Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a shame about the acceleration, one of the main reasons I am buying my first Tesla is because of the instant acceleration, I did notice that in a couple of videos when people were doing the 0-60 times, I was thinking it looked a bit lagged and slow of the line.
Yes, the acceleration off the line felt very unlike a Tesla for the RWD model. To me, it's not just missing the "fun factor" that I've always associated with prior Teslas but also makes me feel like I'm likely to overestimate its capabilities and get into a bad situation (e.g. when merging).

But if it's your first Tesla, it might seem just fine to you. You may want to consider doing a test drive if there's one nearby.

Out of curiosity, did you check or notice if “Obstacle aware acceleration” was on? I have a 2018 M3 LR, and I have found that setting utterly kills acceleration off a light. Well, okay, still faster than most other cars on the road, but it’s horrible for Tesla standards. Turning that setting off made it back to normal!
I did not check. Maybe I'll go back and do another test drive this weekend.

For what it's worth, both my LEMR and SR+ have "Obstacle aware acceleration" turned on and I haven't seen this degree of limitation in the acceleration in either of them.

I went for a test drive today (first day M3 demo was available in Nashville :confused:) and asked the advisor about it. She said that FSD transfer would likely only be honored past 3/31 if the full estimated delivery window was within Q1 AT THE TIME YOU ORDERED. So if you got a Mar-Apr delivery window at the time you ordered, then she's thinking the transfer won't be honored unless you actually take delivery by 3/31.

What sucks is I ordered 2/3 and have the email to prove it, though the app says my order date was 2/4. I could have sworn my EDD showed Feb-Mar in the app the day I ordered, but I can't prove it - I didn't take any screen shots. On 2/4, the day the FSD transfer was announced and the app *says* I ordered, my EDD range was Mar-Apr. So that may mean, unless they get their logistics worked out, that you only get FSD transfer on a new M3 if you ordered it before the FSD transfer was announced.

Today, I got an update with a window of 4/2-5/14, though I see others who ordered the same day as me getting EDDs before 3/31. So it's kinda wild that my ability to transfer FSD may also depend entirely on where I live. At this point, I'm leaning toward not taking delivery, and waiting until the next FSD transfer offer comes along. Don't know.
I will try to stop by the delivery center and see if Tesla can give some clarification on this….i assume there will be several orders that will be impacted like this

Long time lurker but I decided to finally post my data point.

Order date: 1/10 @ 4:50pm Pacific (app shows 1/11 order date)
LR, Stealth Grey, White Interior, 18”
Las Vegas

Original date: Feb-Mar
Update 1: Feb 13 - Mar 12

That’s it. No update in a few weeks now. I’m going a little crazy. 😜
Same build homie im with ya lol. Hang in there, I’m going crazy too 😂