Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Key Fob is here: $150

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got mine today. Paired no problem, but on the screen it says "Unknown key". I also received a notification on my phone to contact support. The fob however works just fine. Should I ignore?

I got the app error too with both my fobs. I ignored it. If you click the pencil button in the car next to the unknown key you can rename it something friendlier.

8B87859E-6825-46F0-82FB-6874B0FC463B.jpeg
:rolleyes: Sigh.

Got mine today. Surprised it shipped with two batteries (isn't the battery supposed to last 5 years)? Also found it hard to put the battery cover back on. Are you supposed to but the fatter side in first, then snap the smaller side towards the front of the car? Wish it came with a basic manual to at least show which way the battery went in.

Got mine today. Surprised it shipped with two batteries (isn't the battery supposed to last 5 years)? Also found it hard to put the battery cover back on. Are you supposed to but the fatter side in first, then snap the smaller side towards the front of the car? Wish it came with a basic manual to at least show which way the battery went in.

The key fob is covered in the manual for your car. Which should be available in the car as well as online: https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
You’re fiddling with a fob instead of a phone. Not worth the $150 for me.
You can use the fob while it’s still in your pocket without looking at your phone. Unlocking your phone, launching the app, waiting for it to wake up the car, click unlock frunk, click double dare accept...after using a fob on my S, it’s just far simpler if you want to access the frunk or trunk with a fob. But to each their own...

Reactions: dhanson865