Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"You" is the answer to that question. Your state wont care, and Tesla delivery dates are estimates. No one is paying your or anyone elses costs for anything because the car didnt deliver on time.

The Tesla order agreement spells this out, though:

(relevant part from page 1)

View attachment 1037417

(no I dont work for Tesla, no I dont have any contacts or other information around this topic of vehicle delivery etc, I am just a regular end user like everyone else. I also understand peoples frustration, but am trying to provide information so that people dont think they have some monetary recourse or other because they miss some date due to their car estimated delivery slipping. There isnt one.)
When I placed my order (1/16), the first EDD was from the end of Jan to the beginning of Feb. Now the EDD is Jul 11 to Aug 18. That is, at best, 600% failure. With such failure rate...whatever is written in the OD agreement is irrelevant and wrong. Only startup companies reach such failure to deliver rates....ie like Tesla. As far as I am concerned, I could easily consider other brands all this time...I even missed special offers/pricings from other manufacturers, simply because Tesla provided false information. Once again...a startup company.

When I placed my order (1/16), the first EDD was from the end of Jan to the beginning of Feb. Now the EDD is Jul 11 to Aug 18. That is, at best, 600% failure. With such failure rate...whatever is written in the OD agreement is irrelevant and wrong. Only startup companies reach such failure to deliver rates....ie like Tesla. As far as I am concerned, I could easily consider other brands all this time...I even missed special offers/pricings from other manufacturers, simply because Tesla provided false information. Once again...a startup company.
What will you do, jump ship or wait?

That has zero to do with you or anyone else being due any monetary damages, which is the only thing I was responding to. I said I understood people being upset (I would be too) but no one is due any restitution at all, including "I missed this sale at this other manufacturerer".

When I placed my order (1/16), the first EDD was from the end of Jan to the beginning of Feb. Now the EDD is Jul 11 to Aug 18. That is, at best, 600% failure. With such failure rate...whatever is written in the OD agreement is irrelevant and wrong

What does the "E" in EDD stand for?
1712854187328.png

Like @jjrandorin I understand being annoyed and upset if the thing I want to buy keeps getting delayed. I also was looking to get the white interior, but have waited to make my order altogether until I see these start rolling off the assembly line.

Only startup companies reach such failure to deliver rates....ie like Tesla. As far as I am concerned, I could easily consider other brands all this time...I even missed special offers/pricings from other manufacturers, simply because Tesla provided false information. Once again...a startup company.

Your perspective on this may have been different if you had wanted a Cadillac Lyriq... Again the annoyance is understandable, but an estimated delivery date changing is not false information. Just like when your Amazon package delivery date changes, its annoying but it is not false information.

Hoping I get a vin soon after switching to black interior.
After my complaints to the SAs ( on app messages) post my latest pushback to June, I got a call today with 3 LR paint choices all with black interior. Jumped ship and picked a red one. Cost is wash with the +1k paint offset by the black interior credit. I have had a white interior M3 for over 3 years and would have preferred that. But with the NJ $1k additional 4 year registration fee deadline of July 1 looming and an email from Tesla saying they cannot guarantee making the deadline after June 15th deliveries, jumped ship. Pickup Saturday.

white int spotted in flyover. that’s a good sign

edit: unless those first few cars were older models or Y’s

edit: they were Y’s
Given that it seems like all White Interior EDDs got pushed into the June timeframe (1.5 months away), I wouldn't be holding my breath to see any White M3's in Flyover videos for a while! They're definitely not gonna make them "now" and hold for 45+ days.

Reactions: Whitezoid and jiren
Hello all, been lurking here for a while but after recent events and the string of posts above, feel I may as well add my experience. Ordered White/White LR on 3/12. Site had Apr-May estimate. First official EDD was "May 2024." A few weeks later that was May 6 - June 10." I had no idea that white interior was any sort of issue until coming on this site after that change. This lead to yesterday, when I got a new EDD of July 23 - August 27 (!!!) That's 4-6 months after ordering and 3-4 months after initial estimated delivery timeline. It's just ridiculous not to give the customer some explanation or heads up on this, espescially at the time of ordering. Bit the bullet and changed to same order in black interior yesterday. Was hoping to see a new sooner delivery date but nothing since. I was willing to wait to May for the option of my choice (it's not exactly an unusual option for Teslas) but not willing to wait additional months for a car that's not even my first choice, so I hope to hear something soon. I was really deadset on the new 3, but now looking at other options, including a used 2023 model 3 or Y with low miles. Tesla called me literally every day after my demo drive, but now seemingly impossible to get any word from them. Really a poor way of going about this. If I was an investor, I would be pretty annoyed at putting new customers through this type of process. Anyway, nice to be here.