Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Troy - just joined here and wanted to thank you for what I'm sure is a ton of hard work on the tracking spreadsheets.

Also have a question - I added my order info and I see you have it grouped by model / color. Does Tesla build the 3's in batches based on the color? I see only one person listed with the same color as me who has a vin - everyone else is waiting

Oh one other question - how come the reservation dates aren't listed, do those not factor in anymore (in terms of when a person's car is built/delivered)?

Does Tesla build the 3's in batches based on the color?

Yes, color affects VIN assignments. Deep Blue Metallic is the most popular color for Model 3 LRD and the second most popular after Red multi-coat for P but for some reason the last two weeks were not great for Deep Blue Metallic. However, that's only for LRD and P. LR VIN rate was very good. The screenshot source for this chart is the VIN Queue tab HERE.

fCQv9XK.gif

how come the reservation dates aren't listed, do those not factor in anymore (in terms of when a person's car is built/delivered)?

Correct. The reservation date and ownership status never had any effect after you configure. They only provided early access to the configurator. Now the configurator is open to the public. Therefore they are irrelevant. I expect them to be relevant again for SR/SRD and international orders.

Last edited:
The Options and More tab is now called the Survey tab. I added historical values of the star ratings so you can see whether things improve or not. For example, this chart shows that communication prior to delivery was 3.9 stars on 30 May, 3.7 on 30 June and again 3.7 on 30 July. It's not getting better. However, there is a slight improvement in panel gaps.
T5mgcBc.gif

In addition, yesterday, I added 3 new charts about repairs. They look like this. There is a change log table on the How to use tab.
8D7bMfp.gif

Are people not editing their AWD orders to white interior, not wanting to pay the $1,500 or just not updating the spreadsheet?

Based on people with a configuration date:
Performance: 151 orders, 62 white interior (41%)
AWD: 619 orders, 37 white interior (6%)

AWD White Interior.JPG

Or did I mess something up?

Hi, everybody.

I have removed the July delivery estimate because it relies on the sample rate which has dropped sharply this month. People who placed an order recently without a reservation are a lot less likely to know about this spreadsheet than those who have been waiting since 2016. We already knew that but now I have looked at the production numbers closer and it suggests that the sample rate might have dropped from 7.3% in June to 2.1% in July.

The production estimate for July is 15,205 units and there are hardly any people left waiting for delivery. Look at how this red line dropped sharply in July. It's heading to zero. It will move closer to zero when I clean up some of the outdated data.

vZ6yJi8.gif

I have now separated RWD and AWD VINs. There is currently only one VIN chart that shows RWD VINs. The other VIN chart will be added later when there is more data. However, I suggest checking out the new production tab. I have just updated it within the last hour. It works based on the separate VIN chart idea.

Hi @Troy,
Would you possibly be able to get my data into the appropriate sheet? I cant really figure out where to enter it. I now have a VIN and delivery date for my AWD non-p. If you are willing to assist i can give you all the details. I want to share the data to help others. Thank you, Rich

Hi @Troy,
Would you possibly be able to get my data into the appropriate sheet? I cant really figure out where to enter it. I now have a VIN and delivery date for my AWD non-p. If you are willing to assist i can give you all the details. I want to share the data to help others. Thank you, Rich

I had a little trouble originally finding it but here you go. It should ask you to sign in.
Model 3 Order Tracker Spreadsheet by Troy aka /u/Teslike

• Disagree
Reactions: Phoenix1
  • Informative
Reactions: Out4aDuck
@tentimesodds, @Bokonon,
The other spreadsheet HERE still has the reservation date and ownership status column. I removed those because they are not relevant but feel free to analyze the data there if you want. HERE is a video that shows how to filter and sort. The VIN rate is 5% for owners and non-owners. That means ownership status is irrelevant. Also, if you sort by reservation date you get fewer VINs on top compared to sorting by configuration date which is what actually counts.
Looking at this other spreadsheet I'm not seeing my own entry, and there's a bit of noise. It seems like they are going in reservation order, not config order, for AWD orders? Maybe we could add back reservation date for AWD on the broader status page?

Looking at this other spreadsheet I'm not seeing my own entry, and there's a bit of noise. It seems like they are going in reservation order, not config order, for AWD orders? Maybe we could add back reservation date for AWD on the broader status page?

Agreed. I'm having a tough time cross-comparing the entries across the two spreadsheets, as the one with the reservation date does not appear to be up-to-date with the latest data. Ideally, everyone with an AWD order would keep Troy's spreadsheet updated at each stage of the process, and the "reservation date/time" column would be visible for us to sort/filter. As a side-project, though (mostly to make myself *slightly* less insane while awaiting ISA contact :) ), I created my own (offline) spreadsheet to track AWD orders specifically, based on the reservation/order details that people are posting online, so that I could get a better idea of how AWD orders are being fulfilled.

One only needs to look at the late May / early June AWD configurations to confirm that reservation date takes precedence over order date. These early AWD invites were sent out based on UTC (GMT) reservation time, without taking time zones into account. As a result, east-coast line-waiters like me (who reserved 3/31 11:30am EDT) were able to configure AWD before people on the west coast who were first in line. However, when it comes to *fulfilling* AWD orders, Tesla does appear to be taking time zone into account (i.e. they are considering *local* reservation time, not UTC reservation time), which is why you see some people who ordered AWD "after the floodgates opened" (6/27 or later) get their orders fulfilled before some who ordered AWD a month earlier.

It goes without saying, of course, that there are other factors (namely, configuration and delivery center throughput) that influence when a particular order will be fulfilled (which is why there are some people who were near the front of their lines on 3/31/16 and ordered P/AWD on 5/20 who have yet to be contacted by an ISA). And there appear to be at least two people who reserved on 4/1 and who report that their AWD orders are being fulfilled, which I cannot explain. But broadly speaking, based on the data I've collected, it appears that VIN assignment correlates much more strongly with reservation date than configuration date. If we could see reservation date (and, ideally, local reservation time*) in Troy's spreadsheet, I think we would be able to confirm this broad correlation.

* Local reservation time is a data point that I am sorely lacking in my spreadsheet, since most people who post online simply identify themselves as "line-waiters" or "first-day reservations" without being more specific.

Just picked my msm up! The red, white, blues lookssooooooooo amazing in person than online! The sales spoke so fast and the whole thing took 15 minutes! I do get nausea when i let go of the pedal...everytime..but i like how it stops for you so drastically..