Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, just joined to let everyone know I received a VIN although my EDD yesterday changed to APR-MAY.
Order Date: 1/10
LR White Exterior Black Interior
Los Angeles, CA

Received VIN 2/27 EDD Feb 28 - March 7

It looks like California Orders for LR and being delivered soon, saw on the Excel sheet another user from Carlsbad, CA is getting a delivery sometime this week.
Update got a text to take delivery at 3:30PM PST. Taking Delivery March 1

I'm in MD. Base config. Stealth gray, SR, black interior, 18" wheels.

I'm sorry for everyone waiting on the white interior or LR!

But yeah, anyone can share their experience about my question here?
with self-financing do you mean that you are going to your own bank to get a loan?

if so, then it functions as a cash sale to Tesla. Your bank gives you a check for the full amount due to Tesla, which should be car price + tax+title+registration. you'll get this $ amount in the final sales agreement. The bank may give you a cashers check with a note that says it's valid up to a specific dollar amount.

Then you pay back your loan to the bank like any other loan. Principal + interest + fees

example final price sheet from Tesla on this post:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DingoStar
I just got my VIN and an actual EDD!

OD: 2/17
1st EDD: Feb. - Mar.
2nd EDD: Mar 14 - Mar 23

I have a question for everyone who is doing self-financing. How are taxes handled? Does it roll into your loan, or do you have to pay it upfront?
In Texas, taxes are now included in the final sale price and MVOA. You can either roll them into the loan (assuming you aren't asking for more than your loan's max loan-to-value (LTV)) or pay them in cash. Not sure if this varies between states.

(This is new. When I ordered our first Tesla back in 2020, I had to go to the Texas DPS to pay for registration and taxes. It's great to see this automated now like traditional dealers have done for a long time!)

Honestly have you called and chewed anyone out yet? Your situation is more frustrating then mine I was ready to call today and ruin someone’s day until I saw some sort of update on my account.
Many times. They don’t care, or have the capacity to understand. They just revert to “all orders are different”. I’m clearly getting boned. Ordered day of release and not only are people getting their vin/delivery after me (by 30+ days), but people literally in my area with same builds and later order dates are getting them. There’s no reasoning to it and I just want them to look into my order. Something has clearly slipped through the panel gaps here.

Many times. They don’t care, or have the capacity to understand. They just revert to “all orders are different”. I’m clearly getting boned. Ordered day of release and not only are people getting their vin/delivery after me (by 30+ days), but people literally in my area with same builds and later order dates are getting them. There’s no reasoning to it and I just want them to look into my order. Something has clearly slipped through the panel gaps here.
I just tried to scroll up and see what people said their builds are. I might’ve missed something, but aren’t you comparing a LR white interior (still waiting) to a SR black interior (just got a VIN or date)?
Agree the waiting sucks, I’m a LR White interior too. And I hope they start building those soon! But so far, it seems the LR and White Interior separately are rare, and the combo is Unicorn rare it seems so far.

I just tried to scroll up and see what people said their builds are. I might’ve missed something, but aren’t you comparing a LR white interior (still waiting) to a SR black interior (just got a VIN or date)?
Agree the waiting sucks, I’m a LR White interior too. And I hope they start building those soon! But so far, it seems the LR and White Interior separately are rare, and the combo is Unicorn rare it seems so far.
I have black interior, it was changed a while ago. My title still just says white

with self-financing do you mean that you are going to your own bank to get a loan?

if so, then it functions as a cash sale to Tesla. Your bank gives you a check for the full amount due to Tesla, which should be car price + tax+title+registration. you'll get this $ amount in the final sales agreement. The bank may give you a cashers check with a note that says it's valid up to a specific dollar amount.

Then you pay back your loan to the bank like any other loan. Principal + interest + fees

example final price sheet from Tesla on this post:
Thank you so much, this is the clarification I was looking for!

Reactions: 00omega