Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1049517

Made a quick and dirty spreadsheet from the 0-140 video. I've attached the Excel sheet if anyone wants to check me or play with the math. Not sure how to post it to Google Sheets without exposing my account but feel free to if you like.

I got 11.41 @ 123.76 but I think that's absolute worst case without rollout (you can't do no rollout on a dragstrip). So take .2 off for rolling out of the beams and you're already at 11.2. Plus, my calculation assumes linear acceleration between 120 and 130 and we know that's not true (123 is closer to 120 and acceleration will taper more toward the 130 end). Finally, anyone who has been to the dragstrip knows 123 MPH is a bit high for 11.2 to 11.4. Sounds more like a 10.8 to 11.0 run max.

Anyway, just something to distract me while I wait I guess. :D
It’s definitely going to be in the 10s. No way would Elon put that badge on the car and only do 11s. 😆

Reactions: JezzaE
Mine (Day 0, UR/B, Chicago) just got adjusted from 5/29-6/26 to 5/30-6/13 (delayed a day but shortened). Assuming that EDDs are tied to a statistical production planning system and not say, lotto ping pong balls, I'd venture to guess that they're planning on a production run of black interiors. With some of the white interiors in contrast being delayed with the ~30 day window, I think it's reasonable to assume they're alternating runs to meet the existing orders using FIFO, and that runs in the closer future have tighter windows than ones further in the future

Last edited:
IMG_5789.jpeg

Chicagoland, and I’ve had a VIN. Really hoping this updates today with hopefully delivery scheduling. Will be taking the car to the track and posting videos. Might try to get it to a drag strip for 1/4 mile testing too but I doubt it’ll be before someone else does. Also sent a message out to Savagegeese who is local to see if they want to review it.

Mine (Day 0, UR/B, Chicago) just got adjusted from 5/29-6/26 to 5/30-6/13 (delayed a day but shortened). Assuming that EDDs are tied to a statistical production planning system and not say, a magic 8 ball, I'd venture to guess that they're planning on a production run of black interiors. With some of the white interiors in contrast being delayed, I think it's reasonable to assume they're alternating runs to meet the existing orders using FIFO, and that runs in the closer future have tighter windows than ones further in the future
Same build & location, my EDD has not budged from 5/23-6/20. Idk if I should be happy or concerned.. 🧐

Reactions: jose3030
View attachment 1049547

Chicagoland, and I’ve had a VIN. Really hoping this updates today with hopefully delivery scheduling. Will be taking the car to the track and posting videos. Might try to get it to a drag strip for 1/4 mile testing too but I doubt it’ll be before someone else does. Also sent a message out to Savagegeese who is local to see if they want to review it.
Jealous, but gives me hope !

All members here >> Please create a signature that contains order date and what you ordered.

Because when you post >> I got pushed, it means nothing if you order yesterday and it means a lot if your ordered the day after orders open.

Does this makes sense?

Look at my signature below as an example

Not that It matters and I do not not put any faith in it but as jjrandorin has pointed out numerous times...EDD will fluctuate wildly and are never accurate .
However for those that had their EDD pushed months out. Mine did to too (July-Aug) but now went to this. I full expect this to change again.
Order update.jpg