Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no way 35% is totally fine. im aging somewhat and my eyes are def going especially at night. Im doing 20% sides/back and 70% windsheild. HOWEVER i would love more input from the crew here. Bc i was told from an expensive shop that all model 3 rears are done in 2 pieces. I thought there were places doing it in 1 piece. AND this guy wants $1475 all around. And $1200 for the bumper only PPF highway robbery?
I was quoted about $550 for llumar ceramic all windows (except for windshield) and one piece rear. They are probably telling you 2 piece bc their equipment that cuts the pieces are too narrow (this is what the tint guy told me.)

Question for all ...

OD date 1/10 no end in sight .

Credit application expired should I resubmit another one or wait till I get a Vin? I have no idea if that will delay my issuance of VIN.
Were you informed that your credit app expired? I heard some people say that when they do it through Tesla the app won’t actually update to say that the application expired, and they just pull the credit again.

I’ve been wondering what it looks like so I know what to do

The wait for white interior did change a few weeks ago on the Model 3 order page, before they changed the long range to say "May" delivery, selecting the white interior would change it to "May."
Yeah so this implies people who ordered white interior in early January will have the car delivered in the same month as people who ordered two months later? When I ordered my AWD white interior on 1/10, the EDD was Jan - Feb. Don’t understand why Tesla keeps using this fake EDD on order pages.

Seen this the other day.. couldn’t believe my eyes
IMG_0402.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056
no way 35% is totally fine. im aging somewhat and my eyes are def going especially at night. Im doing 20% sides/back and 70% windsheild. HOWEVER i would love more input from the crew here. Bc i was told from an expensive shop that all model 3 rears are done in 2 pieces. I thought there were places doing it in 1 piece. AND this guy wants $1475 all around. And $1200 for the bumper only PPF highway robbery?
Question on tinting in Virginia...you're only allowed 50% on front windows and 35% on back windows and back windshield. In the past I've just done 50% across the board. what are y'alls opinion on doing the 50% in front and then 35% in the back? I want it to look classy and professional as I'm in sales and just turned 50

Hallelujah. Received my VIN this morning and a new delivery date of 2/25-3/31. I changed my wheels from Nova to Photon last week, maybe that helped.
Congratulations. I am pretty sure changing to the basic wheels helped. I've noticed in the spreadsheet most early OD of 1/9-1/10 AWD with19" wheels are still waiting for VINs.
Also, I have the same configuration as yourself and exact same EDD of 03/15-03/31.

Reactions: R12RS
Were you informed that your credit app expired? I heard some people say that when they do it through Tesla the app won’t actually update to say that the application expired, and they just pull the credit again.

You just noticed that you have tasks to complete in the app, and you can see your offer expired. You have to repeat it from scratch, putting again all the information. I move from 72 to 60 months which was more wise due to the savings in interest and got lower rate for 1%.

Last edited:
Reactions: Javid010

I got a message this morning it expired I gotta resubmit it.

I am gonna wait for my VIN to be issued .

Reactions: Javid010
Wow @rislas, just checked the spreadsheet and your EDD has been moving daily for the past few days. I hope that's a good sign. Good luck to both of us with the exact same Ultra Red config. 🤞
Good luck to you both, guys. I have the exact same config as well but ordered mine on 2/18, so I'm patiently waiting but much farther back than you two. Hopefully you get some solid VIN and delivery news soon ;)

• Love
Reactions: happyelegance