out does REDUCE a vehicle's 0 to 60 times. And that means nothing on the street. Not that I'm condoning street racing.
I'm fine with 1ft rollout. Everyone seems to do it. Plaid is fun at stoplights. You're at the speed limit and have to lift before you've even crossed the intersection. 😅

Most people are over hyping this car.
It will have the same old performance battery
Will make slightly more power and might not fall off as much at speed
It will not have a carbon wrapped plaid motor. Instead it will have the same hairpin one in the model y performance.
You will get nicer seats and a stick on spoiler.
The body in white will be identical
I think "Slightly more" is off base. It'll have 650-700+ in Ludicrous form.
I think also wrong on the motor.
Stick on spoiler is fine.
Won't fall of nearly as much at speed.

I would be surprised if Tesla isn't making enough of an upgrade to compete with the likes of the 640 HP Hyundai Ioniq 5 N.

I would be surprised if Tesla isn't making enough of an upgrade to compete with the likes of the 640 HP Hyundai Ioniq 5 N.
The Ioniq 5N isn’t really as impressive as some make it out to be. It is really heavy so it will never be incredibly quick. It does hold decent power at high speeds though.

IMG_2744.jpeg

Since the old 3P is rated conservatively from Tesla, it could definitely have 650 actual hp now.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
The Ioniq 5N will probably be 900 lbs heavier than a Model 3 Performance. It is a portly lad.
The thing that always killed me about the N line was that the “boost” feature only allows that peak hp for like 10 seconds. So those 3.3 0-60 quoted times are always with the Ngrin boost activated. I’ll be curious if their quoted 4600lb curb weight is correct. If that’s the case it’s basically model S curb weight. An estimated 11.2 isn’t exactly impressive if it’s pushing 640hp either. I’m curious to see some peoples actual 1/4mi once it’s out

The new motor was leaked months ago in European fillings. The same as it was leaked via those fillings that Matrix headlights were coming to the Highland (Now shipping) and to the older Model 3 and Y with matrix lights (Not yet shipped but we know should be coming). This car will have the 5D1 motor in the rear.

Not sure on the battery, the Model 3 Performance from China uses the same LG battery that the LR does and the car is slower than when it had the Panasonic battery. It's been like this for a while. See the following link in this forum: Model 3 Performance - Q2/3 2022 LG battery, significantly reduced power at upper end

I feel if they fit it with more powerful motors then it might not be all that faster at all if they don't do something with the battery. I'd love to see the Performance go back to a slightly larger battery than the LR to partially make up for being less efficient, along with that being a means to pump more juice to the motors quicker. I think battery chemistry has moved forwards that they could get a few more kWh in the same space.

Reactions: phantasms
In America the battery will be the Panasonic NCA 82 kWh pack made in Nevada. It’s the best pack for power, charging curve, etc. It has higher nickel content. Idk about EU and China but I’m not a fan of the LG NMC 79 kWh pack. It’s fine for the LR model I guess, but it’s not a “performance” battery.

Reactions: phantasms