Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, my EDD updated yesterday as I told you, and it made me agree to the Tesla Vision, but I never got a VIN. Is that normal? I’ve been seeing that you’re supposed to get a VIN after agreeing to that. Should I contact my SA?
If you haven't already sent a message I'd give it a few days, your reservation is moving in the right direction with your EDD window tightening up and the Tesla Vision disclaimer coming through.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I ordered a 2024 Tesla Model 3 LR early morning on Jan 10. Initially I was given a EDD of Jan/Feb. A couple of weeks later, it was changed to Feb 29 - Mar 31. This morning it has been pushed back 2 months. My EDD is now Apr/May. The same EDD a new LR order Is showing. Ugh!!

I ordered a 2024 Tesla Model 3 LR early morning on Jan 10. Initially I was given a EDD of Jan/Feb. A couple of weeks later, it was changed to Feb 29 - Mar 31. This morning it has been pushed back 2 months. My EDD is now Apr/May. The same EDD a new LR order Is showing. Ugh!!
What's the configuration? White Interior? There was also someone in this thread who had a date push like that but it was an error that self-corrected.

Do people usually wait until delivery day to do their insurance once its closer to delivery day?
In the past when purchasing a new car, I just had to show proof on insurance never had to show proof of insurance on the car being purchased.
For example when I bought my last wrangler, I purchased the truck that evening added it to my insurance vs prior to the purchase etc

Agree, 6 test drive vehicles sounds pretty excessive. I went to my local center for a test drive too, I was literally the only non employee there. I dunno how many demo vehicles they had but I hope not every center gets 6 of a model, they sure didn’t need multiples when I went!
I did kinda want to take a Model S for a spin, especially if they had a Plaid. But then I didn’t want to ruin myself either. So I didn’t ask.
I totally get them wanting to prioritize repeat customers, as I think is fitting to do as a reward for loyalty.
I have a Plaid. But it doesn’t stop me from enjoying my 3 LR. Sure the Plaid is faster but it’s also boat like in handling and the air suspension is extremely disappointing compared to the older S. I kinda dig how much more nimble the 3 is and the simplicity of the single sceeen. But that’s just me.

Do people usually wait until delivery day to do their insurance once its closer to delivery day?
In the past when purchasing a new car, I just had to show proof on insurance never had to show proof of insurance on the car being purchased.
For example when I bought my last wrangler, I purchased the truck that evening added it to my insurance vs prior to the purchase etc
You have to add insurance to your account in the app before picking up -- you can just call your company and give them the VIN then upload the card.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Guys - is the new screen in the 3 smaller BEZEL wise, or SCREEN SIZE wise? I ordered a screen protector a while back and I just realized it says it’s not compatible for the new 3. But if it’s only the bezels that are smaller, it should still work.. no?
This guy mentioned in his video that the screen in the 2024 M3 is slightly different and legacy screen protectors don't fit.

Reactions: Thp3 and sydneylax
Did it lift your spirits or just make the waiting worse? I did the exact same thing (demo drive). I have to admit though I was expecting a harder pull on the 0-60 acceleration compared to my early build M3 that I have now. I could tell the AWD vehicle was faster than mine (about a second or so per specs), but it wasn't night and day either. The seat coolers on the other hand - oh.. my... god. Loved that feeling!

It did both haha!

Enjoyed driving it and getting to see it, which validated the decision to get this car. But after leaving I want it even more haha

I drove two rwd models and found the punch fun, I ordered a dual motor so am excited to drive it.

Is your current 3 a dual motor I assume?

Guys - is the new screen in the 3 smaller BEZEL wise, or SCREEN SIZE wise? I ordered a screen protector a while back and I just realized it says it’s not compatible for the new 3. But if it’s only the bezels that are smaller, it should still work.. no?
The new physical size is 15.4 compared to the prior 15. Spigen makes a nice one you can buy on Amazon. It says its for the Model 3, at 15.4. Inches. I have one on my current 2021, and like it. ** New **

Someone had this happen to them in this thread, it’s not actually delayed this long. Sometimes this happens right before it updates to a new EDD, since the app can’t determine the new EDD it just tells you the current wait on the website. It will update don’t worry.

Hey guys, my EDD updated yesterday as I told you, and it made me agree to the Tesla Vision, but I never got a VIN. Is that normal? I’ve been seeing that you’re supposed to get a VIN after agreeing to that. Should I contact my SA?
Update: I DO HAVE A VIN! Lol @CartierX you could be a psychic. I got mine when you said I would!

Got a notification at 6pm tonight from Tesla advisor on app, 2/17, had to sign Tesla vision disclosure, was assigned a vin.

My estimated delivery changed from 2/28-3/30 to 2/18-2/25 aka this week.

Not getting my hopes up as this timeline doesn’t seem to match anything I’ve seen. Live in Denver too, far from port.
Ordered 1/10
Until last night my estimated delivery 2/28-3/30.
In last 12 hours I got vision sign-off, VIN, and changed delivery date 2/18-2/25.
Woke up this morning and had notification to schedule delivery, scheduled it for Tuesday 2/20.

Very fast weird turnaround, never seen it before. Likely someone backed out. Hope there’s not a defect.