Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't really think that we can have much influence on this whole ordeal, but in addition to contacting some journalists, some YouTubers, and some Tesla executives (the latter on LinkedIn), I've now sent messages to Tesla's board and Tesla's investor relations department. I'm an investor and will try to raise this issue at the investor meeting this coming Tuesday. Again, I doubt we can have any influence, but -- for a company that has had a lot of bad news lately -- wouldn't you want to deliver cars to people who are ready to pay for them?

I'll add my experience....traded in my old Model 3.....ordered LR highland, white exterior, black interior, 18"

3/26 ordered
4/8 received VIN
4/15 took delivery in Paramus NJ

Delivery process was really well organized, drove away about 30min after my appointment time. Paperwork was a breeze, constant flow of people taking deliveries.

Car is a huge upgrade over my late 2018 car, beautiful design. Paint job looks perfect, interior accent lights perfectly aligned. When I got it back home in the garage, saw two small issues that I missed in Paramus:

1. The trunk lid is slightly misaligned on the passenger side.....of course my wife saw it, I missed it.
2. The rear top glass roof seems to have a slight bulge in it on one side.....very strange, can only notice it with certain light at certain angles.

It's worth the wait, hang in there.

I don't really think that we can have much influence on this whole ordeal, but in addition to contacting some journalists, some YouTubers, and some Tesla executives (the latter on LinkedIn), I've now sent messages to Tesla's board and Tesla's investor relations department. I'm an investor and will try to raise this issue at the investor meeting this coming Tuesday. Again, I doubt we can have any influence, but -- for a company that has had a lot of bad news lately -- wouldn't you want to deliver cars to people who are ready to pay for them?
exactly. i don't understand why they make cars that people didn't ask for and ignore ones that a bunch of people are waiting for.

I’ve been obsessing about this car since last April 2023,,, took me a few months
And 3 times renting Teslas just to try to convince my wife. This is a perfect car for us,, I have prosthetic legs and I love the one pedal driving.. and like 20 other reasons why I love the car…. still not in love with it she’s coming around… so I order it January 10th .. sold my Mercedes S class beginning of February
Thinking me and my wife could use our mercedes ml for a couple weeks,,, and then well, one week after that, her brakes went out. needs complete brake job all components are rusted out and repair cost what bluebook value is for the vehicle… so now I’m borrowing families vehicles every day to get me my wife and my son places they need to go… and I keep telling her couple more weeks couple more weeks for the last five months.. starting to cause problems in my life she wants me to cancel this whole ordeal and move on when we have a closet full of Tesla accessories and a new charger installed in our garage it’s becoming real tense between my family because of this damn delay… at this point I’m fine with getting the black seats even though I’m not ok with it but I don’t know what else to do but I don’t even think I’ll get it that much sooner than if I just hold out for a little longer for the white interior….

sorry for the long post just needed to share..
thanks, everybody..
coming to this form daily Hell hourly has been the only thing keeping me going.lol
I’m sorry about plight. I completely understand. I too have a hallway full of accessories for my yet to be built M3. I sold my X3 in September thinking they would introduce it in the fourth quarter last year. So I’m now renting a Tesla monthly and I use the charger I installed in December to charge it. I know getting one is absolutely the right decision. I’m also thinking about switching to black seats. But I just can’t. I expect to keep this car a long time and I don’t want to compromise. So here we wait.

I'll add my experience....traded in my old Model 3.....ordered LR highland, white exterior, black interior, 18"

3/26 ordered
4/8 received VIN
4/15 took delivery in Paramus NJ

Delivery process was really well organized, drove away about 30min after my appointment time. Paperwork was a breeze, constant flow of people taking deliveries.

Car is a huge upgrade over my late 2018 car, beautiful design. Paint job looks perfect, interior accent lights perfectly aligned. When I got it back home in the garage, saw two small issues that I missed in Paramus:

1. The trunk lid is slightly misaligned on the passenger side.....of course my wife saw it, I missed it.
2. The rear top glass roof seems to have a slight bulge in it on one side.....very strange, can only notice it with certain light at certain angles.

It's worth the wait, hang in there.
So here's my issue. Why is it that you placed an order on 3/26 and have your vehicle already, where I placed mine on 3/4 and am still waiting. The only difference in our builds is you have the white exterior and I have the stealth grey.

Reactions: zoomer0056
See that’s why I don’t wanna switch to Black feels like we’ve waited so long that now we’ll have to wait regardless the same amount of time for white or black interior at this point
Dan - see my posts above in this thread. I had a VIN within 48 hours of switching the interior in the app. From my experience, it does not change automatically but if you call and make it clear what you want (even if the calls do not seem helpful), they can definitely make it happen. I was about an hour away from cancelling altogether and now expecting delivery next week. Not an ideal way of going about things but you have to give them a nudge. There are black interior 2024 3s widely available in the US right now, may just be a few weeks until you actually take possession.

So here's my issue. Why is it that you placed an order on 3/26 and have your vehicle already, where I placed mine on 3/4 and am still waiting. The only difference in our builds is you have the white exterior and I have the stealth grey.
I would guess that because he's/she's in the NYC greater metro that they are constantly shipping cars up that way and thus more availability. Areas like Tulsa probably don't get nearly the same volume of shipments.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Dan - see my posts above in this thread. I had a VIN within 48 hours of switching the interior in the app. From my experience, it does not change automatically but if you call and make it clear what you want (even if the calls do not seem helpful), they can definitely make it happen. I was about an hour away from cancelling altogether and now expecting delivery next week. Not an ideal way of going about things but you have to give them a nudge. There are black interior 2024 3s widely available in the US right now, may just be a few weeks until you actually take possession.
Did you call your local tesla or the general customer service number? I think I’ll need to call and nudge them

Reactions: LobsterLover
Did you call your local tesla or the general customer service number? I think I’ll need to call and nudge them
I sent a message in the chat feature of the app on day 1 saying "hey, please give me an updated EDD if possible" and got a form response back saying "EDDs are based on production and cannot be changed, etc." On day 3, I sent another chat msg saying I am considering cancelling then called the toll free number on the website. When I did, my understanding is that it rang or was routed through to a person at my delivery center in Atlanta. That person was extra unhelpful to the point of being kind of rude. As I was sitting there a few hours later on day 3 considering cancelling, I got a text saying I have a VIN and then it showed in the app right away. Long winded answer to your question, but may be helpful for others. Not sure what attempt triggered the change, but seemed to be a call to general # that was handled locally.

Hi guys! Just switched over from Mkv Supra forums to this one. I ordered 4/7 and I just received dates with actual days on them. I thought it was going to be a lot sooner but after lurking for a few weeks it looks like it's normal to see some push back.

unfortunately I was hoping to do a road trip in this tesla to go see my girlfriend for a concert in July, and also see her end of August for her birthday. After seeing these dates I do feel a bit stupid and fustrated as this ruins a lot of plans.

I ordered Long Range in Red, black interior and 18" wheels.
Screenshot_20240416_184240_Tesla.jpg

I literally can't believe I just realized I had accidentally selected white interior this whole time. 😅 I just changed to black. Hopefully this cuts my delivery date back....cab anyone confirm this?
You have too much money. A $1,500 accident?! 😅😃😆 Glad you caught it. You'll know best about delivery time, as it will update in your app. Hopefully, sooner.

Hi guys! Just switched over from Mkv Supra forums to this one. I ordered 4/7 and I just received dates with actual days on them. I thought it was going to be a lot sooner but after lurking for a few weeks it looks like it's normal to see some push back.

unfortunately I was hoping to do a road trip in this tesla to go see my girlfriend for a concert in July, and also see her end of August for her birthday. After seeing these dates I do feel a bit stupid and fustrated as this ruins a lot of plans.

I ordered Long Range in Red, black interior and 18" wheels.
View attachment 1039127
Most probably you will be ok with black interior. White interior is “problemo”!

I sent a message in the chat feature of the app on day 1 saying "hey, please give me an updated EDD if possible" and got a form response back saying "EDDs are based on production and cannot be changed, etc." On day 3, I sent another chat msg saying I am considering cancelling then called the toll free number on the website. When I did, my understanding is that it rang or was routed through to a person at my delivery center in Atlanta. That person was extra unhelpful to the point of being kind of rude. As I was sitting there a few hours later on day 3 considering cancelling, I got a text saying I have a VIN and then it showed in the app right away. Long winded answer to your question, but may be helpful for others. Not sure what attempt triggered the change, but seemed to be a call to general # that was handled locally.
So just to give folks another data point.
Order date: 1/10
Blue/White Photon LR
Last update June end
Complained several times by text to a SA in NJ
Got a call last week offering LR 3 alternatives in different colors and wheels, all black interiors.
Gave up on my original combo and took red/ black. Delivery last Saturday.
Car was thankfully flawless, delivery experience in NJ was not great (after telling me my financing approved 3 months ago was still good on the App, suddenly while sitting in the new car, told me I need to fill out a fresh application- anyway with an hours delay was done).
So I compromised on my original choice but surprisingly like the new one. Car is great- major improvement on my 21 LR in all respects.
Came with 30 day FSD.

I switched to black seats a week ago and I’m still waiting for an update😞 EDD still says June 13-30 from when I had white interior on my order. I asked on the app and they said they have no visibility into orders and I should just keep checking the app. In person showroom was surprised I’ve been waiting so long, and said there are no blue LR available.

I ordered 1/10 and this wait is unbearable 😭
I’m in the same boat. When my Feb 2nd LR SG/White order got pushed into a Jul 7 - Aug 18 window last week, I changed to a black interior that day. Six days later, I’m still showing the same late EDD window. Not what I expected with so many folks here stating they got an updated EDD and possibly a VIN not too long after changing. I did stop by and talked to my SA three days after the change and he did check inventory and saw that there weren’t any LR Ultra Red / Black cars with 18” Photon wheels (my updated order) in the system. There were several with the 19” wheels, though.

Reactions: kire41
I checked inventory and there are 3 LR black interior 3's in OKC. Might reach out and see about switching for one of them? Black, blue and red it shows.