Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed what I think is a software issue on my new M3 LR. The internal temperature sensor reading is incorrect. This only happens when the car is "off" or not in use. Because of this, the car constantly triggers the cabin overheat reading.

I think it's software because, well, it only happens when not in use. It behaves like a moving average and slowly moves to >100°F and slowly moves down to set temperature. But it only "moves" only when in use.

Anyone else notice this?

Noticed what I think is a software issue on my new M3 LR. The internal temperature sensor reading is incorrect. This only happens when the car is "off" or not in use. Because of this, the car constantly triggers the cabin overheat reading.

I think it's software because, well, it only happens when not in use. It behaves like a moving average and slowly moves to >100°F and slowly moves down to set temperature. But it only "moves" only when in use.

Anyone else notice this?

Not likely a bug. I'd recommend looking up "Greenhouse Effect". While parked, the inside of your car will be several degrees higher than the outdoor ambient temperature.

Last edited:
Got it! Welcome home Elektra! More on delivery and driving once I get more time with it. This and another one were the first red M3 deliveries in Tampa. View attachment 1033668
this really is a very lovely color.. one of the best I’ve seen. It reminds me of something Infinity did a few years back for one of their top performance cars.

Question for anyone who knows.. what have they actually DONE to make it look this nice, this thick, rich, luminous, matalic., etc.. is it just more coats? Is there something special added to the paint? Is there something in the clear coat that comes out THROUGH the paint? It really looks special in person.

Finally took some photos! Other than the buzzing noise, it looks gorgeous!

Attachments

• IMG_7488.jpeg
    IMG_7488.jpeg
    542.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7489.jpeg
    IMG_7489.jpeg
    754.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7490.jpeg
    IMG_7490.jpeg
    712.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7493.jpeg
    IMG_7493.jpeg