Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just posted this question for the upcoming Tesla Q1 Earnings Q&A.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1713402595730.png

Finally got to see it and drive it today, had it delivered home last week but I was 1200 miles away.
Wow, is all I can say. Amazing car! One of the best I’ve ever driven, and I’ve driven a lot of nice cars. 1000% Worth the wait.
It’s first EV, but I got used to one pedal driving quickly. The turn signal is another story lol. But the car is overwhelmingly nice, it’s hard to get annoyed at a minor thing like that.
It’s first trip was to Home Depot to buy charger install materials. I easily got a 10ft conduit from trunk to passenger footwell 😊

Attachments

• IMG_2076.jpeg
    IMG_2076.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2074.jpeg
    IMG_2074.jpeg
    922 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2071.jpeg
    IMG_2071.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 5
Posted in another area but figured I’d get a quicker response here. I live in Miami and am wondering if there’s any risk to mounting wall connector outside.

We get beat down by heavy rain & sunlight all year. The connector looks very solid and sealed but I dunno…

Posted in another area but figured I’d get a quicker response here. I live in Miami and am wondering if there’s any risk to mounting wall connector outside.

We get beat down by heavy rain & sunlight all year. The connector looks very solid and sealed but I dunno…
I'm pretty sure they are rated for outdoors. Although, if you *can* mount it indoors and shield it from the elements.. That could only help it's life span

Reactions: zoomer0056
I have the same concerns as you. I live down in the keys. I inspected the charger that was installed my house. It seems very well sealed environmently. Also the front cover is actually glass. With that being said I still felt better installing it under the middle of my house (house on stilts), rather than on the outside pillar.

I've been getting nowhere with this guy
View attachment 1039495
Not to be pedantic, but are you *sure* you changed the interior and confirmed that change? You should have received an email with an updated order agreement, and the change should also show in the "vehicle details" page in the app. Assuming you did that, I can relate to the representatives not being helpful (or not being trained on how to be helpful) in this particular situation. As others have done, have you searched on the app for available models in your configuration at nearby dealerships? Not to give false hope, but after having an unhelpful interaction very similar to the one you posted, i shortly got a VIN sent to me. Sadly, it may be a case of keep trying until something happens.

Not to be pedantic, but are you *sure* you changed the interior and confirmed that change? You should have received an email with an updated order agreement, and the change should also show in the "vehicle details" page in the app. Assuming you did that, I can relate to the representatives not being helpful (or not being trained on how to be helpful) in this particular situation. As others have done, have you searched on the app for available models in your configuration at nearby dealerships? Not to give false hope, but after having an unhelpful interaction very similar to the one you posted, i shortly got a VIN sent to me. Sadly, it may be a case of keep trying until something happens.
Yes I've done all of the above. I've received my email and checked my availability within "all deliverable". I asked the SA after done all I could've done, but they mostly say whole lot of nothing. Hopefully if I text or call again I get a different representative that could help me come to a resolution with my questions.

I feel like a unicorn because I helped my son order this week on April 16th:

M3LR Stealth Grey / Black Interior / 18" and chose cash as payment / Live in Lynnwood, WA and the Tesla dealership is less than a mile away.

Got a VIN today and can schedule delivery starting today to April 26th! I need to hurry and finalize the financing. I remember when I ordered my MY chosing cash helped speed up the process but I can't confirm that is why my delivery went so fast.

Ordered highland 1/10. Learned via Reuters of availability but not a word from Tesla.
White on white, RWD.

DD constantly pushed back to May and maybe beyond, who knows?

In disgust, on 4/11, we found a red with black interior in inventory 100 miles away.
Did the deal in a day.

We are very happy with the vehicle, but not so much with Tesla communications :-()

I live on Long Island NY less than 1/2 mile from the ocean on one side and 100 feet from a saltwater bay on the other, with a lot of salt in the air. My wall connector was installed totally exposed in my driveway on the side of my house in September 2021. It's gone through driving rain and snow storms. It's been plugged into my 2022 model s in 6 inches of salt water several times. The wall connector has never so much as hiccupped. Totally solid and reliable. No problem at all outside. There are also 2 showrooms near me with outdoor chargers that are really just wall connectors on posts. I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited: