Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Plaid. But it doesn’t stop me from enjoying my 3 LR. Sure the Plaid is faster but it’s also boat like in handling and the air suspension is extremely disappointing compared to the older S. I kinda dig how much more nimble the 3 is and the simplicity of the single sceeen. But that’s just me.
I’m with you. Last Sept I wanted to upgrade to S and even ordered it. I then test drove it twice and while it felt luxurious and fast I noticed how much harder it felt to maneuver in smaller spaces and parking. That turned me off and I decided to wait for the new Model 3.

Reactions: luginewo
Does anyone know how complicated it would be to swap seats in the new M3? I ordered the white interior but in an ideal world I'd have the white interior with black seats. Is this possible?
If you got salvaged seats that were black from the same year and model car, I cannot see why they wouldn't fit. Also, I suppose you could buy seats as replacement parts.

Reactions: floppyknees
Update 2: March 20th ~ 31st (lr, red, white interior, 18in wheel ordered 1/16)

I was able to test drive rwd today. I am coming from toyota corolla, so I am very easy to impress, but the car was very fun to drive and I can’t wait for my car to be delivered!

Sad news for me. My edd was between 3/20 and 3/31 and it is pushed back to Apr, May timeline.

Ordered 1/16, LR, Red, White Interior, 18in Roswell GA.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 18
Do people usually wait until delivery day to do their insurance once its closer to delivery day?
In the past when purchasing a new car, I just had to show proof on insurance never had to show proof of insurance on the car being purchased.
For example when I bought my last wrangler, I purchased the truck that evening added it to my insurance vs prior to the purchase etc
I'm in NY so it may be different, but I had to prove insurance, and the insurance card needs to show the VIN and have the scannable barcode. If you don't have that you can't register the car. You can add to to your insurance and make the efffective date whatever your delivery date is. I just added mine yesterday and started the policy on that day so I could upload the ID. I don't want anything to mess up delivery day on the 22nd, especially since I will be 7 hours from home.