Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They ended self registration in Texas supposedly in November. Really hurts to lose trade value and having to pay TTL on the full purchase price, so I’m curious to see if this will cost them customers.

What is a good website to sell private? I remember reading somewhere that some websites help with tax credits to the buyer too.
There are tons of websites and stuff for this out there. I posted on a lot of them. I got an interested buyer through Find My Electric and he seemed like a good guy really interested and excited about getting his first Tesla so I made it work with him.

The buyer wanted to use KeySavvy exactly for that reason, so he could get the used car tax credit. I agreed and it was actually a really good idea since they took care of paying off the remaining balance on my loan, providing the buyer with temporary plates and registration, and transferring the title over to the buyer. All I did was list it, hand the car over to the buyer and received my payment direct to my bank account. They charge both the buyer and the seller a small fixed fee, no percentages, it was like $75 I think + another small fee if you need to pay off loan. There's an option to split the fees however you like between buyer and seller. They walk you through everything and customer service answered all my questions quickly both online and on the phone. Highly recommended given my experience with them.

Last edited:
There are tons of websites and stuff for this out there. I posted on a lot of them. I got an interested buyer through Find My Electric Sell My Tesla Online at the #1 Used Tesla Site! and he seemed like a good guy really interested and excited about getting his first Tesla so I made it work with him.
That’s a neat site, thanks for posting. I wonder, however, how close to mkt the list pricing is? For example, a 2018 LR RWD M3 with ~ 30K miles, FSD prices are between ~ 37k-45K… those prices seem JUST a bit on the high side from what I have seen around here.

That’s a neat site, thanks for posting. I wonder, however, how close to mkt the list pricing is? For example, a 2018 LR RWD M3 with ~ 30K miles, FSD prices are between ~ 37k-45K… those prices seem JUST a bit on the high side from what I have seen around here.
You can ask for whatever price you want. Whether you will get any buyers is a totally different question...

• Funny
Reactions: GuyFromAz
There are tons of websites and stuff for this out there. I posted on a lot of them. I got an interested buyer through Find My Electric Sell My Tesla Online at the #1 Used Tesla Site! and he seemed like a good guy really interested and excited about getting his first Tesla so I made it work with him.

The buyer wanted to use KeySavvy exactly for that reason, so he could get the used car tax credit. I agreed and it was actually a really good idea since they took care of paying off the remaining balance on my loan, providing the buyer with temporary plates and registration, and transferring the title over to the buyer. All I did was list it, hand the car over to the buyer and received my payment direct to my bank account. They charge both the buyer and the seller a small fixed fee, no percentages, it was like $75 I think + another small fee if you need to pay off loan. There's an option to split the fees however you like between buyer and seller. They walk you through everything and customer service answered all my questions quickly both online and on the phone. Highly recommended given my experience with them.
Thanks for the site suggestion. I've never sold a car private before, always opted for a Trade-in. But Tesla's initial offer was laughable. And updated offers from other sites were not great either. As I'm in the White Interior Limbo, I'm not needing to do much beyond just wait right now. But closer to time, it's good to have another option in my back pocket.

Anybody looking for floor mats. I found these and I think it’s a great deal. After using the Easter promo code the set comes out to $118.

Thanks for the site suggestion. I've never sold a car private before, always opted for a Trade-in. But Tesla's initial offer was laughable. And updated offers from other sites were not great either. As I'm in the White Interior Limbo, I'm not needing to do much beyond just wait right now. But closer to time, it's good to have another option in my back pocket.
Yeah one silver lining of the white interior wait time is you can take your time finding the right buyer for the right price selling private. It's a seller's market so you will be drowning in offers (mostly low balls of course), just have to pick the right one.

I see you're also doing FSD transfer, which I did and it was a bit headache inducing, but at the end of the day it all worked out. Just make sure you don't complete your sale before you confirm the FSD transfer has been completed. Once you have the FSD transfer confirmation email you should be good to go on transferring the car to the buyer.

What is a good website to sell private? I remember reading somewhere that some websites help with tax credits to the buyer too.

After receiving Tesla’s trade-in offer, I went to “We Buy Any Car” “CarMax” and “Carvana.” Carvana was made the highest offer by far. Selling to these companies is fast and easy but We Buy Any Car and CarMax may try to negotiate down from its offer when it sees your car. Carvana just uses photos and verifies the condition of the car on pick up or delivery and pays on the spot. Not recommending any of these companies but all are worth the try. Private local sales can be time consuming and are fraught with disappointment when the buyer can’t come up with the money.

I didn't say frunk.
ahh yeah, sorry, I realized that. Only meant to say that its a set of trunk and frunk mats. But I did notice the trunk mats have a slightly different shape than previous gen. Maybe it still technically fits in the 2024, but the cutouts, especially in the corners storage bin area looks a lil different. Are you noticing any misalignment or lines that are off?

Reactions: zoomer0056
The VIN for that car is 718XXX so I don’t think that’s a sign that they are now producing white interior when people are getting VINs in the 733XXX.
That’s what I was thinking. They seem to have produced a handful at the very beginning and they went to be dealer stock. Then the whites ran out before they got to the regular people ordering

Reactions: Whitezoid
They ended self registration in Texas supposedly in November. Really hurts to lose trade value and having to pay TTL on the full purchase price, so I’m curious to see if this will cost them customers.
I was told today that as a Texas resident, I would be responsible for completing the registration process and that Tesla would send me a document packet 3 weeks from taking delivery.

There are tons of websites and stuff for this out there. I posted on a lot of them. I got an interested buyer through Find My Electric and he seemed like a good guy really interested and excited about getting his first Tesla so I made it work with him.

I second KeySavvy. I just sold my S and used KeySavvy and had a shockingly great experience. Buyer did too.

You must be bundled with house or other cars. $1500/yr, that's the very best I've seen so far.
I am not bundled with anything. New policy of my own. No accidents or tickets in the last ten years probably helps. I opted out of the drive and save where they track your driving, that saved me ten a month.

The saleswoman was relentless and kept reaching out since my order…she was not going to let me use another company.
IMG_4109.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056