Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just to give folks another data point.
Order date: 1/10
Blue/White Photon LR
Last update June end
Complained several times by text to a SA in NJ
Got a call last week offering LR 3 alternatives in different colors and wheels, all black interiors.
Gave up on my original combo and took red/ black. Delivery last Saturday.
Car was thankfully flawless, delivery experience in NJ was not great (after telling me my financing approved 3 months ago was still good on the App, suddenly while sitting in the new car, told me I need to fill out a fresh application- anyway with an hours delay was done).
So I compromised on my original choice but surprisingly like the new one. Car is great- major improvement on my 21 LR in all respects.
Came with 30 day FSD.
Congrats! I love my Ultra Red!

Reactions: ancpratt and Akr
For those looking with black interior … Indianapolis has 3 LR a few SR

IMG_ACD7D1B2A55C-3.jpeg
IMG_ACD7D1B2A55C-2.jpeg
IMG_ACD7D1B2A55C-1.jpeg

When I view this on the web, I don't see the 'Available Now in Indianapolis' wording. I assume you're seeing this on mobile?
I just plugged in an indianapolis zip code and when you click through to "order" on the model 3 page. the available ones show on the right margin. Just call your local delivery center and tell them you want to switch to an available model and point them to one of these. They would much rather get rid of inventory on hand. You may have to make a few calls to get it done but that's the way it is.

1713367270031.png

I just plugged in an indianapolis zip code and when you click through to "order" on the model 3 page. the available ones show on the right margin. Just call your local delivery center and tell them you want to switch to an available model and point them to one of these. They would much rather get rid of inventory on hand. You may have to make a few calls to get it done but that's the way it is.

View attachment 1039346
Very interesting. I don't see this on my end. It just lets me set up an order, and there's nothing about similar designs.
I'm wondering if this is because of the franchise laws here.

Reactions: zoomer0056
So I switched to black int/white ext. (long story but I’m happy with decision)

Delivery confirmed for 4/22.

Soo.. a very nuanced question for those with experience w/ Tesla.

Sold my car to CarMax on 4/15.
They mailed check to finance company yesterday, 4/16. Snail mail, ETA ~2-3 days.
Finance company, (CapOne) relayed they estimate “5” days for account closure but it’s typically done same day.

Tesla approved my application quickly but require me to upload the payoff letter for previous loan.

All I have is the Bill of Sale from CarMax for now.. I uploaded that and it’s currently under review.

Hopefully it’ll be wrapped up by Friday and I’ll be able to submit the payoff letter then. Hopefully!

Won’t be a huge deal if I have to push back delivery a few days but am wondering if there are any exceptions to be made here, and will the BoS temporarily suffice?

Had my delivery scheduled for today, but Tesla messaged me Sunday and told me that my vehicle was on site and I could take delivery earlier if I wanted. So I picked it up Monday evening (happy tax day to me, a tax professional). Slight hiccup, as they didn't have all my paperwork printed and the one person who apparently could handle that task was tied up with something else. Actual signing and payment tasks were smooth, just spent a lot of time waiting for paperwork to be produced. Start to finish took a little over an hour. Car was mostly flawless. Very slight misalignment on the ambient light strip on the passenger side, but probably not enough to complain about. Drove it straight to the shop that's doing a full ceramic coat and front bra PPF.

Incidentally, there were a ton of cybertrucks in the lot when I got there. Was the first time I had ever seen one in person. Out of curiosity, I visited the Cybertruck order page and EDD on all models was 2025. So these must all be fulfilling current orders. Haven't spotted any in the wild yet. Anyway, just a dull tidbit.

Good luck out there, white seaters. Can confirm black looks great if you get tired of waiting.

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat. When my Feb 2nd LR SG/White order got pushed into a Jul 7 - Aug 18 window last week, I changed to a black interior that day. Six days later, I’m still showing the same late EDD window. Not what I expected with so many folks here stating they got an updated EDD and possibly a VIN not too long after changing. I did stop by and talked to my SA three days after the change and he did check inventory and saw that there weren’t any LR Ultra Red / Black cars with 18” Photon wheels (my updated order) in the system. There were several with the 19” wheels, though.
Just to chime in here - I’m also in the same boat. I’m a 1/10 order date, Red/White, 19” wheels, New England area, and having been pushed out numerous times, I finally hit my breaking point last week when it was pushed to May/June and just lost confidence that they’d start making white interiors anytime soon. Switch to black interior hoping for a quick EDD update or VIN and 8 days later still no change. No VIN and same EDD - so just like you. Reached out today to Tesla and they confirmed my order is still open for assignment but said “shows a possible early May delivery date” so fingers crossed. Seems like EDDs don’t change when switching from white to black interiors until you get a VIN or they locate a car for you. And the time it takes for that seems highly dependent on where you’re taking delivery.

Just to chime in here - I’m also in the same boat. I’m a 1/10 order date, Red/White, 19” wheels, New England area, and having been pushed out numerous times, I finally hit my breaking point last week when it was pushed to May/June and just lost confidence that they’d start making white interiors anytime soon. Switch to black interior hoping for a quick EDD update or VIN and 8 days later still no change. No VIN and same EDD - so just like you. Reached out today to Tesla and they confirmed my order is still open for assignment but said “shows a possible early May delivery date” so fingers crossed. Seems like EDDs don’t change when switching from white to black interiors until you get a VIN or they locate a car for you. And the time it takes for that seems highly dependent on where you’re taking delivery.
This is where I'm stuck. I've already waited months for my order and have an EDD of Early May - Early June. If I still have to wait until May for a black interior I will stick it out and wait for the white interior since that is what I really want. What make me almost want to pull the trigger and switch to black int. is that once May comes around my order will be bumped back again.

ALSO, two things I forgot to add...

1) My Full Self Drive transfer went through without a hitch on Monday, even though my delivery estimate @ order date extended past 3/31 and I took delivery well after 3/31. So it seems they are continuing to honor the transfers. The app made it clear that my trade-in was valued with FSD taken into account, so I felt confident going in, but you never know. Though the cameras weren't calibrated yet, FSD showed up immediately on the new car (and in the app) as soon as I took delivery in the app.

2) Since I was trading in a Tesla, I asked if I could keep the charging cable and the J-1772 adapter from my old car. They said they didn't care, so I took them with me. Realized after I left that the new car came with an adapter (but not the cable).

This is where I'm stuck. I've already waited months for my order and have an EDD of Early May - Early June. If I still have to wait until May for a black interior I will stick it out and wait for the white interior since that is what I really want. What make me almost want to pull the trigger and switch to black int. is that once May comes around my order will be bumped back again.
Worth rolling the dice imo.
All depends on your area though.
If you’re not out in the boonies, think it’s worth to wait it out a bit longer, then worst case switch to black. Past days have shown a ramp in LR Black Int production, deliveries (like 5-6 became available in FL last night, and I took them up on it) So regardless, if the trend continues.. think there will be solid amount of options available in May.

1) My Full Self Drive transfer went through without a hitch on Monday, even though my delivery estimate @ order date extended past 3/31 and I took delivery well after 3/31. So it seems they are continuing to honor the transfers. The app made it clear that my trade-in was valued with FSD taken into account, so I felt confident going in, but you never know. Though the cameras weren't calibrated yet, FSD showed up immediately on the new car (and in the app) as soon as I took delivery in the app.

2) Since I was trading in a Tesla, I asked if I could keep the charging cable and the J-1772 adapter from my old car. They said they didn't care, so I took them with me. Realized after I left that the new car came with an adapter (but not the cable).
Thanks for the info that the FSD Transfer went through! Good to have a data point where it actually worked!
And haha @ asking to keep the charger. I have zero plans to ask, it's not my fault they want to charge for them now. :p.

They told me they only wanted the two card keys, so I kept mine as well knowing it wasn't coming with the cable. And, I didn't want to buy a new one if I didn't have to. I didn't realize it would come with the adapter again either, so I have two now also.

Thanks for the info that the FSD Transfer went through! Good to have a data point where it actually worked!
And haha @ asking to keep the charger. I have zero plans to ask, it's not my fault they want to charge for them now. :p.
I read somewhere before I went that Tesla wasn't much concerned with getting the charging cable back because they aren't included with new cars, so not selling with used would be consistent. And it was already past closing at this point and the SA was anxious to go home, so I asked only because I knew what the answer would be 😇

I also legit only had 1 key card to turn in.

What do you mean by “charge cable “? Do you mean the mobile charger?

I checked inventory and there are 3 LR black interior 3's in OKC. Might reach out and see about switching for one of them? Black, blue and red it shows.
This was super helpful. After I read your comment, I looked into it and sure enough all I have to do is drive and pick it up. Within an hour I had my vin assigned and selected my delivery date. Appreciate your help.