Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 | Installing Aluminum Performance Pedals

javinos

Jan 6, 2018
Florida
FD074DAD-6BDF-4439-8E3B-1D5D984A5C5A.jpeg
I purchased the topfit ones on Amazon. Yes brake pedal slightly wider but if pushed to left works fine. Fit snugly on the model 3

Tony_YYZ

Tezler Guru
Apr 7, 2016
Caledon, ON Canada

TLDW

Tesla Pedals Cost $150 vs these $30 Pedals from Ebay.

Model S Pedals work on the Model 3 but the brake pedal is slightly wider.

Install takes less than 1min you pull off the rubber pedal cover and put the new one on by pulling the rubber around the metal base.

That's pretty much it.

Cheers,

Kenriko
Can you supply the link to the pedals on eBay please?

Tony_YYZ

Tezler Guru
Apr 7, 2016
Caledon, ON Canada

EVTuning

Former Vendor
Feb 14, 2018
Seabrook, NH
I carry an aftermarket version for Model S that should in theory work if the other aftermarket ones work for the Model 3. We have them in stock at our location in southern New Hampshire. They're more than double the money of those on ebay but quality in the aluminum casting and the rubber seems to be significantly different between the two. Just another option to look at. I know price point is an important thing to consider when buying something.

Tony_YYZ

Tezler Guru
Apr 7, 2016
Caledon, ON Canada
I carry an aftermarket version for Model S that should in theory work if the other aftermarket ones work for the Model 3. We have them in stock at our location in southern New Hampshire. They're more than double the money of those on ebay but quality in the aluminum casting and the rubber seems to be significantly different between the two. Just another option to look at. I know price point is an important thing to consider when buying something.

Thanks. But unfortunately the cost is key for some of us, especially those of us in Canada like me. Pursuing your option would bring my total to around $100 CAD before shipping. Whereas I can get the aforementioned options for about ~$50 shipped.

bandwagon

Jun 4, 2018
LaVista
0EFC3127-2F29-4A63-972A-6E640694717D.jpeg
For reference, the S/X brake pedal is wider than the 3 - although it does fit. My 3 did not have an accelerator cover from the factory (plain plastic)

Reaction26

Apr 29, 2012
Fairfax, VA
There has to be a company who sells ones specifically for the Model 3. We are trying to make other fit onto the Model 3 pedals and its my opinion its a work-a-around. EV Tuning is a great source hopefully they can get the price point lower or come up with a large order so we can get a group buy on the pedals I know a lot of us are interested in getting pedals.

TT97

Aug 6, 2017
Los Angeles
There has to be a company who sells ones specifically for the Model 3. We are trying to make other fit onto the Model 3 pedals and its my opinion its a work-a-around. EV Tuning is a great source hopefully they can get the price point lower or come up with a large order so we can get a group buy on the pedals I know a lot of us are interested in getting pedals.

Amazon sells one specif to the 3:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFZMTN...colid=LV6KFLUJFWRQ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It irks me (because I don't want to use other more appropriate words) that they charge 50% more for the 3's pedals as they do for the S&X.

I would be interested in a group buy if price is reasonable.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC