Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My trade-in value just came back, nearly $3k less than the estimator which is a bit problematic for me. I’m debating selling my car to Carmax or Carvana instead who is saying they will offer me the amount needed to pay off my current loan and then some.

Anyone have any experience selling to a 3rd party and rejecting Tesla’s trade in offer? Can I leave it in a pending status until I am sure everything goes through with the 3rd party and still apply for Tesla financing?

Last edited:
My trade-in value just came back, nearly $3k less than the estimator which is a bit problematic for me. I’m debating selling my car to carmax instead who is saying they will offer me the amount needed to pay off my current loan.

Anyone have any experience selling to a 3rd party and rejecting Tesla’s trade in offer? Can I leave it in a pending status and still apply for Tesla financing?
Was this your first Trade in value? Or did you have to reapply cause it expired?

Totally agree. I LOVEEE the look of the new 3, which is why I'm super excited about it. But, I will say, I drove my boyfriends Model Y, and it is a very nice ride. The sound system is amazing, it's comfortable, and the size is perfect. So, I wont be too sad if i have to cancel my order. Either way, it works out for me (i guess lol) i'm going to continue hoping for the best with my 3.
I’ve had my M3 for about 10 days now and I love it. I thought about the Y because I also drive a truck and it’s been forever since I’ve had a car and thought maybe the larger Y would be an easier adjustment. But I never liked the look of the Y, until I saw it in the stealth grey on the 2024 model. I don’t have buyers remorse but if I had to do over again I’d at least demo drive the Y before deciding.

Reactions: ag21 and sydneylax
I’ve had my M3 for about 10 days now and I love it. I thought about the Y because I also drive a truck and it’s been forever since I’ve had a car and thought maybe the larger Y would be an easier adjustment. But I never liked the look of the Y, until I saw it in the stealth grey on the 2024 model. I don’t have buyers remorse but if I had to do over again I’d at least demo drive the Y before deciding.
I wouldn't even think about cancelling and getting the Y, but after seeing the Y being the almost exact same price as the 3, it makes me wonder if the Y is the better deal

Reactions: catxi
Two totally different cars. Would you rather have a single scoop of chocolate gelato or, for the same price, two scoops of vanilla gelato.
Haha that's a funny way of putting it. So maybe the Y IS the better option.. lol i've been venting to people and one of them had a point, he said i may end up regretting it because they're going to refresh the Y in a few months. Whatcha think?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Y is absolutely better choice for 99% of people. It's an suv with more space, and it is eligible for $7500 federal tax rebate.

I went with model 3 because I just loooooove small sporty sedans. (also I might be bad with my personal finance)
I'm just one person, no kids, don't really take friends anywhere, but I do love the extra space and not breaking my back getting out of cars lol im 5'7 (this isnt tall by any means, but bigger cars do help!!)

Also.... double post to Ludicrous speculation thread but here we go

1709605996823.png

Model 3 Performance certification is leaked in South Korea it seems. Since it is rumor and I am nobody, take this information with a grain of salt.

It is going to be dual motor awd with 215ps front motor and 412ps rear motor. So if calculation is correct, it is going to have 618hp.

domestic/import: import
import company: Tesla Korea Inc.
manufacturer: Tesla Motors
manufactured country: China
car name: Model 3 Performance
fuel: electricity
car type: 003
motor type: 3D3 (front), 4D2(rear)
car type: car(small)
max output: 215ps (front), 412ps (rear), 6625rpm (front), 8000rpm (rear)
battery voltage: 355V
transmission: automatic
Gross weight/weight: 2180kg, 1844kg

issue:
comment: high temp: city: 444.195km (276mi), highway: 412.07km (256mi), overall 429.739km (267mi)
low temp: city: 321.593km (199mi), highway: 402.739km (250mi), overall 358.109km (222mi)

Edit 1: Based on specs on the rumor, it is going to be 82kwh battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twentytwo2277
Haha that's a funny way of putting it. So maybe the Y IS the better option.. lol i've been venting to people and one of them had a point, he said i may end up regretting it because they're going to refresh the Y in a few months. Whatcha think?
I hear rumblings about the Juniper Model Y. But if you're waiting for the new thing you may never buy. The Highland was a good refresh and I bet Juniper will be good too. Just get the flavor you like, you can always get another scoop down the road.

What's the link to the M3 Google Sheets? I'm trying to see if the link I have in my Chrome history is the right one. If it is...well, someone deleted all the data from the Fremont tab again. :rolleyes:

Also, I finally got my VIN tonight, with EDD3 of 3/19-3/26. Pretty quick turnaround after changing my interior from white to black on Saturday.
RWD or AWD. That’s what is important for context

What's the link to the M3 Google Sheets? I'm trying to see if the link I have in my Chrome history is the right one. If it is...well, someone deleted all the data from the Fremont tab again. :rolleyes:

Also, I finally got my VIN tonight, with EDD3 of 3/19-3/26. Pretty quick turnaround after changing my interior from white to black on Saturday.
It’s the right one. Deleted again. Someone has anger issues.